• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

favorite Evangelists

• Members

A few years ago, the LORD started allowing my path to cross, with some Evangelists He used to change my life! I not only have learned from what they've preached, I've watched their lives! BTW, I'd recommend any of these men, at the drop of a hat! Here's a list of them. These are Evangelists and not Pastors who preach Revivals!
Terry Pace, Scottsboro, AL
Larry Raynes, Taylors, SC
Randy Sutherland, Calhoun, GA
Milford Biddle, Easly, SC
Billy Mitchell, Jamestown, TN
Stinnett Ballew, Resacca, GA

• Members

The two that has influenced my life the most.
1) Dr Lee Roberson
2) Dan Souza

I had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Roberson, a couple of times, when I was in College! He was a great man! BTW, I went to Carolina Baptist College, Reidsville, NC, (Reidsville Baptist Church, Pastor Jerry Carter,) 1998-2002. Don't hold it against me.
I've heard of Dan Souza, but that's about all.
Glad the LORD has used them, to influence your life!

• Members

Evangelist Joe Boyd greatly influenced my life. I had the privilege of working at the camp he started, and also as his secretary.

That's another name from my College days! Never heard him, but from what I know, a good man, with a good rep! BTW, was that camp, the one Randy Taylor is with, in WV? I think it's Salem Revival Grounds. Randy Taylor Sr. preached one time, in a Chapel service and I believe he said something about Joe Boyd, either starting the camp, or having a big hand in it. A lot has happened since those days, so the memory is a little foggy!

• Administrators

That's another name from my College days! Never heard him, but from what I know, a good man, with a good rep! BTW, was that camp, the one Randy Taylor is with, in WV? I think it's Salem Revival Grounds. Randy Taylor Sr. preached one time, in a Chapel service and I believe he said something about Joe Boyd, either starting the camp, or having a big hand in it. A lot has happened since those days, so the memory is a little foggy!

Yes, same camp: Mt. Salem Revival Grounds. Bro. Boyd started it while Randy was still in college. That's when I began to get to know them. The Taylors were good friends of mine, too.

The man could preach!

• Members

Yes, same camp: Mt. Salem Revival Grounds. Bro. Boyd started it while Randy was still in college. That's when I began to get to know them. The Taylors were good friends of mine, too.

The man could preach!

Ah! Got ya! BTW, sorry 'bout the poor reading comprehention, earlier! You'd said he started the camp, then I said somethin' 'bout me thinkin' he started it! LOL
If memory serves me correctly, Brother Taylor Sr. was preaching for Billy Stegall, when he was at Central Baptist Church, of Axton, VA, when he preached for us, in Chapel! Boy, the things that come back, by just a few words!
Thanks!

• Members

While I have several favorite Evangelists there are to speakers that God used to really change my life. One was a missionary from Canada Cyril Syroteuk He said that if you are a Christian and you have witnessed to your family the best thing you can do is live the kind of life that when you pray God hears you. The other was Ken Sparks He had been to our church and given me a tape to listen to. I had it for several months before I listened to it. It was called My Sheep Hear My Voice. I felt such conviction from this message that I prayed that If I was not saved that God would save me. I had been struggling with marijuana and I heard these two messages within a matter of months. Praise the Lord. God bless. :)

• Members

While I have several favorite Evangelists there are to speakers that God used to really change my life. One was a missionary from Canada Cyril Syroteuk He said that if you are a Christian and you have witnessed to your family the best thing you can do is live the kind of life that when you pray God hears you. The other was Ken Sparks He had been to our church and given me a tape to listen to. I had it for several months before I listened to it. It was called My Sheep Hear My Voice. I felt such conviction from this message that I prayed that If I was not saved that God would save me. I had been struggling with marijuana and I heard these two messages within a matter of months. Praise the Lord. God bless. :)

Can't say as I've ever heard of those two fellows, but I'm glad the LORD used them, in your life! Oh, one question! Is after you heard the second message you spoke of, when you say the LORD saved you? If that be the case, sounds like you were struggling with more than drugs! Sounds like you had a sin problem! BTW, the Holy Ghost shows you you're lost and you'll know it! My wife (before she was my wife,) was a religious young lady, singing specials in church and even leading other girls to Christ! She was at a camp meeting and the preacher was preaching hard at the young people. After he finished, the preacher walked up to her and asked her, are you saved? She managed to squeak out a "yes," but she knew she wasn't. Around a month later, she was in her bedroom, praying. In her own words, "I've been in enough churches, to have a whole sack of prayers!" She was praying, "LORD, if I'm lost, save me!" The Holy Ghost convicted her with, "none of this, if, business, you know you're lost!" She repented of her sins and trusted Christ for salvation!!! That's all I'll say, on the subject!

• Administrators

Ryan, Ken Sparks is back in Connecticut now and not in Evangelism anymore. He is the assistant pastor at a church about 20 minutes from me in Plainville, Ct. He runs a Jr camp every year that my kids attend. Just that you would like to know what he is up to now. I remember him from high school, he was a great encouragement to me when he was a Senior and I was a freshman.

Here is the church website if you want to see what he is up to.
http://fbbc-ct.org/

• Members

4 Preachers have had a major impact in my life.

My pastor for 20 years - Bernard Whitney
Evangelist Dan Souza - A blessing and a friend throughout my ministry
Evangelist Bill Rice III - Helped me form my philosophy of camp ministry and taught me to rely 100% on the Word of God.
Dr. Bill Pennell (no longer in the ministry) - Preached a message that changed my life entitled "The Rod of God".

• Members

I do not know very many evangelists I could say really "affected my life", per se.

The pastor of the church I got saved in, Orlan Wilhite, really affected me quite a bit in such a good way, even though it was a GARBC church, the pastor himself was very conservative and a GOOD man. Had been on the mission field in the Philippines for years and then took the church. Eventually the church wanted him out as he was too conservative, but while we were there, my family got into church and really grounded in the Word, and ministries, and everything. I have wonderful memories of that large church where my family got Christian friends and involved in ministries for the first time.

An evangelist at that time was Dr. Tom Williams, who I know is more ecumenical now, but at the time (in the 80's) he was pretty good and he really influenced my dad's life ALOT and I think maybe God used that somewhat, without his knowing, to prepare him for losing his own wife (my mom) in the future.

My favorite evangelists right now are Dr. Bill Behrens, Dr. Chuck Cofty, and Pastor Dan Souza....mostly because they are real men with BIG hearts for people and for the ministry. I don't have much use for the kind of evangelist that comes in looking fancy and expecting a big offering, and wanting to go to big important churches, and is too stuffy to talk to the kids and the regular old church members.

Guess this was a long winded answer to a simple question. haha.

• Members

4 Preachers have had a major impact in my life.

My pastor for 20 years - Bernard Whitney
Evangelist Dan Souza - A blessing and a friend throughout my ministry
Evangelist Bill Rice III - Helped me form my philosophy of camp ministry and taught me to rely 100% on the Word of God.
Dr. Bill Pennell (no longer in the ministry) - Preached a message that changed my life entitled "The Rod of God".

Never had the pleasure of knowing those men, but praise the LORD, He used them to make you who you are, today! Even though I've been a member of several churches since the LORD saved me, (due to moving, College days and all,) I have to say, I've only had a few Pastors, in my time!
These next statements aren't meant to start anything, but I've only heard the name of Dr. Bill Pennell, once! Recently, I was listening to a preacher for whom I have a lot of respect, preaching on the qualifications of a preacher! He mentioned his name, as to not being qualified. That's the only place I've ever heard of him. Glad the LORD used him, to preach a message, that helped you, at the time!