• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Peter Ruckman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In case y'all are interested, I'll be heading out to Bible study in about an hour. :icon_mrgreen:

I was the only one that showed up! Don't know what happened to the others who are typically there or the ones who show on occasion. It's possible there was a miscommunication with regards to the days we won't meet during the next couple of weeks.

Since it was just myself and the associate pastor we discussed a variety of things for about 45 minutes. Very good fellowship and we covered some great topics. Then we called an early end. That gave me some "free time" so I went and visited my daughter and grandchildren before returning home.

• Members

Sorry everyone didn't come. Glad it didn't discourage you!

The associate pastor and I had a great time of discussing various biblical issues so it was time well spent.

No Wednesday night Bible study for two weeks now. Next week our associate pastor will be gone with a group doing missions work in another state. The following week our associate pastor is on vacation.

• Members

I was the only one that showed up! Don't know what happened to the others who are typically there or the ones who show on occasion. It's possible there was a miscommunication with regards to the days we won't meet during the next couple of weeks.

Since it was just myself and the associate pastor we discussed a variety of things for about 45 minutes. Very good fellowship and we covered some great topics. Then we called an early end. That gave me some "free time" so I went and visited my daughter and grandchildren before returning home.

Well now! Bless your heart!
Glad you had a good fellowship time and were able to see the family!

• Members

The associate pastor and I had a great time of discussing various biblical issues so it was time well spent.

No Wednesday night Bible study for two weeks now. Next week our associate pastor will be gone with a group doing missions work in another state. The following week our associate pastor is on vacation.

Hope you're able to find somewhere else to go, during the down time.

• Members

Listen to whatever you want, but if I were you I wouldn't be so loose to call other pastors whore mongers. Once saved, he never cheated on any of his wives.

So, if you get divorced, even if it is for the cause of fornication (See Matthew 5), EVEN if you have no choice in the matter and do everything you can to prevent the divorce - you can't be a pastor..... EVER. Because why, now?

Oh I know, because you have to be the husband of one wife. Ok, so if you're divorced you are not the husband of one wife. You are the husband of zero wives because you are divorced. Ok, that does make sense.. so let's see here, what is the solution to the prOBlem...

I know! The solution to the prOBlem is to get married! There we go, now you are the husband of... wait, get ready for it... zero wives plus one wife equals..... two wives! Great math!

Ok, ok, I get it now... this is what it means. You can't be the husband of more than one wife in your entire life.

Well, I suppose you could but that would only be if you got divorced BEFORE you were saved. So then, yes you are *technically* the husband of two wives, except one doesn't count, I think. Maybe, let me go ask the brethren what they think...

Oh, and if you are married, and your wife dies you go from being the husband of one wife to the husband of zero wives. But that's the only time it really counts, then you are free to marry again and be a pastor, even though throughout the course of your life you are the husband of two wives, but right now only really one.

Do you see the prOBlems with this line of thinking and huge gaping holes in it?

So here's the question to settle it all:

"If a person is married, and divorced, and then remarries, does God look at the person as having one spouse or multiple spouses?"

What does Jesus say about it?:

John 4:18, "For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly."

Jesus recognized that this woman had five separate individual marriages. There's no getting around it. If God looked at you as being married to everyone you've ever been married to ALL at the same time, he would have said:

"For thou hast five husbands..."

But that's not what He said.

If you want to Dr. Ruckman is disqualified from being a pastor, please use a little creativity and find something other than the standard "husband of one wife" line. The accusation is tired, played, worn out. In light of scripture itself, the passage is dealing with polygamy.

He spent around 10 chaste years between his first divorce and his second marriage. He tried to reconcile many times to his ex-wife, and was against the divorce. She married another man. He was free to remarry according to Matthew 5.

On his second marriage, she told him she wanted to be in the ministry, and then two months into the marriage told him she wanted out. They stayed married for 14 years, and then she left him for a police officer. He was free to remarry according to Matthew 5.

The times that his house was out of order, he resigned the ministry. Three times.

Sorry, but the verses you gave have nothing whatsoever to do with the qualifications of being the pastor of a New Testament Church. They have been given, go read them and take them to heart.

• Members

1 Timothy 3:4 (KJV) One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1 Timothy 3:5 (KJV) (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Divorces don't take place in a vacuum. It takes two...I know this to be true...I've been there and done that.

• Members

Some do not realize that there are consequences for sin. One consequence of being married and divorced is that man can no longer be the pastor of one of Jesus' Churches.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Divorce and remarriage does not give him a good report.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sOBer, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Plus being divorced he will not be blameless, does not show good behavior either.

• Members

Some do not realize that there are consequences for sin. One consequence of being married and divorced is that man can no longer be the pastor of one of Jesus' Churches.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Divorce and remarriage does not give him a good report.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sOBer, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Plus being divorced he will not be blameless, does not show good behavior either.

AMEN! That's right!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I know nothing of Peter Ruckman. The following deals only with the following scriptures.

[[1Ti 3:1 ¶ This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.]]

Of the above 16 qualifications; does God deem some more important than others (ie; is 'sOBer' more important than 'not a brawler')?

Do these qualifications only apply prior to one becoming a pastor; OR do they apply throughout
his duties as a Pastor? If during his ministry as a pastor; he fails to be 'patient', does this disqualify him from being a Pastor?

What happens if a Pastor's child becomes a drug addict or becomes pregeant?

Sometime ago (about 20 yrs) a Pastor told me that these same qualifications for a pastor can be found to be applicable to all God's children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I know nothing of Peter Ruckman. The following deals only with the following scriptures.

[[1Ti 3:1 ¶ This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 3:2 ,A bishop then must be blameless the husband of one wife, vigilant, sOBer, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.]]

Of the above 16 qualifications; does God deem some more important than others (ie; is 'sOBer' more important than 'not a brawler')?

Do these qualifications only apply prior to one becoming a pastor; OR do they apply throughout
his duties as a Pastor? If during his ministry as a pastor; he fails to be 'patient', does this disqualify him from being a Pastor?

What happens if a Pastor's child becomes a drug addict or becomes pregeant?

Sometime ago (about 20 yrs) a Pastor told me that these same qualifications for a pastor can be found to be applicable to all God's children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Last weekend I was preaching in South Jersey and on Saturday night the pastor had me over for dinner. We were talking when he started telling me that they had some missionaries they supported that were sent out by Ruckman's mission board. The missionaries were supported before this pastor came. The pastor wanted to know what these missionaries believed, so he sent them a questioner with a few Ruckamn things on it like what do you believe about advanced revelation, abortion, aliens, double inspiration, and etc.

To make a long story short, the church ended up dropping one of the missionaries support because the answer was "I will follow Ruckman to the day I die". I thought that was a strange answer, but I guess that is the mentality of these type of men.

When this church drops supports of missionaries over doctrine they send a letter to the missionary, sending church, and mission board. Since the mission board in this case is Ruckman the letter got on his desk.

The short letter to Ruckman read something like this:

That was all the letter stated, and they mailed it out to Ruckman

When the pastor got the letter back he opened it and noticed that Ruckman drew a few self sketches of himself on the envelope. Ruckman then hand wrote his answer on the same letter that was sent to him. This is exactly what Ruckman wrote and then signed.

"Don't forget to change your diaper at the Judgment seat of Christ"

Needless to say, the church then knew they made the right decision in dropping the missionary.

Wow! No wonder Paul told the Corinthians I thank my God I baptized none of you. I guess Ruckman is the new/old man on the bandwagon follow me tour. Very sad indeed.