• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Names of God

• Members

I want to research on the names of God because 2 groups contradicted each other in regard of using the names of God. I need your help because I need to explain more to someone about that. Do you know the names of God? Let me give you an example:

Yahushua
Iesous
YHVH
JHVH
YHWH

These groups argued over YHWH vs JHVH. Are you aware of RKJV? Did you see the names of God changed in it? If you think someone uses Yahushua against Jesus Christ, is it wrong or not? Also, if use Yahushua during preaching or teaching? I wonder why they use the Messianic name into teaching and preaching, instead of the name of Jesus? Is the use of the name Yahushua dangerous? I notice there is a Y, but what about J? What about the name Jehovah? Why does Hebrew not have J? It uses Y. I'm puzzled, and try to research, but I can't find J. I've heard J came up about 500 years ago, but I'm not sure if there is a J in another foreign language. I don't know. Can you give more information that I'm looking for? Thank you for your help.

Edited by AVDeaf

• Members

I want to research on the names of God because 2 groups contradicted each other in regard of using the names of God. I need your help because I need to explain more to someone about that. Do you know the names of God? Let me give you an example:

Yahushua
Iesous
YHVH
JHVH
YHWH

These groups argued over YHWH vs JHVH. Are you aware of RKJV? Did you see the names of God changed in it? If you think someone uses Yahushua against Jesus Christ, is it wrong or not? Also, if use Yahushua during preaching or teaching? I wonder why they use the Messianic name into teaching and preaching, instead of the name of Jesus? Is the use of the name Yahushua dangerous? I notice there is a Y, but what about J? What about the name Jehovah? Why does Hebrew not have J? It uses Y. I'm puzzled, and try to research, but I can't find J. I've heard J came up about 500 years ago, but I'm not sure if there is a J in another foreign language. I don't know. Can you give more information that I'm looking for? Thank you for your help.

There is an interesting article on the "Sacred Name Movement" on the Let Us Reason site. I don't believe they are a King James site, but they have lots of information on alot of cults and false teachings, etc. Here is the link for the Sacred Name Movement (it's in 4 parts):

The Sacred Name Movement

Hope that helps! Edited by LindaR

• Members

There is an interesting article on the "Sacred Name Movement" on the Let Us Reason site. I don't believe they are a King James site, but they have lots of information on alot of cults and false teachings, etc. Here is the link for the Sacred Name Movement (it's in 4 parts):

The Sacred Name Movement

Hope that helps!

Thank you for this link. I will check it later.

• Members

I am curious to ask you question : Can we use the Messianic name today?

Many who belong to the "Messianic/Hebrew Roots" groups use Yeshua. When I was a Messianic and belonged to a Messianic congregation, we were told that we HAD to use Jesus' Hebrew name "Yeshua" and not Jesus. It used to drive me crazy because I also attended a Baptist church and I used the name of Jesus Christ. It can get confusing and it also becomes almost "cultic". I only use the name of Jesus Christ now...I am no long involved in the Messianic/Hebrew Roots movement.

Why would you want to use the Messianic name "Yeshua"? Were you told that this was the only correct way to say His name? Edited by LindaR