• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Peter Ruckman

• Members

Wondering how many of you have heard the sermon where PR is preaching that abortion is not murder?

I don't care to call out people by name, but seriously, that is beyond the pale. The reason certain people are continually mentioned on threads like these is that these people have information available wherever we go on the web. If Joe Smith from my town USA preaches inaccurately and no one but the people of his church are exposed to it, there would be little value in starting the Joe Smith thread here.

For me, Peter Ruckman is someone who was likely well-intentioned, but did not do well when it came to certain Biblical issues. His divorces, his testimony among the community in which he lived are not things that affect my view. (Although you should know that I am COMPLETELY against a pastor or deacon serving in those positions having had a divorce whether pre or post salvation, whether willingly or unwillingly. Period. End of Sentence.) His divorces are something his church overlooked and his teachings about divorce are the very things that enabled them to overlook the divorces. I did not live in Pensacola, so his testimony did not impact me. However, his teachings came into my home via media. His concept of correcting the TR with the use of the KJ (which came in part from TR) makes not a lick of sense. It defies logic. His claim that certain Bible colleges who did not want his materials at their schools were criminals (that is his exact word, not my characterization) exemplifies a contentiousness that I don't look upon too fondly. (I don't like it when when get into name calling. I can have my own view, I can base it upon Scripture, but I don't need to be ugly about it. Here's a quote from his paper, and he has named certain Bible colleges as criminals in the previous sentence, Jan 2004:
A criminal (if he can get
away with it) will always remove all evidence of his crime from the “scene” of the crime: Waco, Texas for a prime example.

It is always a mistake for someone to view a person and to validate a person by their works. It is always a mistake to try to justify everything they say as correct. Peter Ruckman might have done many more things for Christ than me. He might be a better person than me. However, based upon Scripture, he is incorrect on issues of pastoral authority, abortion and the Bible. JMHO, so take it or leave it. :coolsmiley:

AMEN!
Excellent post! I couldn't have said it better, myself! No, I personally haven't heard the message of which you speak, but it sounds like him. BTW, what's "beyond the pale" mean? I've never seen that one.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

BTW, what's "beyond the pale" mean? I've never seen that one.

Basically outside the bounds of good behaviour. I copied a very wordy explanation for you:

It means an action that is regarded as outside the limits of acceptable behaviour, which is unacceptable or improper. A classic example is in The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, dated 1837: “I look upon you, sir, as a man who has placed himself beyond the pale of society, by his most audacious, disgraceful, and abominable public conduct”. The earliest example known is from A Compleat History of Rogues of 1720.

That word pale has nothing to do with the adjective for something light in colour except that both come from Latin roots. The one referring to colour is from the Latin verb pallere, to be pale, whilst our one is from palus, a stake.

A pale is an old name for a pointed stake driven into the ground and — by an OBvious-enough extension — to a barrier made of such stakes, a fence (our modern word pole is from the same source, as are impale and paling).

For a fuller explanation: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pal2.htm

• Members

LOL Y'all know I'm just cuttin' up, right?
Had to ask, 'cause some people are sooooooooooo sensitive!
Y'all cary on, while Jess and I, are at Prayer Meetin'!

Of course we know you are teasing as it is OBvious that we are great minds!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

• Members

And some people don't know when to quit!

Have a great time at prayer meeting, brother! B)

The LORD gave us a good service tonight, in His house! It was kinda sad, in a way, 'cause we're loosing a family. A preacher out of our church, is taking a church up in NC and tonight was their last service. He preached and we gave them some money to help with expences. We're gonna mis them, but our pastor says, this is a good way to loose them! He laughingly said, he now has another vacation spot! They start at their new church, this LORD's day! We'll all keep in touch with them and Jess and I'll email them pictures of DaMaris Joy, after she makes her grand entrance!!!