• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Women SS Teachers ??

• Administrators

I've been told that many of the false teachings, churches, that a woman was behind it, those who said this, stated its easier to deceive a woman with false doctrine than a man, for they go by emotion, not Bible truths.

Notice, I said I've been told, this is not my statement, but I do believe the woman is easier to deceive for her emotion has so much affect on her more so that emotions affect most men. The Bible seems to back this up.

1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Mary Baker Eddy - Christian Science
Elizabeth White - 7th Day Adventist

I can't think of any others, but there are prOBably some! I know Mormonism was started by a man, Catholicism by a man, the Charismatic movement by a man - and the Charismatic movement definitely has women in usurping roles!!!

I agree with you, Jerry8, and I believe the Bible does too, that it's easier to deceive a woman. In fact, 2 Timothy calls those women "silly." The deceivers creep into their homes - so, this could be anything: tv, internet, wrong friends, sinful preachers, etc. But the women are taken captive because they are silly. They don't have discernment - and that is because they have not allowed God to lead them. Their hubbies could be at fault, too, for allowing deceivers in the home, for not making sure the wife is what she should be spiritually, etc.

The fact remains, there are women out there who are easy prey. And all women could be - if they do not stay in the Word and in prayer...and in subjection to their own husbands! Protection extraodinaire for women.

• Members

The Bible says that the older women are supposed to teach the younger women and what better place to meet and do that than at church?. Our church has a women's SS class which is taught by one of the older women. But women don't teach men at our church.

1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. 9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sOBriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

But is it OK for a woman to teach men or "usurp authority" as long as it's not in the churchhouse? Why would it mean to dress, act, and do one way at church and another way everywhere else? It's telling men are to pray everywhere.(pray without ceasing, the Bible says) Women are also to dress modest everywhere...not just at church. If it's wrong to dress a certain way at church, it's wrong outside the church. Even so, if it's wrong to teach men or "usurp authority" over men in the churchouse it's wrong everywhere else.

• Members
But is it OK for a woman to teach men or "usurp authority" as long as it's not in the churchhouse? Why would it mean to dress, act, and do one way at church and another way everywhere else? It's telling men are to pray everywhere.(pray without ceasing, the Bible says) Women are also to dress modest everywhere...not just at church. If it's wrong to dress a certain way at church, it's wrong outside the church. Even so, if it's wrong to teach men or "usurp authority" over men in the churchouse it's wrong everywhere else.

Amen! I believe that we as Christians have become very hypocritical in our walks in such things as these and in many other areas.

I realize that what I am about to say is kinda off topic, but I believe it to be something important that we rarely OBserve in our lives. What we do outside of the church building is just as important as what we do in the church building. I have met many people who seem to think that if they lie while physicaly in the church building, or as they put it "at church," that God sees it as an extra hefty sin and might even strike them down for it with lightning or in some other magnificent way! As far as I am aware, all sin is equal in God's sight. Whether you sin in the church building or outside of it, it is still a grave slight to our Lord and Savior.

This extends to how we behave ourselves. We should carry ourselves with a grave mind, humble spirit, and desire to serve our Lord whether we are in church or outside of it. Anything less is hypocrisy!

Let it be clear that I am not saying that it is wrong to have a special reverence for the "Lord's house." When believers assemble together, whether in doors or outside, to learn more of their saviour and worship Him we should come with extra reverence. We should be humbled that the God of the universe, our Maker and Creator, would care enough and even dare to love such creatures as ourselves. That realization should put a healthy fear in us and we should worship (fall flat on our face) Him. What I am saying is that when we play the part of being a good Christian at church, but letting some things slide when outside of church there is a foundational prOBlem that is puting the whole temple at risk of collapsing.

Again, I realize this isn't what this thread was about, but I feel that this is overlooked by many. I pray that I made myself understood. Feel free to question me on what I have said above if I wasn't.

Thank you,
God Bless!

• Members

Amen! I believe that we as Christians have become very hypocritical in our walks in such things as these and in many other areas.

I realize that what I am about to say is kinda off topic, but I believe it to be something important that we rarely OBserve in our lives. What we do outside of the church building is just as important as what we do in the church building. I have met many people who seem to think that if they lie while physicaly in the church building, or as they put it "at church," that God sees it as an extra hefty sin and might even strike them down for it with lightning or in some other magnificent way! As far as I am aware, all sin is equal in God's sight. Whether you sin in the church building or outside of it, it is still a grave slight to our Lord and Savior.

This extends to how we behave ourselves. We should carry ourselves with a grave mind, humble spirit, and desire to serve our Lord whether we are in church or outside of it. Anything less is hypocrisy!

Let it be clear that I am not saying that it is wrong to have a special reverence for the "Lord's house." When believers assemble together, whether in doors or outside, to learn more of their saviour and worship Him we should come with extra reverence. We should be humbled that the God of the universe, our Maker and Creator, would care enough and even dare to love such creatures as ourselves. That realization should put a healthy fear in us and we should worship (fall flat on our face) Him. What I am saying is that when we play the part of being a good Christian at church, but letting some things slide when outside of church there is a foundational prOBlem that is puting the whole temple at risk of collapsing.

Again, I realize this isn't what this thread was about, but I feel that this is overlooked by many. I pray that I made myself understood. Feel free to question me on what I have said above if I wasn't.

Thank you,
God Bless!

No doubt the church house is a place set apart for Jesus' brother's and sister's to worship Him and the Father. I feel it is a scared place. But your right, there be many who take their Christian sleeve off as they exit this building, behaving one way within their home and their home church, them another way in the world.

I heard it said about the late Congressman Kennedy. That he is a very religious person, but he did not wear his Christian sleeve in the public.

There is one word that describes a person who does such things, they're a hypocrite.

Although I had a church of Christ friend, he believer that the Bible was for church and home, that its teaching should be left in the church and the home, and not held to when one is in the world, actually that contradicts the teaching we have in the Bible.

• Members

Agreed bro Jerry

Everyone knew that Tony Blair would become a catholic when he retired from being PM. When someone asked whey G W Bush always ended his speaches with "God Bless You" and why didn't Blair. his spin doctor, Alistair Campbell answered "We don't do God."

Blair was accepted into Rome although his policies all went against the teachings of Rome.

• Members

Agreed bro Jerry

Everyone knew that Tony Blair would become a catholic when he retired from being PM. When someone asked whey G W Bush always ended his speaches with "God Bless You" and why didn't Blair. his spin doctor, Alistair Campbell answered "We don't do God."

Blair was accepted into Rome although his policies all went against the teachings of Rome.

No doubt, they knew Tony would be a big draw and prOBably gain them many members, excuse me, $$$,$$$,$$$.$$.

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 7/9/2010 at 2:07 PM, HappyChristian said:

In fact, 2 Timothy calls those women "silly."

Reminds me of a reference maybe 30 years ago or so,  that "silly women" or "women" also referred to men at the time written - not men of faith , no, but men effeminate or weak-minded,  wrong spirit,  with no substance nor portion in Christ.  Perhaps the womanly men were or passed as teachers or preachers at the time also,  deluding and deceiving many, being carried about by winds of doctrine not at all true nor faithful nor right but pretending to be and too often accepted by others in assemblies or by individuals with or without telling their husbands or elders or deacons in the assembly that they were listening to or paying attention to perverted doctrines ,  having their ears tickled, their emotions leading them astray easily,  perhaps (unknown) their own assembly not providing teaching to resist nor to expose the wolves and false teachings and harmful practices.

Other items in this thread are potential great topics today for this thread continued or for a new thread,  God Willing.

One question I had - I was searching this forum for "teaching women" to see if anyone is teaching women anywhere, in churches, schools,  classes, homes or wherever. 

Teaching according to Scripture KJV,  not according to the world nor any of the multitude of false directions.

It came up a few minutes ago when I saw a reference to a school in UK that trains women to be good wives.    

Is anyone anywhere Biblically sound training young women to be good and faithful wives, 

and then also anywhere training men, young men or old,  to be disciples properly and Scripturally ?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, at our Bible class my wife reads Scripture verses and makes suggestions; and it's actively encouraged; and we don't see this as incompatible with the NT.

She used to teach as her secular employment; this is a separate context, of course.

Edited by farouk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Farouk, God’s Word says this:

1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
You or your church may not have a problem with women teaching men - but God does. A woman can teach a children’s Sunday school class, perhaps even a teen class with boys and girls - but the Bible itself teaches women are not to teach men (obviously in a spiritual context). Funny how some people think they can teach the Bible when they themselves are forbidden from doing so in that context. If they rebel against the Word of God, how are they in fact teaching the Word of God?

16 hours ago, Jerry said:

Farouk, God’s Word says this:

1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
You or your church may not have a problem with women teaching men - but God does. A woman can teach a children’s Sunday school class, perhaps even a teen class with boys and girls - but the Bible itself teaches women are not to teach men (obviously in a spiritual context). Funny how some people think they can teach the Bible when they themselves are forbidden from doing so in that context. If they rebel against the Word of God, how are they in fact teaching the Word of God?

Jerry, should a mother be allowed to teach her child?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So, don't speak for him. Let  him answer.  Thanks. 

Are you actually reading when people comment? He did answer ?

I didn't answer for him, I actually read what he typed that you could have read for yourself. If you take the time to read his post you will see that you asked a question that he already gave the answer to. 

It's like me saying....The sky is blue, and then your next comment is asking me what color I think the sky is.

It's all cool bro

• Members

Actually Jerry doesn’t answer that directly… I think you are at the point you just try to argue with Bill, for no reason or any reason. 

Anyways the answer to that question is obviously yes. A stupid question indeed, especially looking at Jerry’s stance on Sunday school children’s classes.