• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bean/Rice recipes

• Members

Does anyone have any good bean/rice recipes? My husband and I eat a lot of meat, every single dinner, and it gets quite expensive. I'm hoping to add a couple of bean dinners to the menu to help spice up our dinners and to help save some money. The only problem is I've never really made any bean dishes. Any recipes would be greatly appreciated :smile

• 8 months later...
  • Members

No answers after all this while?

I did one for my wife at our senior's lunch at church on Tuesday.

I cannot remember what I did, I don't use a recipe, just do it as the whim takes me at the time.

But try this. In a small casserole, put a little chopped onion, tomato, red pepper, celery, celeriac, leek, ore any other vegetable you may like. Add a small tin of beans, part of a vegetable stock cube, or powder. If liked add a little powdered garlic and a pinch of herbes de Provence (or mixed herbs) I grind the herbs a bit finer in a mini blender. Bung it in the oven for

• Members

Once in a while I make a pot of mac and cheese (home made) and stir in a can of chili beans. My DH is a meat a holic but he will eat it.
You might try simmering a couple of cans of vegetarian chili with beans and stir in a little cooked macaroni, and sprinkle with shredded Mexican style cheese.
You might try cooking some brown rice and stir in a can of red beans or chili beans, and sprinkle with cheese.