• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who lives in the millennium?

• Members

Life in the 1000 year kingdom age

Isaiah 65:14–19 KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

God tells rebellious Israel that she will be judged, and He will call His servants by another name.
Believers in Christ are also called servants. If you are a Christian, you have asked God to forgive your sins. You have humbled yourself before Him and asked Jesus to put His Holy Spirit in you. You now believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who died for the sins of all who will repent. You believe Jesus rose from the dead and is sitting at the right hand of God. When the Devil accuses you before God of sinning, Jesus tells His Father that you are one of His. He will say that He died for your sins, so you are not guilty. All Christian believers are those mentioned in Isaiah 65:15 who are called by another name.

Isaiah 65:20 KJV
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

During the kingdom age, people will not die from accidents, diseases, or murders because they will live their full days. The second half of the verse means that the age of accountability will be one hundred years old, which means a person must accept Jesus as Lord before the age of one hundred or they are accounted a sinner and bound for hell. The curse of sin will still be on humankind, so the children of the tribulation survivors must still get saved by faith in Jesus.

214 AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

Isaiah 65:21–23 KJV
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant
vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.

When people build and plant in the kingdom, no one will take anything from them because Jesus will not allow theft. Notice in verse twenty-two that the lifespan of a person will be as long as a tree’s life span. Think of what that means. People will probably live over nine hundred years, like those before the flood of Noah’s day. Also, notice that verse twenty-three says people will have offspring.
Think about the number of relatives that a person could have if he lives nine hundred years. Since people will live almost as long as the thousand-year kingdom age, most will be alive at its end. Then God will release Satan from the bottomless pit to tempt humankind to revolt against Jesus one last time.

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
—Isaiah 65:24 KJV

In the book of James, the Bible says that we have not because we ask not. But during the kingdom age, the verse you just read in Isaiah states that before people ask, God will answer. Wow, just think about that! God will meet the needs of the people before they even know they have needs.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.
—Isaiah 65:25 KJV

What a promise! The curse will be removed from the animal world so we will be able to pet tigers, lions, and bears because they will all be tame.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Have you noticed that Isaiah 65 is about the NH&NE, not the supposed future millennium?

Life in the 1000 year kingdom age
(My emphasis - Ian)

Isaiah 65:14–19 KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
Isaiah 65:20 KJV
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

During the kingdom age, people will not die from accidents, diseases, or murders because they will live their full days. The second half of the verse means that the age of accountability will be one hundred years old, which means a person must accept Jesus as Lord before the age of one hundred or they are accounted a sinner and bound for hell. The curse of sin will still be on humankind, so the children of the tribulation survivors must still get saved by faith in Jesus.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.
—Isaiah 65:25 KJV

What a promise! The curse will be removed from the animal world so we will be able to pet tigers, lions, and bears because they will all be tame.
That is a good attempt to explain the obvious difficulties of the future millennium teaching.

Isaiah's vision of the NH&NE is rather different from John's.
Rev. 20:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I have similar difficulties to explain away - as Isaiah prophesies death in the NH&NE. I suggest that Isaiah is given a vision where all that Israel could hope for under the old covenant is fulfilled in an idealised future. A future that IN CHRIST is more glorious that revealed in mystery to the OT prophets:
1 Peter 1:
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched dilige
nt
ly, who prophesied of the grace that should come u
nt
o you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

U
nt
o whom it was revealed, that n
ot
u
nt
o themselves, but u
nt
o us they did minister the things, which are now reported u
nt
o you by them that have preached the gospel u
nt
o you with the Holy Ghost se
nt
down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look i
nt
o.

• Members

Have you noticed that Isaiah 65 is about the NH&NE, not the supposed future millennium?

Isaiah's vision of the NH&NE is rather different from John's.
Rev. 20:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I have similar difficulties to explain away - as Isaiah prophesies death in the NH&NE. I suggest that Isaiah is given a vision where all that Israel could hope for under the old covenant is fulfilled in an idealised future. A future that IN CHRIST is more glorious that revealed in mystery to the OT prophets:

1 Peter 1:
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched dilige
nt
ly, who prophesied of the grace that should come u
nt
o you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

U
nt
o whom it was revealed, that n
ot
u
nt
o themselves, but u
nt
o us they did minister the things, which are now reported u
nt
o you by them that have preached the gospel u
nt
o you with the Holy Ghost se
nt
down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look i
nt
o.

The reason Isaiah 65:17-25 is different from Revelation 21:3-4 is that Isaiah is describing the kingdom age when there is death and a sea, and John is describing eternity after the kingdom age Reveation 21:3-4 when there is no death and no sea

ETERNITY

Revelation 21:1–2 KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
—Revelation 21:1–2 KJV

AFTER THE JUDGMENT of the great white throne, eternity starts and time no longer exists. John said at this time there will be no more sea. Notice in verse two that the New Jerusalem, which will be suspended above the hills of Israel through the kingdom age, will come down out of heaven. It could not come down if it had already come down for the kingdom age. I point this out because some people doubt that the New Jerusalem will be suspended over Israel between the earth and the moon during the kingdom age.

Revelation 21:3–8 KJV
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

When the New Jerusalem comes down to earth, God the Father will come down also and be on earth with man. But where exactly is heaven? Heaven is where God exists. Right now, the physical heaven is beyond outer space in what we call the third heaven. Therefore, when God comes down to earth to live with humankind, earth will become heaven. There will be no more sorrow, tears, pain, or death, and we will have heaven on earth! I can hardly wait!

• Members
When the New Jerusalem comes down to earth, God the Father will come down also and be on earth with man. But where exactly is heaven? Heaven is where God exists. Right now, the physical heaven is beyond outer space in what we call the third heaven. Therefore, when God comes down to earth to live with humankind, earth will become heaven. There will be no more sorrow, tears, pain, or death, and we will have heaven on earth! I can hardly wait!

The New Jerusalem is the church, God's people. Rev 21:9-11 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; It will not be suspended in space, as I read it. The word says it was descending, it doesn't say it stopped descending and hovered in space. Edited by Invicta

• Members

The New Jerusalem is the church, God's people. Rev 21:9-11 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; It will not be suspended in space, as I read it. The word says it was descending, it doesn't say it stopped descending and hovered in space.

Revelation 21:1–2 KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
—Revelation 21:1–2 KJV

AFTER THE JUDGMENT of the great white throne, eternity starts and time no longer exists. John said at this time there will be no more sea. Notice in verse two that the New Jerusalem, which will be suspended above the hills of Israel through the kingdom age, will come down out of heaven. It could not come down if it had already come down for the kingdom age. I point this out because some people doubt that the New Jerusalem will be suspended over Israel between the earth and the moon during the kingdom age.

The New Jerusalem in not the church. But it will contain the church or body of Christ and it will come down to earth at the time of the battle of Armageddon. It will be over the hills of Israel through the kingdom age.

Micah 4:1–8 KJV
1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.

212 AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will
walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.
6 In that day, saith the Lord, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted;
7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the Lord shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.
8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.

Micah provides details about the New Jerusalem, which will be above the hills. The people who have survived the tribulation and enter the kingdom will come to Jesus, their Savior and King. Unfortunately, their sinful nature will still be present, and Jesus will be forced to rebuke certain nations and keep them in line after they have repopulated the earth. War will not be tolerated. If a nation sins, Jesus will limit or stop their rainfall.
Yet notice verse four, which has some good news. After people plant trees and vines for food, they will be able to rest. With no cold weather and with continuous light from Jesus, the plant life will produce food continuously. Plants like strawberries will be ever-bearing. Tomatoes will not freeze. Green peppers will not freeze. When it says there is no curse on the land, that means there won’t be any weeds and thorns. It will almost be heaven on earth.
You may wonder why it will almost be heaven on earth. That’s because the children born in the kingdom age will still have a sinful nature and need to be saved by faith in Jesus.

• Members

The New Jerusalem is the church, God's people. Rev 21:9-11 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; It will not be suspended in space, as I read it. The word says it was descending, it doesn't say it stopped descending and hovered in space.

The New Jerusalem is not the church or body of Christ. But it will contain the church when it comes near the earth at the battle of Armageddon. See Revelation 21:9-27
Micah 4:1–8 KJV
1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.

212 �� AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will
walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.
6 In that day, saith the Lord, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted;
7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the Lord shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.
8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.

Micah provides details about the New Jerusalem, which will be above the hills. The people who have survived the tribulation and enter the kingdom will come to Jesus, their Savior and King. Unfortunately, their sinful nature will still be present, and Jesus will be forced to rebuke certain nations and keep them in line after they have repopulated the earth. War will not be tolerated. If a nation sins, Jesus will limit or stop their rainfall.
Yet notice verse four, which has some good news. After people plant trees and vines for food, they will be able to rest. With no cold weather and with continuous light from Jesus, the plant life will produce food continuously. Plants like strawberries will be ever-bearing. Tomatoes will not freeze. Green peppers will not freeze. When it says there is no curse on the land, that means there won’t be any weeds and thorns. It will almost be heaven on earth.
You may wonder why it will almost be heaven on earth. That’s because the children born in the kingdom age will still have a sinful nature and need to be saved by faith in Jesus. Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Overcomers will rule in the millennium. They will rule over all nations with a rod of iron (authority)

• Members

I agree. New Jersualem is not the church but will be the home of the church. Also, there will be a city of Jerusalem on earth too.

Notice that this verse says New Jerusalem is our mother.

Gal. 4: 26- But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

• Members

The new Jerusalem is the Church, John was shewn the Bride, the New Jerusalem, the true church, which is contrasted to the harlot, Mystery Babylon, the false church, or the Church of Rome and all other churches which associate with her.

• Members

I agree. New Jersualem is not the church but will be the home of the church. Also, there will be a city of Jerusalem on earth too.

Notice that this verse says New Jerusalem is our mother.

Gal. 4: 26- But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Another interesting verse.

Hebrews13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

None of OT prophecies allow for a resurrection/rapture millennium going so horribly wrong. Nor do they explain why the first resurrection is of souls, NOT bodies, nor why Jesus will again consent to live with a faithless and perverse generation, when he was grieved by them during his time on earth.

Only by understanding the millennium as the present Gospel age can these questions be properly, Scripturally answered.

Mic 4:3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Rev 20:4 ¶ And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [i saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

The OT prophets didn't see the Church Age and the time of the indwelling Holy Spirit, either. Paul explained that it was a mystery hidden from them:

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory..." (Col. 1:26-27)

"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel..." (Eph. 3:3-6)

I don't see why something had to be fully explained by OT prophecy in order for it to be so... :twocents:

• Members

For a glimpse of the church in the old testament see Psalm 22:30-31.

Psalm 22:30-31
30 A seed (the apostles) shall serve him (Jesus); it shall be accounted to the Lord for a Generation (the church).
31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born(again), that he hath done this.

Psalm 23:3-6 The generation(church) that has clean hands and a pure hart will go up the hill of the Lord and receive his salvation.

• Members

The OT prophets didn't see the Church Age and the time of the indwelling Holy Spirit, either. Paul explained that it was a mystery hidden from them:

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory..." (Col. 1:26-27)

"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel..." (Eph. 3:3-6)

I don't see why something had to be fully explained by OT prophecy in order for it to be so... :twocents:

They may not have understood the church age, but they spoke of it.

In the elaboration of this crude system of error, the greatest harm has been done to the revealed truth of God concerning this present era of the gospel. According to the prophecies of the Old Testament and the apostolic scriptures of the New as they have always been understood heretofore, this is the long looked for era of the kingdom of God, foretold by the prophets. As Peter stated it, "All the prophets from Samuel, and those that follow after as many as have spoken, have likewise" — - he had just referred to Moses — -" spoken OF THESE DAYS" (# Ac 3:24); and in his first epistle he declared that the things now reported by those who preach the gospel with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven, are the very things, including the salvation of souls, that were ministered in times past by the prophets; and that it was the very same "Spirit of Christ that was in them," who now empowers the gospel preachers (#1Pet 1:1-12).
Likewise Paul emphatically declared that in all his preaching (which even the extemest dispensationalists acknowledge as belonging to the era of grace) he had said "none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come" (# Ac 26:22).
But according to "dispensational teaching" this age is "a mystery," a gap of unmeasured length intervening between the past era of the natural Israel, and a future era in which (so it is taught) that apostate nation will be reconstituted and its earthly glories will be restored and enhanced. We are told that "this gospel era was not in view of the prophets at all," and this is maintained despite the plain statements of scripture just cited above and of the others to the same effect.
One of the unhappiest of the results of this violent wrenching of the "things the angels desire to look into" from the place to which the word of God assigns them, is that "the kingdom of God" in its entirety, including "the gospel of the kingdom (# Mt 24:14; Ac 20:25; 28:31) has been transferred bodily from this present age, and "postponed" yet to come. This surely is a matter of such importance as to demand the most earnest attention of every saint of God: for it does violence to both the Old Testament and the New. Philip Mauro, The Gospel of the Kingdom.

By "this crude system of error," he refers to dispenationalism.