• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Most Embarrassing Moment?

• Members

Ok, so we've all tried to cook something in our lives. Some of us did a good jOB, some of us....not so good : P

Anyways, what is your most embarrassing moment in the kitchen?

Mine was when I was baby sitting and I was making lunch for my sisters. I was microwaving hotdogs and blending some stuff in a blender. At the same time, the hotdogs AND the blender blew up and made the most horrible mess ever X /.

Ok, your turn.

• Administrators

Oh, I bet that was fun to clean up! :icon_mrgreen:

I worked at a camp for a few years. Did a lot of everything, but was the main cook as well. I wanted to make bread, so I set to it. There were lots of hungry preacher boys who would have loved fresh bread...but something went wrong with the yeast. The bread didn't rise, so the loaves actually looked like miniature bread loaves. I was so embarrassed...but they ate it all up.

Another time, I was fixing spaghetti sauce. I had the tomato sauce on the stove, cooking away. After dicing the peppers and onions to put in there, I added them. A couple of the preacher boys were helping me in the kitchen that day. One had turned up the flame, and I didn't know it. I put the veggies in, began to stir it up, and a great big bubble of hot tomato blurped out: three spots on my arm, and one right by my eye...I have scars from them, but not too noticeable. The embarrassing thing was all the attention I got. The camp was run by an evangelist who trained preacher boys...and he went all over the country telling about it...

• Members

When we had visitors at our church and we invited them back to lunch and I had not set the oven timer correctly.
We once had a Jewish Christian explain the Passaver and said the Jews always set a place for Elijah, who thney believed was to come, so we always tried to make enough for Elijah, or at least any visitors that may come to our church.

• Members

I've always loved cooking and always have done a great jOB...but when I was dating my hub he came to my house one year over Christmas break in college. I thought I'd do some baking so I made a cheesecake that always turned out perfect and was raved about. (At that time it was a microwave recipe in a microwave without a turntable...always turned out great!) Well that particular time the crust came out rock hard...I mean ROCK HARD. This was the same recipe that everyone in my church knew was awesome but it so happened that it failed miserably that ONE time...and my hub to this day makes fun of that rock hard crust. (Even though now he would never make fun of my cheesecakes because they are awesome...haha..if I don't say so myself...good recipe, its not really me though.)

On the same trip I decided to try out a recipe in a cookbook for "twinkies". Wow. THAT was a disaster. And to this day my husband will always go back to "Twinkies" when he gets in the mood to make fun of me. haha.