• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

(KJV) ???

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
I am 44 yrs old....undergone many changes since birth....more wrinkles...worn edges...weak knee....scars.... but I am no less me with my reading glasses than I was at birth. I am still quite me....not ought less or more. My finger prints are the same....my name in heaven is the same....the soul within me is the same and God knew me since I was concieved. It is rather foolish then, in my opinion, to suppose that because a wrinkle has been added by time, that I am no longer who I was at birth. The supposition that because spelling errors on the printer's part or mechanics of the printing process part altered the word of God or that correcting those errors changes the word of God....is too ignorant for consideration. Again (IMO).

When God gave his word to Moses, it was in Hebrew...not English, or Spanish....but Hebrew. Does that mean God is guilty of not being fair to those who speak those languages? Does translating it to those languages change it? How absurd.... The Word of God far exceeds the limitations of puny language....it sustains the planets...supports the universes both seen and unseen....it brings salvation, light and hope....it is the very thing from which life came forth...when all else passes it remains unchanged!

It cannot merely be confined to Hebrew but spills over and through all language walls....all our little gramatical blabbering means nothing to the word of God..... the word of God lines the orbits of the planets....fuels the sun.... and we think that it is impacted by language or spelling constraints? Thats like me taking a shovel to the yard, digging a hole and then proclaiming the earth to be a different planet. How small we think...how shallow are our thoughts.....

I suggest rather than the word of God is perfect and the Lord has blessed us with guiding in its translating into English....as always, just once.... Hebrew (once), Greek (once), English (once) and on and on and on.... the word of God in chineese is what? The word of God! The word of God in Spanish is what? The word of God!

The word of God did NOT come perverted from it's speaker.... but wicked men pervert it today just as they did in Paul's day.... The King James is "THE BIBLE" not merely a version of it. The word of God in Chineese is "THE BIBLE" not merely a version of it. The word of God cannot be confined to foolish little "original manuscripts"....but goes beyond such silly limitations.... It is unchanging....unfaltering...incorruptable....ageless...timeless....

I do not say the KJV for that suggest that the AV1611 is merely another "version" of what God said rather the reality of it being "Exactly what God said". As such I say KJB = King James "Bible". All others are mere "versions" of what God said. I am not interested in a version of what God said...I want to know the very words God said!!!!

Some say "well its good....but its not perfect" I say you and the devil are in agreement there... you may be at odds on other subjects, but when it comes to the word of God you and the Devil are hand in hand.

:goodpost:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

"I have exalted my word above all thy name"....Psalm (forgot the reference?) This is definitely not a
gnat. He puts more value on His word than He does on His name. Hence the very many verses that refer to the fact that His word is powerful, eternal, and never-changing. Also, He pronounces judgement on those who add to or detract from it. No, this is definitely not straining at a gnat to stand by the inerrant Word of God.

• Members
"I have exalted my word above all thy name"....Psalm (forgot the reference?) This is definitely not a
gnat. He puts more value on His word than He does on His name. Hence the very many verses that refer to the fact that His word is powerful, eternal, and never-changing. Also, He pronounces judgement on those who add to or detract from it. No, this is definitely not straining at a gnat to stand by the inerrant Word of God.

Precisely and if one even alters it from it's original delivery, they are most definitely changing God's word.

• Members

But you fail to understand, the authors of the modern versions could not get a copyright on their modern versions that they translate and thus could not make money on them if they made no changes. I forget, but each new version has to have a certain percentages of changes in it for them to be able to get a copyright on it, so the truth be told they make many changes just for the sake of getting a copyright so they can make money.

Of course they would be much better off if they would just pick up an old copy of KJV Bible and read and study it, but that would not put money in their pockets.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

i would recommend that ALL serious students of God's word in English obtain a repro AV1611. The Hendrickson Edition is generally available at WalMart for about $28-$30. I have been fortunate enough to have had the chance to spend some time with an AUTHENTIC AV1611, & the only fifferences I see 'tween it & the Hendy repro is the physical size, & the repro being in Roman type insteada the Gothic of the original.

I also have a repro Geneva Bible & repro Bishop's Bible, all with the original spellings & punctuation & extratextual materials as the repro AV has.