• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Challenge to Stand Against the Enemy

• Members
Dig It & Dung It!

In Luke 13:6-9 we read the story of the master who had an unproductive fig tree. His desire was to destroy it but his vine dresser persuaded his master to allow him to try one last time to make the tree fruitful.

6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:

9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

We are never told in the passage whether or not the Lord of the vineyard ended up destroying the fig tree but we know the history of Israel, God's fig tree, following the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

As I said following last November's elections, I believe that the United States is doomed. I believe the goal of Barak OBama is that destruction. But I believe God put him in office so there is nothing we can do. But then I read Luke 13 and the account of Ninevah repenting and get stirred up. It is not that I believe we are going to have a revival or even that I believe we can. It is simply that our duty it's to fight for the survival of our field to the end! Until God sends revival or destroys it. Believe me! I believe the destruction of the United States is going to be the end of the issue but I am dedicated to my Owner and to working for the betterment of His field.

Therefore, for this first term of "Der Fuhrer," I am going to keep fighting for America. Please DO NOT contact me with a bunch of "Atta Boy" clap-trap. I am tired of Christians who are right there with lip service but COWARDS when it comes to engaging the enemy or TOO SELFISH to be willing to give up their romance with the World to get active for the Lord.

For the most part our people are not living in the depths of immorality or mired down with drug addiction. No, as a rule, they believe the right things and are regular in their church attendance. But they are untrue to their Betrothed because they carry on a romance with everything their TV tells them to. They have sold their souls to "American Idol" or "Survivor" or "24" or... your favorite television show. Just like the rest of America, Christians are more excited and more loyal to their favorite sports team than to the Lord and their church. That's YOU I'm talking about! Most of today's Bible believing Christians have the following attitude; "What?! You want my Christianity to cost me something? I refuse to sacrifice any of life's pleasures for the Lord!" Until we break off our romance with the World, there is no hope.

In this month's "Meeting the 7000" you will read about a Bible believer who is not talking about what's wrong with America but is actually engaging one of God's enemies in battle. Pastor Steve Leathley has had a running series of public letters with a Bible-rejecting college professor. Before you say, "That's not much." let me ask you a question. What are you doing to thwart God's enemies? Who are you engaging in battle for the Lord? By "battle" you know I don't mean gunplay and bombs. Nothing more "violent" than open opposition to those who hate the Lord.

In future issues of "Letter From A Friend" I will highlight anyone who tells me about what they are doing to oppose a PTA, School Board, city or state government or anyone else who has chosen to make our God their enemy. If you just said, "But I don't want to offend anyone." then tear up this letter and go "OD" on TV. We got into this condition nationally by spineless Christians who have reinterpreted cowardice for spirituality. Go read 2 Samuel 23:9, 10 and decide what you're going to do.

© 2010 Dr. Sam Gipp | 3166 Wildwood Circle | Massillon, OH 44646 | 330-685-2578

• Members

I do believe we should each seek where we may expose darkness and shine the light of Christ. Writing letters back and forth to a professor or writing the PTA or something might be what some are called to at this time but it's highly doubtful we all are.

Many of us will be called to go about witnessing or street preaching or engage in diligent, concerted prayer perhaps in conjuntion with fasting. Some might be called to run for the local school board or become active in the PTA. Some might be called to write letters to the editor. Some might be called to go forth helping the area needy in the name of Christ. Some may be called to start alternate organizations to those which are of the enemy. Some may be called to step forth in their church and be of help. Some may be called to pass out tracts at a county fair.

My point is that I agree we Christians need to be active, we need to be occupying until Christ returns as Scripture commands. However, there are many ways to do this and we should seek the Lord's will as to what we are to be doing.

There is no doubt the vast majority of professing Christians in America will rearrange their lives in order to not miss a new episode of "American Idol" (the name alone should be a clue!) or to watch a sporting event, yet will miss Sunday church services for "something more important" and are just "too busy" to do get active in church and have a plethora of excuses for not being an active Christian or for even letting others see or know they really are a Christian.

American Christians seem to seek comfort as they hide or even run from the idea of sacrificing for Christ, taking up their cross and putting away the things of the world so they can be OBedient to the Word of God.

Part of the prOBlem is we are malnourished spiritually. How much time to most Christians spend reading the Word? Most professing Christians don't read even a small portion of the Word each day. Many don't do this even once a week. Many not even in a month; or longer.

Of those of us who do read the Word daily, how much time do we actually spend reading the Word? I'm humbled when I read of how many HOURS some men of God in the past would read the Word of God DAILY.

Indeed, we Christians need to be casting off these entangling things of the world and devoting our time and abilities to pursuing holiness and being OBedient to the Word of God.

• Members

Yep, holiness is something we all need to work on. It's hard, living in a Laodicean world, to keep yourself unspotted from the world.

That's a fact! This is why we have to be so diligent in staying in the Word daily, being constant in prayer, making sure we are faithfully attending a biblical church and continually setting our heart and mind on things above so as not to get distracted by the things of this world.

• Members

That's a fact! This is why we have to be so diligent in staying in the Word daily, being constant in prayer, making sure we are faithfully attending a biblical church and continually setting our heart and mind on things above so as not to get distracted by the things of this world.

What always gets me is people who go to conservative churches (who preach against worldliness), and still manage to stay worldly over the years. It's like they aren't honest with themselves about what is worldly and what's not. That or they've managed to decieve themselves.

• Members

I think often self-deception is part of the prOBlem So often one hears something akin to, "this isn't a prOBlem for me", or "it might be sin for some, but not me", or "I don't see anything wrong with it".

Unfortunately, most often these folks are very difficult to talk to about these things. I knew a man who was hooked on worldly rock and heavy metal music. If the issue came up he was automatically defensive (but denied he was) and would rail on about how it was "his music", it made him "feel good", "there was no sin involved", etc. Never mind the music he was listening to was filled with references to living in rebellion, drunkenness, using drugs, premarital sex, violence, etc.

• Members

I think often self-deception is part of the prOBlem So often one hears something akin to, "this isn't a prOBlem for me", or "it might be sin for some, but not me", or "I don't see anything wrong with it".

Unfortunately, most often these folks are very difficult to talk to about these things. I knew a man who was hooked on worldly rock and heavy metal music. If the issue came up he was automatically defensive (but denied he was) and would rail on about how it was "his music", it made him "feel good", "there was no sin involved", etc. Never mind the music he was listening to was filled with references to living in rebellion, drunkenness, using drugs, premarital sex, violence, etc.

I've got a 3rd cousin, deacon in a Baptist church, I know he has filed bankruptcy at least 3 times, and recently was foreclosed on, a portion of his equipment, junk, is setting for sale at one of our local banks with his last name stenciled on it. The good equipment is still being use in a new company he formed. each time when this comes about he will form a new company just before the bankruptcy or foreclosure comes out in the paper, the bank gets a bunch of junk, the best equipment in in the new company.

Them there's the Baptist pastor just over the hill, he has been in foreclose at least 3 times, bankruptcy at least once, maybe twice, he has been fired from every public jOB he has ever had, 3 or 4 that I know of, fired for not doing his jOB. Recently a former member told me that he never has contributed one dollar to the offering plate.

Yes, a form of godless is the only thing many have. Sad to say that's the life many live outside of church services.

• Members

What always gets me is people who go to conservative churches (who preach against worldliness), and still manage to stay worldly over the years. It's like they aren't honest with themselves about what is worldly and what's not. That or they've managed to decieve themselves.

I've seen a lot of those guys over the years! They say just enough to make themselves look good and in turn, say nothing at all! They remind me of the ones who say "stay away from sin," but they never say what it is, or do it, themselves! What a sad state.

• Members

How true and sad.

• Members

I've got a 3rd cousin, deacon in a Baptist church, I know he has filed bankruptcy at least 3 times, and recently was foreclosed on, a portion of his equipment, junk, is setting for sale at one of our local banks with his last name stenciled on it. The good equipment is still being use in a new company he formed. each time when this comes about he will form a new company just before the bankruptcy or foreclosure comes out in the paper, the bank gets a bunch of junk, the best equipment in in the new company.

Them there's the Baptist pastor just over the hill, he has been in foreclose at least 3 times, bankruptcy at least once, maybe twice, he has been fired from every public jOB he has ever had, 3 or 4 that I know of, fired for not doing his jOB. Recently a former member told me that he never has contributed one dollar to the offering plate.

Yes, a form of godless is the only thing many have. Sad to say that's the life many live outside of church services.

How wicked! Get the tar and feathers! I mean it!