• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What to Do in Case You Miss the Rapture

• Members

1. Prepare to die. Throughout the Tribulation period, which is what follows the rapture, nearly four billion people will die according to Revelation. What that means to you is, that if are in it right now, do not plan on making it out.

2. Read the King James Bible. Realize you are a hopeless sinner in need of a Savior, Jesus Christ. Believe He died, was buried, and rose again. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins, and the best way you know how receive Him into your heart. Make the KJB your best friend, there will be plenty of false Christs out there, don’t trust anyone or anything but the KJB.

3. Educate yourself a little on what is coming in the next seven years. In the first three and a half years, expect chaos, famine, disease, earthquakes, and plenty of war. Don’t be fooled, it won’t be nice. Once the three and half year mark hits, things will go from bad to worse. The World Church will be replaced, and now everyone will have to worship what the Bible calls the Antichrist. If you don’t worship him and take his mark, you get your head cut off. Also expect strange creatures and supernatural plagues, that is God judging the Earth.

4. Become a fanatic. You know the truth; don’t sit on your hands. In Revelation chapter seven, you’ll see a lot of people get saved during this time. Get in on it! Share the hope you have of Jesus Christ returning openly while you still can!

5. Liquidate everything. There is no point in owning as much stuff as you have, sell it and prepare to enter survival mode by the middle of the Tribulation period. You’ll have to be vigilant, adaptive, and resourceful. Your money will be useless in a few years, so spend it on what you’ll need then. It’s going to take a lot more than a shotgun and a mattress stuffed full of beef jerky to endure to the end. If you can, get yourself over to the Middle East and find a way to live in a place called Petra.

6. Stay away from organized state religion. There will be a World Church that may offer peace and hope, but it’s only there to keep you occupied with a false sense of security. The truth is in the King James Bible, the same place it has always been. Beware of false prophets.

7. Do not take the mark. A new monetary system will be introduced by the world leader, and it will involve taking something on your right hand or your forehead. It has something to do with the number “666”, and it is a mark of allegiance to the beast. If you don’t take it, they’ll torture and kill you; if you do take it, you’ll go to Hell. No matter what, do not take it. Fear not him that is able to destroy body, but Him that is able to destroy both body and soul in Hell.

8. Do everything you can to help the Jews. They are God’s chosen race, and part of reason for this Tribulation period is to bring them back to God, that is, for them to accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah. They will eventually, in fact, you’ll prOBably hear some amazing stories about a group of 144,000 soul winners and then two other men somewhere around the middle of the Tribulation.

9. Live life every day in anticipation of the Lord’s return. Encourage yourself every day in His word, in prayer, and with other believers. Some of the greatest Saints of all time will come out of this period, and if you’re fortunate, you may be one of them.

10. Put regret behind you. You live in the most horrific period of time ever known. Jesus said there’s never been a time like it before, and there will never be a time like it again. If you manage to survive the first six months you can consider yourself extremely fortunate. You can’t do anything about it now, you prOBably had a chance to get saved before the rapture – and if you didn’t, consider yourself very fortunate that you can now!

If you are reading this, and the rapture hasn’t happened yet, you can do something and should do something about it now. If you don’t you may never get another chance again, and your odds in the Tribulation are very slim at best. Read point number 2 of this list, and then read 1st Corinthians 15:1-8, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, and Romans 10:9-13

http://revelationroadmap.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-to-do-in-case-you-miss-rapture.html

• Members

You cannot be serious ....!

Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. Mat 13:37-43

Jhn 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Your doctrine does not take into account the teaching of Jesus & his Apostles. There is no suggestion that those who reject the Gospel will have an opportunity to repent & be saved after the resurrection/rapture.

2Cr 6:1 ¶ We then, [as] workers together [with him], beseech [you] also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)

• Members

There is no suggestion that those who reject the Gospel will have an opportunity to repent & be saved after the resurrection/rapture.

That's a very important point that many miss, forget about or purposefully ignore. I've noticed that the popular end times Christian movies, books and such do this. They give the false and exceedingly dangerous view that one can ignore Christ now but turn to Him at the end when they see the Bible is true.

I think it's the "Left Behind" series which has at least one unsaved pastor who misses the Rapture and then accepts Christ afterwards and helps lead an underground resistance movement.

First of all, Scripture says those who rejected Christ will be unable to accept Him later. Secondly, where is there any hint of Christians forming a resistance movement to confront the anti-christ?

• Members

That's a very important point that many miss, forget about or purposefully ignore. I've noticed that the popular end times Christian movies, books and such do this. They give the false and exceedingly dangerous view that one can ignore Christ now but turn to Him at the end when they see the Bible is true.

I think it's the "Left Behind" series which has at least one unsaved pastor who misses the Rapture and then accepts Christ afterwards and helps lead an underground resistance movement.

First of all, Scripture says those who rejected Christ will be unable to accept Him later. Secondly, where is there any hint of Christians forming a resistance movement to confront the anti-christ?

This is something I'm still praying on because I've also seen the argument (I even asked this question here on this board in the past) that scripture speaks about people that have rejected Christ in the middle of the Great Tribulation...they will not be able to repent and be saved.

I've talked to my preacher about this and he believes as you do, he did add though that if someone is not given a clear salvation message (you can be Catholic your entire life and never receive a clear salvation message) they might still have a chance once the rapture happens. I think that was his own opinion though.

Anyway, in my own selfish world I'd like to believe that people I've witnessed to (specifically my family) would be able to turn to Christ if the rapture happened in their lifetime...since it seemed like something that dramatic would be the final push.

Does anyone else ever wonder if witnessing to your own family is almost fruitless? I know that sounds defeated but what i'm trying to say is didn't Jesus say something about how it was harder to witness or preach in your hometown because everyone knows you and is just like "Well, isn't that Josephs son...the carpenter?" "How can he be God?" - Or in our own backyard, would our parents say something like "Son, I raised you and been on this Earth longer than you...and you are trying to tell me about God?" or something like that.

Sorry, thinking out loud again :unsure:

• Members

Witnessing to my family thus far has been fruitless. They don't want to hear it and as you point out, those we are close to us are often the hardest to reach.

Since I do believe Scripture teaches that those who rejected Christ now won't be able to accept Him later I pray the more diligently that the Lord would send that someone to my family that the Holy Ghost may use to win them to Christ. I often pray that my family may not pass away before they have accepted Christ and that they shall be saved before Christ returns.

• Members

Witnessing to my family thus far has been fruitless. They don't want to hear it and as you point out, those we are close to us are often the hardest to reach.

Since I do believe Scripture teaches that those who rejected Christ now won't be able to accept Him later I pray the more diligently that the Lord would send that someone to my family that the Holy Ghost may use to win them to Christ. I often pray that my family may not pass away before they have accepted Christ and that they shall be saved before Christ returns.

Same for me. And although I'm not sure exactly what to believe regarding those scriptures, I pray as if I believe the way you do (so I guess sub-consciously I'm believing the same as you and my Pastor).

• Members

Scripture says God will blind them to the truth and send a spirit of delusion upon them so they won't be able to come to Christ. This seems pretty clear to me which is why I'm so much more intent upon praying for my families salvation now.

It's sad to think that many out there have heard the Gospel and they've heard of some of the horrors of the end times yet they refuse to accept Christ because they want to do their thing now and figure that if that bad stuff comes about they can get saved at the last minute and be okay.

• Members

II Thess. 1:1-12, "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

The context of the passage is clearly Mid-Tribulation, those who reject the gospel in the first half of the Tribulation are sent strong delusion and will worship the Antichrist and take the mark. This is the ONLY passage to support the idea that people who hear the Gospel now will be decieved then. There is no other passage to support the idea, and it is OBvious the deception comes in the middle of the Tribulation, not the begining - leaving the door wide open to people accepting Christ in the first half.

Rev. 7:9-14, "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white rOBes, and palms in their hands;
[10] And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
[11] And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
[12] Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[13] And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white rOBes? and whence came they?
[14] And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their rOBes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

People get saved from every nation, kindred, people, and tongue in the Tribulation - so great a number that no man can number them.

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

This isn't that cut and dry. Some believe those verses apply to the entire tribulation period. As well, it's preached many will come to Christ after the midtrib point. Also, many from every tribe, nation and tongue could come to Christ even if none of those who had heard the Gospel before were able to respond.

• Members

This isn't that cut and dry.

When it comes to Escatolgy, to be perfectly frank, a lot verses aren't completly cut and dry. But like I said, this passage is the only one that people have to prove that people who've heard the Gospel before the rapture (that is, if one is willing to accept the pre-trib rapture teaching), can't get saved after it.

I would say it leans much more heavily towards the middle of the Tribulation, because in Daniel the Antichrist breaks the covenant with Israel and sits down upon the mercy seat in the temple in the middle of the week. That is, the middle of the seven year period.

Dan. 9:27, "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the OBlation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Some believe those verses apply to the entire tribulation period.

I don't see any evidence that it has anything to do with the first half. The Antichrist is revealed to be that Wicked One in the middle when he institues the mark and starts persecuting Israel. Before then, he conquors by peace.

As well, it's preached many will come to Christ after the midtrib point. Also, many from every tribe, nation and tongue could come to Christ even if none of those who had heard the Gospel before were able to respond.

I agree.

• Members

Agreed, some aspects of eschotology are indeed not cut and dry. The Lord OBviously had good reason to make it this way. The Jews were confused with regards to the first coming of Christ, as they had basically overlooked many verses and focused upon the ones which actually dealt with His second coming.

Prophesy isn't always recorded in order, as in some places even a verse can relate to more than one event separated by years.

As with all aspects of Scripture, even this should be reason for us to be busy growing in the Lord and spreading the Gospel to the lost, including our loved ones.

• Members

I've never heard that taught (delusion = mid trib occurence) but it would be a nice thought as I know I have relatives who have basically told me "yeah if we see the rapture and all that other stuff happen, we'll reconsider our beliefs."

I guess it would sort of make sense...when those who are on the verge of believing see the rapture happen, if the delusion would NOT occur at that time, that would be a very good way to see many saved.

Which is also a good argument for pre-trib rapture, the rapture being the tool to lead many to Christ, assuming the aforesaid mid-trib delusion.

Interesting.