• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How faithful are you to church?

30 members have voted

1. 1. How faithful are you to church?

• I attend every time the doors are open, no matter what.
    • I attend Sun am/pm/midweek but no extras
    • Sunday am/pm but not midweek
    • Sunday am only
    • Sporadic, because of work
    • Sporadic, because I don't think its really that important
    • I don't attend church at all

• Members

I work nights and have every other Friday, Saturday, Sunday off.

So, on the Sundays I have to work we attend as a family in the AM and the wife and kids go at night. The following Wednesday we can't because I have to work.

But, the weekend I have off we go to teen soul winning on Sat. AM, Sun. AM/PM and Wed. PM and Thu. evening visitation.

Plus if there are any working parties and what have you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Br MMD

Romans 6.23

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm pretty sure that is the original question of this thread. I'd also like to hear the inverse asked.

Your right, sorry, my bad for sure. But this is where my thought was.

I know of some, they talk so bad about their church and pastor, how sorry they all are, for not visiting them when they got sick, yet one who was saying this readily admitted he had not been to church in more than 10 years.

Had a friend once, she spoke of blessing a woman out at church, she thanked her for visiting with them on a Sunday morning. Of course she went on to say I had not been to church in more than 6 months, but I dare someone who has been a member for 3 months to thank me for visiting, I refuse to take it.

One thing I've noticed, most complainers are those who seldom attend, they're usually the hit and miss people, maybe even a never show. they seem to be the local churches worse enemy at times, spreading their vicious talk all across the community.

• Members

I attend as much as I possibly can. Sometimes I am too sick to listen to the message or I don't want to make others sick so I stay home and try to spend time with the Lord privately. Sometimes the car breaks down (like tonight :( ) so that I can't make it, but otherwise I am there.

• Members

I'm not accusing anyone here of this. But I do know about that Sunday morning sickness that comes on many just after getting up Sunday morning. That sickness that seems to leave when it get over to about 12 noon. Yet for some reason if comes back prior to time for evening church services. Some get this sickness nearly every Sunday.

I want even mention those who attend church services only when there is not something more important that's taking place that cannot be missed, like the ball game, fishing trip, playing golf, going to the lake for a picnic, and so on.

Oh, one person sure did impress me, they told me anytime they have to be out of town, and or on vacation, they always look up a good church to attend church services on Sunday morning. Their words were, Jesus is important to our family. If I lay out of church on Sunday's that will teach my children to lay out of church for lesser things when they get grown and leave home. Words of wisdom.