• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Covenanter

Who lives in the millennium?

I agree. New Jersualem is not the church but will be the home of the church. Also, there will be a city of Jerusalem on earth too.

Notice that this verse says New Jerusalem is our mother.

Gal. 4: 26- But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Another interesting verse.

Hebrews13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

None of OT prophecies allow for a resurrection/rapture millennium going so horribly wrong. Nor do they explain why the first resurrection is of souls, NOT bodies, nor why Jesus will again consent to live with a faithless and perverse generation, when he was grieved by them during his time on earth.

Only by understanding the millennium as the present Gospel age can these questions be properly, Scripturally answered.

Mic 4:3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Rev 20:4 ¶ And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [i saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

The OT prophets didn't see the Church Age and the time of the indwelling Holy Spirit, either. Paul explained that it was a mystery hidden from them:

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory..." (Col. 1:26-27)

"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel..." (Eph. 3:3-6)

I don't see why something had to be fully explained by OT prophecy in order for it to be so... :twocents:

For a glimpse of the church in the old testament see Psalm 22:30-31.

Psalm 22:30-31
30 A seed (the apostles) shall serve him (Jesus); it shall be accounted to the Lord for a Generation (the church).
31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born(again), that he hath done this.

Psalm 23:3-6 The generation(church) that has clean hands and a pure hart will go up the hill of the Lord and receive his salvation.

The OT prophets didn't see the Church Age and the time of the indwelling Holy Spirit, either. Paul explained that it was a mystery hidden from them:

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory..." (Col. 1:26-27)

"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel..." (Eph. 3:3-6)

I don't see why something had to be fully explained by OT prophecy in order for it to be so... :twocents:

They may not have understood the church age, but they spoke of it.

In the elaboration of this crude system of error, the greatest harm has been done to the revealed truth of God concerning this present era of the gospel. According to the prophecies of the Old Testament and the apostolic scriptures of the New as they have always been understood heretofore, this is the long looked for era of the kingdom of God, foretold by the prophets. As Peter stated it, "All the prophets from Samuel, and those that follow after as many as have spoken, have likewise" — - he had just referred to Moses — -" spoken OF THESE DAYS" (# Ac 3:24); and in his first epistle he declared that the things now reported by those who preach the gospel with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven, are the very things, including the salvation of souls, that were ministered in times past by the prophets; and that it was the very same "Spirit of Christ that was in them," who now empowers the gospel preachers (#1Pet 1:1-12).
Likewise Paul emphatically declared that in all his preaching (which even the extemest dispensationalists acknowledge as belonging to the era of grace) he had said "none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come" (# Ac 26:22).
But according to "dispensational teaching" this age is "a mystery," a gap of unmeasured length intervening between the past era of the natural Israel, and a future era in which (so it is taught) that apostate nation will be reconstituted and its earthly glories will be restored and enhanced. We are told that "this gospel era was not in view of the prophets at all," and this is maintained despite the plain statements of scripture just cited above and of the others to the same effect.
One of the unhappiest of the results of this violent wrenching of the "things the angels desire to look into" from the place to which the word of God assigns them, is that "the kingdom of God" in its entirety, including "the gospel of the kingdom (# Mt 24:14; Ac 20:25; 28:31) has been transferred bodily from this present age, and "postponed" yet to come. This surely is a matter of such importance as to demand the most earnest attention of every saint of God: for it does violence to both the Old Testament and the New. Philip Mauro, The Gospel of the Kingdom.

By "this crude system of error," he refers to dispenationalism.