• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Diabetes

• Members

Oh, vegan diet, no thank you, I would hate the vegan diet, give me good old greasy southern home cooking, and all my meats fried. Very few meats that I will eat if its baked or boiled..

I suppose growing up I drank way to many cokes, ate to much candy early on in my life and in the 1st several years of my marriage, but I'm 63 and never had no trouble with my blood sugar as of yet.

• Members

Oh, vegan diet, no thank you, I would hate the vegan diet, give me good old greasy southern home cooking, and all my meats fried. Very few meats that I will eat if its baked or boiled..

I suppose growing up I drank way to many cokes, ate to much candy early on in my life and in the 1st several years of my marriage, but I'm 63 and never had no trouble with my blood sugar as of yet.

:thumb:

• 7 months later...
  • Members

4 years ago, for a birthday celebration, we went to Warwick Castle. I was then on the NHS/Diabetes UK diet. I could not then consider the walk round the battlements involving over 500 stairs. I sat on the seat & looked after 2 baby girls in their push chairs.

Yesterday, after 3 years of low carb, I had no problem, though I did slow down when climbing the stairs to the keep. We went on to tour inside the buildings. After 4 hours my BG was 5.2 (94.)

My wife & one of the Mums looked after 2 baby boys while we toured the walls.

I admit I was tired afterwards, & slept in the car while my son was driving home.

(One of the birthdays celebrated was my 72nd next month.)

Edited by Covenanter

• Members

4 years ago, for a birthday celebration, we went to Warwick Castle. I was then on the NHS/Diabetes UK diet. I could not then consider the walk round the battlements involving over 500 stairs. I sat on the seat & looked after 2 baby girls in their push chairs.

Yesterday, after 3 years of low carb, I had no problem, though I did slow down when climbing the stairs to the keep. We went on to tour inside the buildings. After 4 hours my BG was 5.2 (94.)

I admit I was tired afterwards, & slept in the car while my son was driving home.

That's a great testimony! My Dad's 72nd birthday is coming up in July.

• Members

Props to you. The 40 year old woman that works with my wife Linda, continues to do all those things that makes her diabetes worse.

• Members
The 40 year old woman that works with my wife Linda, continues to do all those things that makes her diabetes worse.

At a church lunch today, another diabetic man - overweight, with a paunch, ate the cottage pie (potato), sponge pudding, drank apple juice, & put sugar in his tea. He's had a pacemaker fitted ... & has no interest in such health warnings.

Another, much younger man, also diabetic, whose diabetic parents in India took it very seriously & grew their own herbs, etc, came off insulin, eats normally - "you have to die of something..."

My aim is to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

• Members

At a church lunch today, another diabetic man - overweight, with a paunch, ate the cottage pie (potato), sponge pudding, drank apple juice, & put sugar in his tea. He's had a pacemaker fitted ... & has no interest in such health warnings.

Another, much younger man, also diabetic, whose diabetic parents in India took it very seriously & grew their own herbs, etc, came off insulin, eats normally - "you have to die of something..."

:thumb: :amen:

• Members

I know I can't take anything with me, but if i could, I would at least want to able to carry my own luggage. I believe God expects us to care for ourselves and not to temp Him. Along the health lines, it is like not wearing a seat belt, "because "If God wants to take me it is His decision. He will protect me if He wants." Even thought there is truth in that, I don't believe He wants us to tempt Him. He has provided ways for us to protect ourselves, and I believe He wants us to use them, Whether it is medical testing equipment or something as simple as putting on a seat belt.

If we look at many of todays "ailments," how many of them are because of self indulgence?

• Members

I agree, but at the rate its going by the time my body gets to the grave its going to be well used up and not in very good condition.