Online Baptist Community

Women SS Teachers ??

Rate this topic

Bro K

• Advanced Member

Agreed bro Jerry

Everyone knew that Tony Blair would become a catholic when he retired from being PM. When someone asked whey G W Bush always ended his speaches with "God Bless You" and why didn't Blair. his spin doctor, Alistair Campbell answered "We don't do God."

Blair was accepted into Rome although his policies all went against the teachings of Rome.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Agreed bro Jerry

Everyone knew that Tony Blair would become a catholic when he retired from being PM. When someone asked whey G W Bush always ended his speaches with "God Bless You" and why didn't Blair. his spin doctor, Alistair Campbell answered "We don't do God."

Blair was accepted into Rome although his policies all went against the teachings of Rome.

No doubt, they knew Tony would be a big draw and prOBably gain them many members, excuse me, $$$,$$$,$$$.$$.

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 7/9/2010 at 2:07 PM, HappyChristian said:

In fact, 2 Timothy calls those women "silly."

Reminds me of a reference maybe 30 years ago or so,  that "silly women" or "women" also referred to men at the time written - not men of faith , no, but men effeminate or weak-minded,  wrong spirit,  with no substance nor portion in Christ.  Perhaps the womanly men were or passed as teachers or preachers at the time also,  deluding and deceiving many, being carried about by winds of doctrine not at all true nor faithful nor right but pretending to be and too often accepted by others in assemblies or by individuals with or without telling their husbands or elders or deacons in the assembly that they were listening to or paying attention to perverted doctrines ,  having their ears tickled, their emotions leading them astray easily,  perhaps (unknown) their own assembly not providing teaching to resist nor to expose the wolves and false teachings and harmful practices.

Other items in this thread are potential great topics today for this thread continued or for a new thread,  God Willing.

One question I had - I was searching this forum for "teaching women" to see if anyone is teaching women anywhere, in churches, schools,  classes, homes or wherever. 

Teaching according to Scripture KJV,  not according to the world nor any of the multitude of false directions.

It came up a few minutes ago when I saw a reference to a school in UK that trains women to be good wives.    

Is anyone anywhere Biblically sound training young women to be good and faithful wives, 

and then also anywhere training men, young men or old,  to be disciples properly and Scripturally ?  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at our Bible class my wife reads Scripture verses and makes suggestions; and it's actively encouraged; and we don't see this as incompatible with the NT.

She used to teach as her secular employment; this is a separate context, of course.

Edited by farouk