• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I went undercover on DADT

Guest "I am chief"

OK, I admit it. I've been a little out of touch.

I joined two message boards "supposed to be primarily military." The goal was to see what
military men were saying about the possible repeal of DADT.

I found that homosexuals have joined these boards and attempt to shout down anyone who
is against the repeal. There are about 4-5 of them on each of the sites I joined who are
very vocal and demeaning of any who challenge their homosexual agenda. They stick together
with a verbal onslaught of the terms as follows: homophobe, hiding latent tendency, bigot,
intolerant, judgemental, etc. When confronted with the truth, that its just sin and can be
forgiven they become highly insulting. Yes, I lost it a couple of times but, I did get the
Gospel posted to them.

This sin is sweeping across the U.S. much faster than I had imagined. As mu8ch as I would
like to blame this administration, they are just unwitting minions of the "the prince of
the power of the air"

Its more evidence the Lord of Glory is coming one day soon. We need to be preaching Christ.

• Members

OK, I admit it. I've been a little out of touch.

I joined two message boards "supposed to be primarily military." The goal was to see what
military men were saying about the possible repeal of DADT.

I found that homosexuals have joined these boards and attempt to shout down anyone who
is against the repeal. There are about 4-5 of them on each of the sites I joined who are
very vocal and demeaning of any who challenge their homosexual agenda. They stick together
with a verbal onslaught of the terms as follows: homophobe, hiding latent tendency, bigot,
intolerant, judgemental, etc. When confronted with the truth, that its just sin and can be
forgiven they become highly insulting. Yes, I lost it a couple of times but, I did get the
Gospel posted to them.

This sin is sweeping across the U.S. much faster than I had imagined. As mu8ch as I would
like to blame this administration, they are just unwitting minions of the "the prince of
the power of the air"

Its more evidence the Lord of Glory is coming one day soon. We need to be preaching Christ.

Sounds like the liberals on either "the FFF," or "BaptistBoard," when confronted with the King James Bible! Same tactics, under a different umbrella!

• Members

I am also against DADT, I personally believe it should go back to the way it was when I was in the military in '78...............no homosexuals period, never mind DADT. Ask them if they are, if they admit it they don't qualify. If they don't admit it and later found to be practicing that life choice, then dishonorable discharge and disgrace. Period!

• Members

I am also against DADT, I personally believe it should go back to the way it was when I was in the military in '78...............no homosexuals period, never mind DADT. Ask them if they are, if they admit it they don't qualify. If they don't admit it and later found to be practicing that life choice, then dishonorable discharge and disgrace. Period!

AMEN!
BTW, I forgot to say it earlier, but, I'm glad you gave them the Gospel! Praise the LORD!!!
I pray the LORD works in the hearts of the folks who read it!

AMEN!
BTW, I forgot to say it earlier, but, I'm glad you gave them the Gospel! Praise the LORD!!!
I pray the LORD works in the hearts of the folks who read it!

Another surprise was the lack of response from the heterosexual side and Christians in the military.
I saw one other Christian speak out against repeal of DADT and he was considered a moron.
Some of their comments:
One
"Whenever I see Jesus up on that Cross I can't help but think that he looks kinda hot..."
From the song, Jesus Touched Me, by Faith + 1
A little ironic since Jesus would have looked more like Osama than a buff surfer.
Two
I have no problem with people's religious beliefs and if they boster or even are the ONLY reason for their opinions, I can live with that and even respect their opinion no matter how stupid I personally think they are. I can also buy the whole "I eat swine and lobster but homosexuals are an abomonation." I can buy all of that if that is what you believe. What I CANNOT buy is that these people honestly believe that their all powerfull all knowing God "forgot" to put what is apparently the BIGGEST sin in their religion into the 10 Commandments. Sure the 11 Commandments doesn't sound as cool but if it is the ONLY rule one has to folow to be acceptable, shouldn't it be in there?

What gets me is that Jesus never talks about homosexuals, Paul does, and even then that's debatable. Some argue that the larger point in what Paul wrote to the Romans was that Lust and prostitution are evil not romantic love between people of the same sex, David and Jonathan from the Book of Samual anyone? (the original translation of the old testament describes two different ways of "lying with a woman" one is rape the other is sex, original translators of this version used the two interchangeably one scholar whose name I forget hypothesized that Leviticus is condemning the rape of mankind while rape of womenkind is perfectly acceptable, something the bible is fond of reminding its selective readers).
Three
Paul does mention sodomites specifically in his Epistle to the Corinthians but most people forget that Ezekiel 16:49 defines the sins of Sodomites as "pride, gluttony, sloth, greed, and failure to help the poor." Not once are sodomites equated with homosexuality, that is until a pair of guys show up that are so attractive the men of Sodom lose themselves to lust over them, to the point that two virgin daughters (probably not even teenagers) don't distract them.

• Members

Another surprise was the lack of response from the heterosexual side and Christians in the military.
I saw one other Christian speak out against repeal of DADT and he was considered a moron.
Some of their comments:
One
"Whenever I see Jesus up on that Cross I can't help but think that he looks kinda hot..."
From the song, Jesus Touched Me, by Faith + 1
A little ironic since Jesus would have looked more like Osama than a buff surfer.
Two
I have no problem with people's religious beliefs and if they boster or even are the ONLY reason for their opinions, I can live with that and even respect their opinion no matter how stupid I personally think they are. I can also buy the whole "I eat swine and lobster but homosexuals are an abomonation." I can buy all of that if that is what you believe. What I CANNOT buy is that these people honestly believe that their all powerfull all knowing God "forgot" to put what is apparently the BIGGEST sin in their religion into the 10 Commandments. Sure the 11 Commandments doesn't sound as cool but if it is the ONLY rule one has to folow to be acceptable, shouldn't it be in there?

What gets me is that Jesus never talks about homosexuals, Paul does, and even then that's debatable. Some argue that the larger point in what Paul wrote to the Romans was that Lust and prostitution are evil not romantic love between people of the same sex, David and Jonathan from the Book of Samual anyone? (the original translation of the old testament describes two different ways of "lying with a woman" one is rape the other is sex, original translators of this version used the two interchangeably one scholar whose name I forget hypothesized that Leviticus is condemning the rape of mankind while rape of womenkind is perfectly acceptable, something the bible is fond of reminding its selective readers).
Three
Paul does mention sodomites specifically in his Epistle to the Corinthians but most people forget that Ezekiel 16:49 defines the sins of Sodomites as "pride, gluttony, sloth, greed, and failure to help the poor." Not once are sodomites equated with homosexuality, that is until a pair of guys show up that are so attractive the men of Sodom lose themselves to lust over them, to the point that two virgin daughters (probably not even teenagers) don't distract them.

How sick and sad.

• Members

Hi guys! (I am using my parent's account btw)

I am what's known as an ex-gay (praise Jesus!). But I was very concerned with the way you are talking about them, it is unfeeling and wrong! I am ashamed to call you brothers (sisters). I understand just how mean and somewhat annoying homosexuals can be, but that is no reason to "lose it" with them. if you are unable to debate or present the wonderful gift of truth to these people who desperately need it w/o flaring up or misspeaking, you have no business representing the body of Christ. These people are simply lacking the wonderful love and affirmation of our Father, they deserve our prayers and love... "Oh, ick!" doesn't seem to be the mindset of someone who is willing to provide that. I realize that my call to these broken people is not the same call to everyone else, but I hope that what I've said will cause you to think again about what you say to and about them. Thank you and God Bless :)

-Andrew

• Members

Dear nucreature,
I am not sure, but I got the impression the Ick was related to the slam on Jesus in the song from the post, not the people who are involved with the homosexual sins.

While it is true that some sins are more repulsive to some people than other sins might be, the fact is that we are each sinners saved by grace. I don't think anyone on this board would not love a sinner of any kind. I think the behavior is the issue. Nonetheless, I think the reactions were to the song about Jesus looking hot.

I am glad to hear that you have been delivered from living in that type of sinful manner. I'd be interested to hear your testimony if you were of a mind to share it.

• Members

I am what's known as an ex-gay (praise Jesus!). But I was very concerned with the way you are talking about them, it is unfeeling and wrong! I am ashamed to call you brothers (sisters). I understand just how mean and somewhat annoying homosexuals can be, but that is no reason to "lose it" with them. if you are unable to debate or present the wonderful gift of truth to these people who desperately need it w/o flaring up or misspeaking, you have no business representing the body of Christ. These people are simply lacking the wonderful love and affirmation of our Father, they deserve our prayers and love... "Oh, ick!" doesn't seem to be the mindset of someone who is willing to provide that. I realize that my call to these broken people is not the same call to everyone else, but I hope that what I've said will cause you to think again about what you say to and about them. Thank you and God Bless :)

-Andrew

Praise God, it's great to hear about other sinners being saved by grace. I do have an issue with your post though, you talk about flaring up or misspeaking and representing the body of Christ but automatically say you are ashamed to call us brothers and sisters because of an "oh, ick" comment that you might have taken out of context. Just seemed a little hypocritical. Take care.

• Members

Here are a couple links that can be shared with active duty military if you have the chance. I will note that these are easily accessible by searching on google but haven't been readily provided by our leadership in any fashion.

General Ham's Twitter (leading study on repeal of DADT implications)

Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff Blog

Something of note on General Ham's twitter page is this link

www.defense.gov/dadt

Which will allow service members (only active duty) to send in their opinion on the repeal of DADT. Of course, you must use your ID card so it is not anonymous which is suspect in my opinion. I have no issues with it personally because I don't care if they have my info with my opinion but others might have second thoughts going against the President, Secretary of Defense and Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff.

That link has barely been whispered through the ranks, I heard about it once in the Stars and Stripes newspaper.

• Administrators

Dear Andrew:
I am very glad that you have been delivered from this sin. I think it's wonderful to hear testimony of God's grace working in each and every person who has been saved from sin.

My "oh, ick" comment was in reference to the blasphemy that was contained in the conversations the OP posted. And I won't apologize for that. It would be "oh, ick" for any blasphemy from anyone, no matter their sexual orientation.

And, considering that you don't know me, nor really anything about me, you can't say what my mindset is about telling others about Christ, right? So, just be careful about jumping to conclusions, okay? Perhaps a better way would have been to ask if I was icking the person or the blasphemy...

• Administrators

Thank you all for responding in a Christlike manner to my son's post. Sorry, but I was logged on and he was using my name. I am going to share your responses with him. He lacks maturity in the faith yet. Please pray for him. His struggles have been real and there is a lot of anger there. However, I too praise God for answering my prayers on my son's behalf. There's an awful lot of good there. And it's all due to the goodness and grace of God. Pray for me, too. I have a lot to deal with and sometimes just don't know how to do it. He's got a lot of worldly "Christians" affecting his life.

Will be praying, nucreature. It truly is a testimony to God's goodness!

-Andrew

Andrew (Andy?),
You are 100% correct about me losing it, we are supposed to have our mouth (keystrokes) under subjection. I asked God to forgive me and went back several times to present the Gospel and Bible scriptures. Yes, I'll have to be much more under control, especially knowing I have the truth which as you testify, can set them free. Thanks, we all need rebuked from time to time and God sent you to perform the task. I exhort you therefore to remain steadfast in the faith that has been delivered to you. Read God's word and talk to Him daily. Praise God, we can testify we have been used of God to help a brother. Have you been praying for God to reveal himself to you?

Dave