• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A really bad witness

• Members

Found this on Neal Boortz. Boortz is a Conservative/libertarian but also an atheist. While he's polite about religion, he's also blunt about it, too. You can imagine what impression this video leaves on an atheist, which is why mediocrity is such a bad thing when it comes to Christian service.
[tube]gg7uGL6Ku20[/tube]

• Members

Not only are they tone deaf and have terrible voices; they both look like they are in pain............shouldn't there be joy radiating from them when singing about Christ.

And I'll bet they think they are doing God a "service."

Perhaps this is the antithesis of CCM.................

• Members

I see nothing wrong with their singing. They may not seem all "excited" as you want them to be, but they seem pretty calm. People always want people to response to certain ways and I think it is not right to judge people that way. Like how they response to someone's death, or how they receive Christ, etc. It's between that person and the Lord.

Being tone deaf is no excuse for not singing for the Lord. I can be the world worst singer but I still sing for him even though I feel self conscious about my singing around other people (you won't find me singing "spiritually" happy result of this. It would take alot of courage for me to sing front of people. ). But we all know one day we will have a beautiful singing voice.

• Members

It reminds me of a small country church where I heard the local "favorite" sing a gospel song and thought these folks need to screen their singers.

I don't know the history of why that country church had the individual or why these two agreed to sing but, it maybe from something miraculous in the past. I'll say this...if the music or song is God honoring...I can give some slack.

• Members

[quote="deafnva77"]I see nothing wrong with their singing. They may not seem all "excited" as you want them to be, but they seem pretty calm. People always want people to response to certain ways and I think it is not right to judge people that way. Like how they response to someone's death, or how they receive Christ, etc. It's between that person and the Lord. [/quote]

If you want to sing like that in church, that's one thing, but to video tape it and put it on the internet is pure foolishness.

[quote="deafnva77"]Being tone deaf is no excuse for not singing for the Lord. I can be the world worst singer but I still sing for him even though I feel self conscious about my singing around other people (you won't find me singing "spiritually" happy result of this. It would take alot of courage for me to sing front of people. ). But we all know one day we will have a beautiful singing voice.[/quote]
Agreed, but the venue still needs to be in the church (among Christians) and not on the internet giving a bad witness. Even then if your heart is in the right place, in tune or not, you won't look like you just came from your mother's funeral, you'll express joy.

• Members

I truly doubt they sang it to scare people away from christianity, (beside just about half of the people who sing horrible don't realize it).

Maybe they did had some tragedy happened to them? I don't really care about the video or singing anyway. Can we stop talking about other christians expression of faith rather it is on the internet or tv? If you want to talk about bad witness, lets discuss about the Phelps. Not someone's ability to sing or act right in front of tv.

• Members

There are a million ways to be a bad witness. Yes, the song is bad and boring as all get out, but it's not the worst thing in the world. If an atheist wants a reason not to believe in Christ, he can find plenty of reasons by looking around at Christians. But doing that is a cop out and doesn't get to the heart of the issue - dealing with the God of the universe. There are boring christians and boring atheists and everything in-between.

• Members

I'm curious about what the lady was looking at on the right the entire time. lol
It looks like this is years old. At least, I hope it is based on the way they look and the videography. :lol lol
I think the irony is interesting. "And especially a HAPPY Christmas." They don't exactly make me feel happy. :frog