• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

favorite Evangelists

• Members

Dr. Ruckman is the man I give credit to although I was already suspicious about the NIV before I heard about him. I couldn't understand why whole passages were relegated to the footnotes suggesting they were errors.

I wouldn't give that whore monger who's BTW, disqualified from preaching, credit for anything!

• Members

Paris Riedhead was a preacher that was used in my life. Can't say what kind of church he came out of, but the few messages I heard him on were very convicting and helped me to change my perspective of things.
Try finding a message of his called "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" Just google the title, it'll come up. It's out there in written form, but listening to it is always better. His book on prayer is something else. It's called "Beyond petition, Six Steps to Successful Praying". Classic, classic classic.

E.M "Mac" Johnson was a great man of God I think. He pastored in Florida for years and then the Lord called him home. Not technically a evangelist, but he preached in a lot of churches and wrote a lot of good pamphlets and a good book called the Pain and Pleasure of Forgiveness. I'm pretty sure it's still available. He was anti "sinner's prayer" long before ti became fashionable to be such in the IFB churches.

Martyn-Lloyd Jones was a tremendous man whose writings influenced me in a great way. One old book (I think it might be out of print know) was a series of sermons on Psalms 73 called Faith on Trial. If you ever see that book, grab it and buy it, no matter the price.

God bless,
Calvary

I've heard of that 1st message you mentioned, from some Pentecostals I went to school with, back a few years ago. Due to that, I have no desire to hear it. I've seen it online, but never downloaded it. I've heard the names of the others you mentioned, but that's all, off the top of my head.

• Members

An old time evangelist by the name of Tommy Stone was my favorite. He went to heaven about 5 years ago. One of the things he did at revival meetings was to play the saw. Never seen that before.

Interesting. We had a national Missionary who came by my 1st church who did that, but I haven't seen it since. I think I even had an album of his music in years past. Glad the LORD used him, to change your life!

• Members

I wouldn't give that whore monger who's BTW, disqualified from preaching, credit for anything!

:clapping: Typical for this board of Pharisees. No wonder it's become a ghost town full of stuffed shirts in here. So don't give credit to the man even though he's the one God used to open my eyes? Brillant hypocrisy. Typical IFB holier than thou nonsense.

While the "whoremonger" was restoring believers faith in the word of God (i.e KJV)men like John R. Rice and Curtis Hutson were correcting it at every chance they could.

Well, see how that pans out at the judgement seat of Christ. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

:clapping: Typical for this board of Pharisees. No wonder it's become a ghost town full of stuffed shirts in here. So don't give credit to the man even though he's the one God used to open my eyes? Brillant hypocrisy. Typical IFB holier than thou nonsense.

While the "whoremonger" was restoring believers faith in the word of God (i.e KJV)men like John R. Rice and Curtis Hutson were correcting it at every chance they could.

Well, see how that pans out at the judgement seat of Christ.

Are we all Pharisees because of one persons comment?

I've not listened to all of Rice's sermons, but those I've heard he never corrected the KJB and in none of his books I've read has he corrected the KJB. (I'm not trying to say Rice was KJO, because he wasn't)

• Members

I've heard of that 1st message you mentioned, from some Pentecostals I went to school with, back a few years ago. Due to that, I have no desire to hear it. I've seen it online, but never downloaded it. I've heard the names of the others you mentioned, but that's all, off the top of my head.

It's too bad you cut yourself off from a great message from God just because some Pentecostals listened to it. Ya know, Pentecostals sing Amazing Grace, are you gonna stop singing that too? That kind of guilty by association isn't always the best logic my friend. Just saying is all...

God bless,
Calvary

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Some evangelist that have touched my life in the past 5 years are:
Bill Hall
Billy Ingram
Jim Van Gelderen
John Van Gelderen
Mike Pelletier
Mike Manor

I have had the blessing to go door to door and also witnessing on the streets with both Van Geldrens. It was amazing to see God work through them to reach out to the lost.

• Members

I have had the blessing to go door to door and also witnessing on the streets with both Van Geldrens. It was amazing to see God work through them to reach out to the lost.

Yes, it is amazing to see how God uses the Van Gelderen's. They usually come back to our church every 1 to 2 years for a revival meeting. I always look forward to it. Have you ever been to the holiness conference at Fall Baptist Church?

• Moderators

Yes, it is amazing to see how God uses the Van Gelderen's. They usually come back to our church every 1 to 2 years for a revival meeting. I always look forward to it. Have you ever been to the holiness conference at Fall Baptist Church?

I just found out about that conference this year. I haven't gone yet, but I'm hoping to go next year!

• Members

Yes, I have been there at least for a day of a holiness conference I believe. My brother in law is the director of youth ministry at Falls Baptist. My wife and I completed the Netcasters course last year at Falls Baptist.

• Members

Well, see how that pans out at the judgement seat of Christ.

So your a Ruckman? Sad, so sad. No wonder you think this is a ghost town of stuffed shirts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Even though I have not heard him for many years, Evangelist Dan Souza is still my favorite. Nothing like hearing someone preach who lives the life of a true servant.
Evangelist Richard Harper - I have heard quite a bit in the last few years and really enjoy his preaching.