• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Peter Ruckman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've gt a prOBlem with it, and I will express it, if you've got a prOBlem with it, perhaps this is not the place for you.

As a pastor called by God, not you, He called me to expose sin. And its quite clear, he does not meet the qualifications to be a pastor of a New Testament Church.

1Ti 3:1 ¶ This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sOBer, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
1Ti 3:8 ¶ Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
1Ti 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
1Ti 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
1Ti 3:11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sOBer, faithful in all things.
1Ti 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
1Ti 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Now if you disagree with that fine, but do not tell others what they can or cannot do on this board, you have not that authority.

AMEN, Brother Jerry!

• Members

Right, He is wrong on many issues. But a good Baptist ought to know the qualifications for being a pastor of one of Jesus' New Testament Churches.

It grieves me at the number of Baptist that seem to think that they can ignore the qualifications given in the Bible and let men fill the position of pastor who do not meet them. I wonder if they are ignorant of the Bible, don't care, are they just letting the old devil blind them to God's truths? Those who are this way usually get quite smarty about the issue.

I know of a few Baptist pastors who once believed a divorced man could not hold the position of pastor, yet when they divorce they changed their beliefs on this issue.

Brother Jerry, I agree with you! I took a stand on this issue and easy believism, some years ago and it cost me, but I don't regret it, at all! All I was saying is, most preachers today, if they really looked at all the qualifications, would have to say, they aren't qualified to preach God's word! I'm not downplaying it a bit, but, more than the marriage issue, is at stake, here!
Keep standing!

• Members

Your right, and many churches play very loosely with the pastor qualifications by calling pastors that do not meet ALL of the qualifications.

I figure God place ALL of the qualifications in there to be used. Besides the Bible says only those who love Me will keep my commandments.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

• Members

Your right, and many churches play very loosely with the pastor qualifications by calling pastors that do not meet ALL of the qualifications.

I figure God place ALL of the qualifications in there to be used. Besides the Bible says only those who love Me will keep my commandments.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Right on, Brother! AMEN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Our pastor's middle son goes to Peter Ruckman's church in Pensecola, FL. We asked our pastor what he thought of Peter Ruckman...his answer was interesting. He (our pastor) said "A twelve year old is more capable of presenting the Gospel than Peter Ruckman" (His words, not mine.) I don't care for Peter Ruckman...one of the main reasons is his mouth and his attitude towards those who dare disagree with him....people like David Cloud. It's unconscionable, IMO.

Mark (our pastor's son) was visiting us one day...my husband was helping him with his laptop computer....at that time we were unaware that he attended PR's church. I don't remember how PR's name came up in our conversation, but I did say that I didn't care for PR and Mark said "He's my pastor". I replied, after my jaw fell down on the floor...I don't care if he's your pastor, I still don't like him! That was the end of that conversation.

I have run into some "die hard" followers of PR and those "die hard" followers are just as arrogant as they can be...similar to a Calvinist who tells you that you are either a Pelagian or an Arminian if you aren't a Calvinist. I'm not saying that all followers of PR are arrogant, but the ones I've had the "pleasure" of encountering (mainly on the internet) are arrogant, IMO.

That's my :twocents:

Edited by LindaR

• Members

Our pastor's middle son goes to Peter Ruckman's church in Pensecola, FL. We asked our pastor what he thought of Peter Ruckman...his answer was interesting. He (our pastor) said "A twelve year old is more capable of presenting the Gospel than Peter Ruckman" (His words, not mine.) I don't care for Peter Ruckman...one of the main reasons is his mouth and his attitude towards those who dare disagree with him....people like David Cloud. It's unconscionable, IMO.

Mark (our pastor's son) was visiting us one day...my husband was helping him with his laptop computer....at that time we were unaware that he attended PR's church. I don't remember how PR's name came up in our conversation, but I did say that I didn't care for PR and Mark said "He's my pastor". I replied, after my jaw fell down on the floor...I don't care if he's your pastor, I still don't like him! That was the end of that conversation.

I have run into some "die hard" followers of PR and those "die hard" followers are just as arrogant as they can be...similar to a Calvinist who tells you that you are either a Pelagian or an Arminian if you aren't a Calvinist. I'm not saying that all followers of PR are arrogant, but the ones I've had the "pleasure" of encountering (mainly on the internet) are arrogant, IMO.

That's my :twocents:

AMEN, Sis!
Another thing, he's DISQUALIFIED FROM PREACHING!!!

• Members

Peter Ruckman has done more to promote so-called "KJVonlyism" than just about any other man dead or alive. This is the reason many professing Christians hate his guts. His harsh methods have been explained by him on many occasions. His stated reason for his "vulgarity and brutishness" is because nOBody would listen to the men who went before him who took a stand on the bible translation issue. Because they were too kind, polite and respectable they were dismissed off hand with a yawn and a door slammed in their face. So he decided it was time to take a different route. Like he has said (to paraphrase him), "while men like David Otis Fuller, who came to the front door with a bouquet of flowers, their hard combed nicely and fingernails nice and clean had the door slammed in their faces he came through the cellar window in army fatiques and face paint carrying handgranades." And it has worked indeed. God knows how much this man has done for the furtherance of the word of God i.e. the KJV even though apparently nOBody in here does (or they do but are to scared to admit it for fear of disdain from other memembers). Many in this forum hate his guts simply because David Cloud hates his guts.Period. Also, perhaps some of you folks should listen to some of his preaching sermons before you dismiss him as not being able to handle the gospel any better than a 12 year old. It's always interesting how much slamming of Dr Ruckman goes on from Christians who gotten all their info second hand. It's also ironic that their is a thread complaining of the arrogance of "Ruckmanites" when you have a thread that is now approaching 400 posts bashing their leader.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

Peter Ruckman has done more to promote so-called "KJVonlyism" than just about any other man dead or alive. This is the reason many professing Christians hate his guts. His harsh methods have been explained by him on many occasions. His stated reason for his "vulgarity and brutishness" is because nOBody would listen to the men who went before him who took a stand on the bible translation issue. Because they were too kind, polite and respectable they were dismissed off hand with a yawn and a door slammed in their face. So he decided it was time to take a different route. Like he has said (to paraphrase him), "while men like David Otis Fuller, who came to the front door with a bouquet of flowers, their hard combed nicely and fingernails nice and clean had the door slammed in their faces he came through the cellar window in army fatiques and face paint carrying handgranades." And it has worked indeed. God knows how much this man has done for the furtherance of the word of God i.e. the KJV even though apparently nOBody in here does (or they do but are to scared to admit it for fear of disdain from other memembers). Many in this forum hate his guts simply because David Cloud hates his guts.Period. Also, perhaps some of you folks should listen to some of his preaching sermons before you dismiss him as not being able to handle the gospel any better than a 12 year old. It's always interesting how much slamming of Dr Ruckman goes on from Christians who gotten all their info second hand. It's also ironic that their is a thread complaining of the arrogance of "Ruckmanites" when you have a thread that is now approaching 400 posts bashing their leader.

Poor excuse, seems most have one, its not becoming to him to offer up excuses. It would be more becoming to ask of forgiveness.

Actually there is no excuse for a man of God to use vulgarity.

I think that is the only defense he has against those who show him for what he is.

• Members

For one thing PR is not acting according to scripture, no matter what the excuse. the Holy Spirit opens men's hearts and eyes to the Lord and His Word, not Peter Ruckman! People don't always listen to every one, but that is no excuse to arrogantly castigate them and make yourself of non effect for it! He is doin just the opposite if whaat he supposedly hoped to accomplish.

as for your statement that "Peter Ruckman has done more to promote so-called "KJVonlyism" than just about any other man dead or alive." that is not true. You yourself admitted that their were men before him that touted the KJB only. Some say "Billy Graham has done more for Chritianity than any other man in our times" and look at his testimony! He used to preach with John R. Rice until he went liberal!

Qualifications are set by the Lord, and not by us! It is his duty to meet them if he feels called to preach. Perhaps God broke his own rules, knowing the life of PR that was laid out before Him like a blanket? How can you excuse blatant, ourioght defiance of God's Word? i do not understand.

By the way, He gets his own thread because of the nuts that are still duped by his methods. a serious heretic takes drastic efforts to expose, and that is what many are trying to do. Personally I think there ought to be one for John MacArthur too!

• Members

Not to hijack anything here, but when people talk about John MacArthur are they speaking of Sr. or Jr. or both?

Regarding Ruckman, I'd never heard of him until online. Some folks have provided links and I've read some of his stuff and listened to some of his sermons. From what I can understand Ruckman was among the first who took a stand for the KJB but he certainly wouldn't rank as the one who has done the most for the KJB. In fact, in his later years he's done damage to the KJO ranks due to his unscriptural, unChristlike manner and attitude.