• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Note of Introduction

• Members

Good Saturday evening! I am new to this forum, and so very thankful to have found it. It is such a blessing to be able to interact with other like-minded people. I reside in north Texas (where it is nice and toasty just now!). I work as a legal secretary, never married, and enjoy a quiet life with my two naughty little cats. I know I will learn so much from everyone here, and wish to express my appreciation in advance for the many blessings I anticipate receiving and friends I know I will make here!

• Members

Good Saturday evening! I am new to this forum, and so very thankful to have found it. It is such a blessing to be able to interact with other like-minded people. I reside in north Texas (where it is nice and toasty just now!). I work as a legal secretary, never married, and enjoy a quiet life with my two naughty little cats. I know I will learn so much from everyone here, and wish to express my appreciation in advance for the many blessings I anticipate receiving and friends I know I will make here!

Howdy, from NWGA! "Miss Linda," is what I called my (now) MIL, before she became "Mom!"
Welcome! Glad to have you here!

• Members

Thank you all for your gracious welcome. Jerry, I know a great many ladies who share my name! It's quite a common one, isn't it? :icon_smile:

John, I have been praying about possibly moving to Amarillo. The Dallas area just keeps getting larger and larger, and frankly more and more frightennig. Amarillo is a smaller city, but large enough to still have the services and amenities that make life a little easier (dry cleaners, mechanic shops, etc.). I just haven't quite mustered up the courage to actually go visit. It's hard to imagine moving to a place where you know absolutely no one. I understand Palo Duro Canyon is quite beautiful!

• Members

Thank you all for your gracious welcome. Jerry, I know a great many ladies who share my name! It's quite a common one, isn't it? :icon_smile:

John, I have been praying about possibly moving to Amarillo. The Dallas area just keeps getting larger and larger, and frankly more and more frightennig. Amarillo is a smaller city, but large enough to still have the services and amenities that make life a little easier (dry cleaners, mechanic shops, etc.). I just haven't quite mustered up the courage to actually go visit. It's hard to imagine moving to a place where you know absolutely no one. I understand Palo Duro Canyon is quite beautiful!

Ma'am, we've got all of those things, more and a great church, here in Summerville, GA! Well, we do drive seven minutes to Super Wal-mart! LOL

• Members

Yes, Palo Duro Canyon is very beautiful. Would love to get back that way one of these years.

• Members

Yes, its very common, but not as common as my name, Jerry Smith. coolsmiley.gif There be a couple more of them around this part of the woods that seem good at getting their name in the paper for such things as DUI's. Thankfully they're quite a bit younger than I and that lets everyone know its not this old country preacher.

Amarillo! The 1st time I was at Amarillo was for part of my basic training while in the Air Force, that was in 1966. I remember writing home to mother saying, if you've gat a clear view of east, there is not a tree in sight, if you've gat a clear view of south, there is not a tree in sight, if you've gat a clear view of west, there is not a tree in sight, if you've gat a clear view of north, there is not a tree in sight, the only trees around here is real skinny ones planted in front of our barracks, its pitiful out here, I can't see why anyone would live here.

• Members

Yes, its very common, but not as common as my name, Jerry Smith. coolsmiley.gif There be a couple more of them around this part of the woods that seem good at getting their name in the paper for such things as DUI's. Thankfully they're quite a bit younger than I and that lets everyone know its not this old country preacher.

Amarillo! The 1st time I was at Amarillo was for part of my basic training while in the Air Force, that was in 1966. I remember writing home to mother saying, if you've gat a clear view of east, there is not a tree in sight, if you've gat a clear view of south, there is not a tree in sight, if you've gat a clear view of west, there is not a tree in sight, if you've gat a clear view of north, there is not a tree in sight, the only trees around here is real skinny ones planted in front of our barracks, its pitiful out here, I can't see why anyone would live here.

Yes, I've run into a few women with my full name too. There's an actress with my full name, an attorney, a writer of historical novels. The list goes on. I'm just plain, "sit quietly in the back of the room" Linda, no distinguishing accomplishments! :icon_smile:

Your comment about Amarillo is pretty funny. I've heard they grow bumper crops of tumbleweeds in that area! I guess that's a good place to train Air Force pilots--fewer tall trees and mountains mean fewer OBstacles into which pilot trainees can fly their planes!

• Members

Welcome aboard, MissLinda. We're glad to have you. Check out the Ladies forum, also. I think you'll enjoy it. http://www.onlinebaptist.com/ladies/

Thank you so much, HappyChristian. I have actually already visited there and made the acquaintance of a great many wonderful, Godly ladies!

• Members

LOL, on both counts!

• Members

Yes, I've run into a few women with my full name too. There's an actress with my full name, an attorney, a writer of historical novels. The list goes on. I'm just plain, "sit quietly in the back of the room" Linda, no distinguishing accomplishments! :icon_smile:
Just continue to let the LORD work in your heart and life and that's enough!
Your comment about Amarillo is pretty funny. I've heard they grow bumper crops of tumbleweeds in that area! I guess that's a good place to train Air Force pilots--fewer tall trees and mountains mean fewer OBstacles into which pilot trainees can fly their planes! LOL