• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

favorite Evangelists

• Members

I went to Tri-County Baptist Temple, pastored by Homer Smith, for three years as a teenager, and every Lee Roberson came to preach. He energy and zeal for souls influenced me, and I liked how he started preaching before he got to the platform. In Bible college, I tried doing that in our "Prep and Deliver of Sermons" class and was told not too. Oh well!

Sam Gipp is a big time hero of mine. I've known him as far back as I can think, he has a great testimony and his ministry is to be "a friend to churches". He is a very strong KJV supporter and was on the John Ankerberg Show defending it from the likes of James White and company.

Here's a link to some of his preaching and teaching: Sam Gipp

Well, the titles sound interesting, but I don't have RP, so I can't listen to them! I'm not gonna download a certain player, just to hear a few men's messages! I think I saw some of them listed, in mp3, somewhere else, so I'll check 'em out! I just wish some of these guys wouldn't be so particular about their audio formats!
Thanks again, for the link.

• Members

Well, the titles sound interesting, but I don't have RP, so I can't listen to them! I'm not gonna download a certain player, just to hear a few men's messages! I think I saw some of them listed, in mp3, somewhere else, so I'll check 'em out! I just wish some of these guys wouldn't be so particular about their audio formats!
Thanks again, for the link.

I went to http://www.goodpreachin.com and downloaded a couple of his messages. "Preachers: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em," took foooooooooooooor eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to download! After that one, I decided to come back later, so it possibly wouldn't take so long to get 'em! Personally, I don't care for some of the few guys I know, on that site, but some are great men! The other day, I found TWO messages from Billy Mitchell there! WOW!
Oh, what's up with the domain names, "ruckmanite.org" and "ruckmanite.com" there? Oh yeah, one of those guys I know, Harold Leek, (sp?) is double married! Could that have something to do with it? Yep!

• Members

I went to http://www.goodpreachin.com and downloaded a couple of his messages. "Preachers: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em," took foooooooooooooor eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to download! After that one, I decided to come back later, so it possibly wouldn't take so long to get 'em! Personally, I don't care for some of the few guys I know, on that site, but some are great men! The other day, I found TWO messages from Billy Mitchell there! WOW!

My pastor, Rick DeMichele is even on there, this looks like a great site! Allen Jones is coming to our church this Sunday, and Rick Sowell is another one of my favorite preachers. I've heard Jack Wood, Jim White, Joe West, Randy Mitchell (former assistant pastor here, started a church now), Carl Loturco (another one of our assistant pastors that has his own church), Tom Bard is an evangelist out of our church... lots of good guys here.

I'm wondering if anything on here is copyright infringement though, I hate copyright infringement. Christians stealing from other Christians is pretty bad stuff. Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

My pastor, Rick DeMichele is even on there, this looks like a great site! Allen Jones is coming to our church this Sunday, and Rick Sowell is another one of my favorite preachers. I've heard Jack Wood, Jim White, Joe West, Randy Mitchell (former assistant pastor here, started a church now), Carl Loturco (another one of our assistant pastors that has his own church), Tom Bard is an evangelist out of our church... lots of good guys here.

I'm wondering if anything on here is copyright infringement though, I hate copyright infringement. Christians stealing from other Christians is pretty bad stuff.

Personally, never heard of any of those.
Um, last time I checked, God's word, nor the preaching of it, was copyrighted, that is, unless you're Tom Walker, of Marrian, NC! I wouldn't download a thing from his site, 'cause he's copyrighted I know, at least the audio!

• Members

Personally, never heard of any of those.

Really good men, you might like their preaching.

Um, last time I checked, God's word, nor the preaching of it, was copyrighted, that is, unless you're Tom Walker, of Marrian, NC! I wouldn't download a thing from his site, 'cause he's copyrighted I know, at least the audio!

Who on here would you recommend for me to listen to?

• Members

Really good men, you might like their preaching.

Who on here would you recommend for me to listen to?

I'll check into it!
Where do you mean by "hear?" Are you meaning on goodpreachin? If so, I'll go there and compile a list! If somewhere else, let me know where and I'll be glad to let you know!

• Members

I'll check into it!
Where do you mean by "hear?" Are you meaning on goodpreachin? If so, I'll go there and compile a list! If somewhere else, let me know where and I'll be glad to let you know!

Ya, on the good preaching site, who do you like? I like to hear guys I've never heard before. Who off that list do you like?

• Members

Ya, on the good preaching site, who do you like? I like to hear guys I've never heard before. Who off that list do you like?

Well, apparently, there were more up there that I knew, than I thought! Here's the list and a few comments. Some of the preachers from the past are listed because of their rep. Hope this helps.

Ed Ballew (Great man with boldness and compassion!)
David Benoit (Haven't heard him in around eight or nine years, since my College days! Your call.)
Darrell Dunn (Used to preach a lot in our neck of the woods, in the early 90s. Don't know much about him.)
Craig Edwards (Grew up listening to him, on the radio! IMHO, has dipped the colors, somewhat.)
David Gibbs
William Grady
Oliver B. Greene
Vance Havner (Used to live in my old home town, of Greensboro, NC! The SBC wouldn't have him, today!)
Earl Hughes (Great older Evangelist! Has had a lot of health issues, in recent days.)
Maze Jackson (Grew up listening to him, on the radio, also! Great man!)
Bob Jones Sr.
Carl Lackey (In his younger years, he was great! Got messed up, especially in the marriage issue, by hanging around PR.)
B.R. Lakin
Charles Lawson (A good man, with a good rep, doing a good work in the Fountain City/Knoxville, TN area.)
R.G. Lee
Billy Mitchell (Great Evangelist, from Jamestown, TN! You'd better have your ears on, 'cause he don't let no grass grow under his feet, once he gets goin'! He's not all that fast, he just says a lot! Too bad, there's only two messages from him, up there.)
Harry Nix (Haven't heard him in a number of years! Used to run him on the radio, when he pastored New Manna Baptist Church, Marrian, NC.)
J. Frank Norris
Michael O'Neal (Know him from another forum I've frequented in the past! Seems to have his head on pretty straight.)
Fred Potter (Once again, grew up listening to him, on the radio! Pastored Brookside Baptist Church, Bristol, TN, until his death. Did a lot for the printing of the King James Bible in other languages! Started Charity Baptist Mission, which still goes on, today!)
C.L. Roach (Used to preach a lot in our neck of the woods when I was a kid, but don't know much about him. Think he was from GA.)
Lester Roloff
Ralph Sexton (Wonder if that's Sr? If so, you're in for a blessing!)
Harold Sightler (One of my heroes, in radio and preaching!)
J. Harold Smith (Another one the SBC wouldn't have today!)

The parenthetical statements, were from purely my observations and opinions!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

David Webster - Prince Albert, SK
Jacob Giesbrecht - Winkler, MB

Ah, glad to have a Canadian in the bunch! Welcome!
Don't know those fellows, but I'm glad the LORD has used them, to change your life!
Used to listen to Perry F. Rockwood on the radio, when I lived in NC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Bill Marshall (now pastoring in St Joseph, MO
Dave McCracken
David Gibbs

1 Don't know him.
2 Is he related to Kendal with Rock Of Ages Prison Ministry?
3 Who doesn't know him, his family, or the work the CLA does?
I'm glad the LORD has used these men, to change your life! Thanks for the reply!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Jack Tripp.

Jack Tripp used to preach a lot, in my old neck of the woods, the "Piedmont" of NC! I found a bunch of his messages, from a Camp Meeting in MD, a while back on the web! Great preaching! His son Timothy, pastors about two minutes from my Daddy's house!
Glad the LORD's used him, to change your life! Thanks for the reply!