• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Y'all heard of these?

• Members

Last night, I found the website of the Taylorsville Baptist Camp Meeting (http://www.taylorsvillebcm.org) and found the schedule a little interesting, especially from one name i saw! I'll post the complete schedule and what I know about each name mentioned. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the meeting, due to it being run by SBC's and from what I've seen, more for show and shout, than word and walk, if you know what I mean, nevertheless, here it is. I'm curious about one of these names, which I'll have more to say about, in a minute.

Schedule for 2010 Taylorsville Baptist Camp Meeting

Sunday June 20th at 2:30PM
June 21st- July 2nd Morning starts at 10:30AM and Night starts at 7:30PM

Preachers
Jerry Stines.........................................................June 20 afternoon (local pastor, Solid Rock Baptist Church, Granite Falls
Tom Gilliam.………………………………………………………….........June 21-25 am (evangelist, Winterville, GA)
Brent Dula.....................................................................June 21 p m
Mike Holcomb………………………………………………………..........June 21-22 am (bass singer with The Inspirations Quartet/evangelist)
Jeremy Bumgarner.........................................................June 22 pm
Joe Arthur……………………………………………………………..........June 21-23 pm (pastor/evangelist, although, IMHO, mostly the latter, Jonesboro, GA)
Craig Edwards……………………………………………………….........June 23-25 pm (pastor Maybery Baptist Church, Mt Airy, NC, not sure on the spelling)
Dale Milstead.................................................................June 24 pm
Eddie Jolly.....................................................................June 25 pm

Don Savell………………………………………………………..........June 28-July 2 am
Mike Bagwell…………………………………………………….........June 28-July 2 pm (evangelist, Coming, GA)
JC House……………………………………………………………............June 28-30 am(heard of him and that's all)
Marcus Benfield..............................................................June 28 pm (local pastor, can't remember where)
Bill Smith.......................................................................June 29 pm
Phil Chapman.................................................................June 30 pm
Allen Fox...........................................................................July 1 pm(?)
Chris Benfield....................................................................July 2 pm
Singers

Ricky Atkinson and Compassion..............................June 20 afternoon (Sylvester, GA)
Tri-State Baptist Children’s Home…………………………….......June 21-22am (Bristol, TN, where Fred Potter used to pastor, Brookside Baptist Church)
Penny Andrews...........................................................June 21-24am (Aunt Peny, as we who hung around WPET, used to call her)
Hayes Family…………………………………………………………..............June 23 pm (Boone, NC)
Archie Watkins.................................................................June 24pm (former tenor singer with The Inspirations Quartet)
John Edminston.................................................June 21-25 am & pm
The McDaris Family.....................................................June 21-25 am (heard of them, but don't know much, come from a long line)
Carl Partain Family………………………………………….......June 25-28 am & pm (sung and preached for us, I think from Cedartown, GA)
The Price Trio..................................................................June 28 pm (Columbus, NC)
The Perry’s…………………………………………………........................June 29 pm (Moristown, TN)
The Forest City Boys..........................................................July 1 pm (Forest City, NC)
Joyful Sound.....................................................................July 2 pm (if who I think it is, Culfax, NC, not sure on the spelling)
You can prOBably guess which one I'm curious about! Yeah, it's the one with the "?" next to it! There used to be an Allen Fox, who was a missionary to northern Ireland and I'm wondering if that's him! The only information I can find is that "this" Allen Fox, is the pastor of (believe it or not,) Ichabod Baptist Church, of Taylorsville, NC! No kiddin'! Is this the same guy? Has the missionary Allen Fox come off the field and taken Ichabod Baptist Church, of Taylorsville, NC? Boy, what a name! If anyone knows, please post! For that matter, if you know anything about the whereabouts of the others, please do the same! Sorry this post has been so long, but I (or rather, the schedule,) had a lot to say!
Any info would be most helpful!
Thanks!

• Members

Not knowing if this is the right gentleman, perhaps you could look at the tiny pic next to his name at sermonaudio.
Here's a link. Hope it helps you!Allen Fox Sermon Audio

Sorry, I've never seen him, so I wouldn't know what he looks like. Sermonaudio, is where I found the information, about Ichabod Baptist Church!
Thanks for the info.

• Members

I love the Perry's music. "Golden Shore" is a beautiful song.

Back when I worked in radio, they were one group of whom you didn't have to check their music! You knew it'd be just fine to just slap it in the cd player and ware it out!
Great stuff!!!
Of course, even all these years, they've been that way; always setting the standard!

• Members

Not knowing if this is the right gentleman, perhaps you could look at the tiny pic next to his name at sermonaudio.
Here's a link. Hope it helps you!Allen Fox Sermon Audio

Sorry. I misunderstood. Thought you were looking for a friend with whom you'd lost contact! :coolsmiley:

I have the sheet music (do we still call it that )for the Holy Shore song, but have yet to play it. Now, I'll have to go check it out!

• Members

Sorry. I misunderstood. Thought you were looking for a friend with whom you'd lost contact! :coolsmiley:

I have the sheet music (do we still call it that )for the Holy Shore song, but have yet to play it. Now, I'll have to go check it out!

Well, I guess you could sort of say, I am! Can't say he's a personal friend of mine, but I've met him and heard him preach, on more than one occasion. BTW, even though I've met him, couldn't tell you what he looks like. Lets just say, my vision is just a tad fuzzy! I was really impressed, by a message I heard on tape from him, preached at Pleasant View Baptist Church, of Taylors, SC, from December 2000, entitled, I Want To Die On The Battlefield! I found a website with some blog entries from him, from northern Ireland, but I'm not sure if he's there, anymore. The Taylorsville mention of him, (or either someone with the same name, who pastors a Baptist churchwith the strangest name,) got me to thinking.
Still looking for him! Is that the Allen Fox, who was in northern Ireland?
BTW, I still call it that!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Last night, I found the website of the Taylorsville Baptist Camp Meeting (http://www.taylorsvillebcm.org) and found the schedule a little interesting, especially from one name i saw! I'll post the complete schedule and what I know about each name mentioned. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the meeting, due to it being run by SBC's and from what I've seen, more for show and shout, than word and walk, if you know what I mean, nevertheless, here it is. I'm curious about one of these names, which I'll have more to say about, in a minute.

Schedule for 2010 Taylorsville Baptist Camp Meeting

Sunday June 20th at 2:30PM
June 21st- July 2nd Morning starts at 10:30AM and Night starts at 7:30PM

Preachers
Jerry Stines.........................................................June 20 afternoon (local pastor, Solid Rock Baptist Church, Granite Falls
Tom Gilliam.………………………………………………………….........June 21-25 am (evangelist, Winterville, GA)
Brent Dula.....................................................................June 21 p m
Mike Holcomb………………………………………………………..........June 21-22 am (bass singer with The Inspirations Quartet/evangelist)
Jeremy Bumgarner.........................................................June 22 pm
Joe Arthur……………………………………………………………..........June 21-23 pm (pastor/evangelist, although, IMHO, mostly the latter, Jonesboro, GA)
Craig Edwards……………………………………………………….........June 23-25 pm (pastor Maybery Baptist Church, Mt Airy, NC, not sure on the spelling)
Dale Milstead.................................................................June 24 pm
Eddie Jolly.....................................................................June 25 pm

Don Savell………………………………………………………..........June 28-July 2 am
Mike Bagwell…………………………………………………….........June 28-July 2 pm (evangelist, Coming, GA)
JC House……………………………………………………………............June 28-30 am(heard of him and that's all)
Marcus Benfield..............................................................June 28 pm (local pastor, can't remember where)
Bill Smith.......................................................................June 29 pm
Phil Chapman.................................................................June 30 pm
Allen Fox...........................................................................July 1 pm(?)
Chris Benfield....................................................................July 2 pm
Singers

Ricky Atkinson and Compassion..............................June 20 afternoon (Sylvester, GA)
Tri-State Baptist Children’s Home…………………………….......June 21-22am (Bristol, TN, where Fred Potter used to pastor, Brookside Baptist Church)
Penny Andrews...........................................................June 21-24am (Aunt Peny, as we who hung around WPET, used to call her)
Hayes Family…………………………………………………………..............June 23 pm (Boone, NC)
Archie Watkins.................................................................June 24pm (former tenor singer with The Inspirations Quartet)
John Edminston.................................................June 21-25 am & pm
The McDaris Family.....................................................June 21-25 am (heard of them, but don't know much, come from a long line)
Carl Partain Family………………………………………….......June 25-28 am & pm (sung and preached for us, I think from Cedartown, GA)
The Price Trio..................................................................June 28 pm (Columbus, NC)
The Perry’s…………………………………………………........................June 29 pm (Moristown, TN)
The Forest City Boys..........................................................July 1 pm (Forest City, NC)
Joyful Sound.....................................................................July 2 pm (if who I think it is, Culfax, NC, not sure on the spelling)
You can prOBably guess which one I'm curious about! Yeah, it's the one with the "?" next to it! There used to be an Allen Fox, who was a missionary to northern Ireland and I'm wondering if that's him! The only information I can find is that "this" Allen Fox, is the pastor of (believe it or not,) Ichabod Baptist Church, of Taylorsville, NC! No kiddin'! Is this the same guy? Has the missionary Allen Fox come off the field and taken Ichabod Baptist Church, of Taylorsville, NC? Boy, what a name! If anyone knows, please post! For that matter, if you know anything about the whereabouts of the others, please do the same! Sorry this post has been so long, but I (or rather, the schedule,) had a lot to say!
Any info would be most helpful!
Thanks!

Alright, I stand corrected! Allen Fox does not pastor the Ichabod Baptist Church, of Taylorsville, NC; he pastors the Mt (I guess that's Mount) Ridge Baptist Church, of Taylorsville, NC! I do say, however, in my defense, that, the way the sermonaudio.com page was worded, it (the wording) lead me to believe that was the name of the church! I didn't get to the bottom of this confusion, until earlier this evening!
My deepest and most sincere apology, to Pastor Fox and his people.
BTW, I'm planning on (LORD willing) archiving the only message I (personally) have, by Brother Fox, (I Want To Die On The Battlefield,) to my site, tomorrow!