• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I went undercover on DADT

Guest "I am chief"

• Members

Thank you all for responding in a Christlike manner to my son's post. Sorry, but I was logged on and he was using my name. I am going to share your responses with him. He lacks maturity in the faith yet. Please pray for him. His struggles have been real and there is a lot of anger there. However, I too praise God for answering my prayers on my son's behalf. There's an awful lot of good there. And it's all due to the goodness and grace of God. Pray for me, too. I have a lot to deal with and sometimes just don't know how to do it. He's got a lot of worldly "Christians" affecting his life.

You will both be in my prayers this week. God bless you both.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

If I understand the "Oh ick" properly, it may have referred to point one above, about Jesus dying on the cross "looking hot." That is blasphemous.

Hi guys! (I am using my parent's account btw)

I am what's known as an ex-gay (praise Jesus!). But I was very concerned with the way you are talking about them, it is unfeeling and wrong! I am ashamed to call you brothers (sisters). I understand just how mean and somewhat annoying homosexuals can be, but that is no reason to "lose it" with them. if you are unable to debate or present the wonderful gift of truth to these people who desperately need it w/o flaring up or misspeaking, you have no business representing the body of Christ. These people are simply lacking the wonderful love and affirmation of our Father, they deserve our prayers and love... "Oh, ick!" doesn't seem to be the mindset of someone who is willing to provide that. I realize that my call to these broken people is not the same call to everyone else, but I hope that what I've said will cause you to think again about what you say to and about them. Thank you and God Bless :)

-Andrew