• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Military in Iraq and Afghanistan

• Members

Do you know anyone who has or is serving in either war; Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Please provide a yes or no.

Also, if you wish, say how many you may know (if more than one) and if you wish feel free to add their names that we may say a prayer for them and/or their families.

Thank you!!!

• Administrators

Do you know anyone who has or is serving in either war; Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Please provide a yes or no.

Also, if you wish, say how many you may know (if more than one) and if you wish feel free to add their names that we may say a prayer for them and/or their families.

Thank you!!!

Yes, several. One is in the sandbox now. His name is Stephen. Others are getting set to go. Some have been and are back. Some have died...

• Members

I have a cousin, Celeste, who is currently in Iraq now.

My brother-in-law, Todd, has served one tour of duty in Iraq and is suppose to deploy out later this year for another tour.

I have another cousin, David, who also served a tour of duty in Iraq until an injury forced him to come home early. The injury was not severe and was not the result of combat, but it did take him out long enough for them to have to ship him home.

Off the top of my head that is all I can think of out of my family who has served in Iraq. I do not know of anyone who has served in Afghanistan.

• Members

Thank you for the responses thus far.

I see that over a dozen have viewed this but only two replied. Even if you don't know anyone who was or is in one of those wars I would like you to reply with at least a simple "no", if you would please.

I'm sort of doing an informal poll, the results of which will give some determination.

• Members

I've done 3 tours in Iraq and will prOBably get hit with another or one to Afghanistan in the next couple years. I've led 3 teams in Iraq so I know quite a few who have been, who are there and who will be going soon...it's hard to know where to start. My sister-in-law (Amanda) has done two tours and just recently went on recruiter duty. Her boyfriend just got back from Afghanistan.

All the people I know need your prayer to be saved, saddens me to think so many that serve and die in combat will go to hell.

• Members

I've done 3 tours in Iraq and will prOBably get hit with another or one to Afghanistan in the next couple years. I've led 3 teams in Iraq so I know quite a few who have been, who are there and who will be going soon...it's hard to know where to start. My sister-in-law (Amanda) has done two tours and just recently went on recruiter duty. Her boyfriend just got back from Afghanistan.

All the people I know need your prayer to be saved, saddens me to think so many that serve and die in combat will go to hell.

The number of lost folks serving there has been a concern of mine as well. I often pray the Lord would move mightily among our troops with thousands coming to Christ. When I pray for local soldiers I typically pray the Lord would bring them home to us safe, whole and in Christ.

I thank God for protecting you in your previous tours and pray his hedge of protection will be round about you if you are called again and that His angels will guard over you. :icon_pray:

• Members

I have a friend who's husband was serving in Afghanistan... after serving a couple tours in Iraq... He was killed while serving in Feb. and left behind a wonderful wife and 4 kids... If you wouldn't mind adding her, Susan, and their 4 kids to your prayers.

Susan showed me the definition of Faith in God after her husband died! (She had faith before... but sometimes you don't see how deep it is until a person goes through turmoil)

• Members

I have a friend who's husband was serving in Afghanistan... after serving a couple tours in Iraq... He was killed while serving in Feb. and left behind a wonderful wife and 4 kids... If you wouldn't mind adding her, Susan, and their 4 kids to your prayers.

Susan showed me the definition of Faith in God after her husband died! (She had faith before... but sometimes you don't see how deep it is until a person goes through turmoil)

:icon_pray:

• Members

So of everyone here on OB only 6 (7 including myself) know someone who has served or is serving in Iraq or Afghanistan?

I know I live in a small town in a very rural county but virtually everyone around here knows someone who has or is serving there. From postings in other threads I'd thought more people here did too.

Anyway, the reason I asked is because I read where someone gave a speech on this topic and they said that only .06% of people in America knew someone who had or was serving in those two countries. That seems like a very, very low percentage but given the response here maybe it's close...(?)...I don't know.

• Members

My nieces ex husband has been there a few times, and as far as I know, is still there.

I pray for our country, that the Lord would soon intercede, and I think He will. We are fighting a false "god" (which is no god at all) as well as a well-equipped terrorist faction. I cannot see our God putting up with the exaltation of allah much longer, and stealing the glory that belongs to Him. The Lord will manifest His glory through His people, and I will rejoice in that day.

I believe that the Muslims have an agenda toward world domination, and they are on their way to reaching it! Only God can stop them, and then only when He is ready.

(Sorry, not trying to change the direction of this thread, but had to get a few things off my chest.)

Edited by irishman