• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

best "meal deal"

• Members

Here's my submission for "best tasting and best value fast food meal deal."

Sonic - Get the large onion rings (sweetest onions ever!) and two (2) Jr. Burgers from the dollar menu. Total $4.00

(and today,,, they even had "buy one shake, get one free")

• Administrators

I haven't been to a Sonic in years! They don't have them up here. When I lived in OK, my friends and I went when we could. Cheese fries and lime Coke were our favorites.

I've never had any of their onion rings, but I do love good ones!!

• Members

The best deal right now is at Taco Bell. You can get a mondo burrito, with a small bag of doritos and a medium drink all for $2. It's that's not enough for ya, you can throw on one more item for under a buck and get the whole thing for $3!

I'll do that soon! By the way... I'm writing a new book entitled "Revelation So Simple, No Roadmap Needed." :) Edited by holster

• Members

I haven't been to a Sonic in years! They don't have them up here. When I lived in OK, my friends and I went when we could. Cheese fries and lime Coke were our favorites.

I've never had any of their onion rings, but I do love good ones!!

I don't know where they get their onions but I honestly have NEVER tasted onions so sweet. It's almost like they crossed an onion with Joel Osteen's smile. :lol:

• Administrators

I don't know where they get their onions but I honestly have NEVER tasted onions so sweet. It's almost like they crossed an onion with Joel Osteen's smile. :lol:

:clapping: oh, man - I'm hungry now and would love to have some! But Sonics are all either south or west of us... :icon_sad:

• Members

At church today, we had our usual Tuesday seniors lunch. We call it the Bethany Lunch. We had Roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, carrots and peas followed by apple crumble and ice cream with tea or coffee before and after. We charge £2, about $3.00.

The speaker did not turn up so I had to think of something in five minutes.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Red ROBin has THE BEST onion rings EVER....

As far as good deals...Pizza Hut lunch buffet is pretty cheap esp if you drink water....and also Dominos medium pizzas are always really cheap and filling and their new recipe tastes really good (I used to not like Dominos).

• Members

At church today, we had our usual Tuesday seniors lunch. We call it the Bethany Lunch. We had Roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, carrots and peas followed by apple crumble and ice cream with tea or coffee before and after. We charge £2, about $3.00.

The speaker did not turn up so I had to think of something in five minutes.

How about "Filling the belly with Roast Lamb is great, but filling the Soul with the Word of God is better!

• Members

Taco's don't ring my bell Jerry8... That priceless! :nuts:;)

hijacked.gif

Several years back an elderly man's wife died, they had been dedicated to their church. Sometime after her death he started going with a very loose woman who had been known to have many affairs throughout her married life, but now was divorced. he dated her a few times. One night several of us was at a local coffee shop, which he and her had come into this coffee shop a few times eating supper. But he was by his self and set with her.

I mentioned the woman he was dating, or whatever they were doing, a big smile come on his face. I might add, he was a Yankee who had move south, and of course his accent was a bit different than ours even though he had been down here several years. After asking his about her a big smile came on his face and he said in a very harlots way, "She rings my bell."

Oh, did I say she was a gold digger, when she found out he and his dead wife had set things up what would become of their assets she dropped him like a hot potato.

The Bible tells us about such women, and I'm sure he had read about it many times. This woman swept him off his feet, the broke his heart big time. It really sadden my heart for having laughed at his that night, yet its still kind of funny.

Pr 2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
Pr 5:3 For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
Pr 5:20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?
Pr 6:24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
Pr 6:26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.

No, he did not see that coming, his thoughts were innocent I'm sure, yet I know her thoughts were far from innocent. He was prOBably one of few who did not know this woman and her ways, yet in such a time, a person like him who has been swept off their feet will not believe the truth. Needless to say he died broken hearted, once when the wife he loved for many years died, and from being done so bad by a strange woman.

I suppose every town has at least one if not more like her, prOBably many here have know such a woman. After coming and reading your reply I thought of this elderly man and the words he said that night several years ago.

11backtotopic.gif

• Administrators

My hubby likes subs and we noticed that JimmyJohns has a really good deal tomorrow during lunch. Can't remember the price, but he thought it was good. I had forgotten that there is a JimmyJohn's here in town now, so I just might surprise my honey with one tomorrow. :icon_mrgreen: (Subs don't ring my bell, Jerry8...tacos do! :coverlaugh: )

• Members

My hubby likes subs and we noticed that JimmyJohns has a really good deal tomorrow during lunch. Can't remember the price, but he thought it was good. I had forgotten that there is a JimmyJohn's here in town now, so I just might surprise my honey with one tomorrow. :icon_mrgreen: (Subs don't ring my bell, Jerry8...tacos do! :coverlaugh: )

JimmyJohns???? sounds like pajamas. Never seen one.