• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Football?

• Members

Ok, so I've been begging my dad to let me join a martial arts class. He said I could but, only if I could keep up my grades(ACK) and if I joined the football team this up and comming year. I'm not a huge fan of football but, I really want to take this class. SO, I just wanted to know if there were anything tips or heads up about this sport. I really want to do good because if I don't then these crazy people will hate me even more X / and I wont be able to take the martial arts class. So, any advice?

• Administrators

Ok, so I've been begging my dad to let me join a martial arts class. He said I could but, only if I could keep up my grades(ACK) and if I joined the football team this up and comming year. I'm not a huge fan of football but, I really want to take this class. SO, I just wanted to know if there were anything tips or heads up about this sport. I really want to do good because if I don't then these crazy people will hate me even more X / and I wont be able to take the martial arts class. So, any advice?

Yea, run faster than the guy chasing you. :)

• Members

BIG TIP: Try out for the place kicker or the field goal kicker!

• Members

Football is not for every boy, but most of those who play football loves it. My grandson 1st cousin, they're the same age, 10th grade this years, who attended a rural school that has no football team has transfered to my grandsons school so that he can play football.

The 1st few practices were much tougher than the thought they would be, he nearly quit, but he hung in and I understand he is liking it much better now.

• Members

football ain't for wimps, maybe your dad wants to see what your made of. It is hard, with lots of exercise and strenuous training--the same with martial arts. It is hard to "stick with it". If you do stick, then you will prOBably do well in the martial arts also, but be careful of them, they get into mysticism, which I believe you are already prone to.

• Members

I suppose. I've seen them practice and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do it but, then again, I wouldn't know if I've never tried it before. I'm guessing the bigger you are the more you have to lift I guess is a way of saying it? I'm asking because I see all the big guys tackling each other while the smaller guys just sprint a bunch.

Also, yes, mysticism is a big part of my beliefs. What would people in a martial arts class do that was part of mysticism though? As far as I know, everyone in there is Christian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

BIG TIP: Try out for the place kicker or the field goal kicker!

EVEN BIGGER TIP: Try out for backup Quarterback because everyone loves the backup and all you have to do is look good holding a clipboard. Alternatively, long snapper is prOBably the next easiest position to play, but if you play in New England you need to be able to make a somewhat decent snow angel when your team scores the winning field goal! :lol: Edited by Ron

• Members

Don't try out for water boy, he is called on in critical moments when there's some very thirsty football players, and he has to do lots of running with that heavy water bucket.

The back up quarterback, gets called on in some critical moments too. For you never know when he might get hurt, them find yourself in the game, standing in the back field holding the ball, while seeing all those big defensive linemen coming at you as if they're about to knock your head off while not knowing what to do with the ball in a panic situation like that, wanting to do you as they just did to the 1st string and 2nd string quarterbacks.

The thing I remember about my 1st few football practices, I had sore spots in spots I had never know I ever had. Plus back in that day with the shoes we used nearly everyone had blisters on their heels. I remember our coach working on those blisters, spraying something called tough skin on them, it did help. But still with those blisters it was hard to move fast. And yes, we had real cleats, they were really good for stepping on your opponent, the only things was they had real cleats too.

• 3 weeks later...