• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Greatest Compliment the Preacher can Receive?

• Members

In a sentence or two:
What is the greatest compliment a Preacher can receive?

For me a saved person, "Pastor, the Lord used your preaching of his Word to show me my need to walk closer to the Lord, to seek God's forgiveness for where I have sinned and you encouraged me to keep on keeping on."

• Members

I'll post two...

1.) "Thank you for preaching the gospel and making it simple and easy to understand. I understood and I have accepted Christ as Saviour."

2.) "Thank you for handling the word of God so carefully. You stand for every word and you have never tried to 'correct' it, or 'give a better rendering.'"

• Members

Once a preacher preached in view of call, after the services a very distinguished gentleman said, "That's the best sermon I've ever heard." it so happened that this church called this man to be their pastor, and this pastor always looked forward to what this man would say each time as he shook his hand leaving church services. For he always had something nice to say about his sermon.

One Sunday morning several months later they had a program, yes I know, its a liberal church that has programs sometimes instead of preaching services. But after the program this very distinguished gentleman as he shook the pastors hand said, "Brother, I believe that sermon tops them all, that's the best sermon you have given us since you've been here."

icon_rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Members

I'm not a preacher but I would say that compliments from men should be the lowest on our priority list. I would rather know that God was pleased with me by giving me the peace and joy in my heart knowing that I had just done His will and preached the truth in love. Seeing people run to the altar, getting right, would be better than words too.

From a person. Just a "thank you brother, that helped me" would be good enough I think.

• Members

I know our pastor is happy to receive any compliment or comment that lets him know someone is paying attention and being blessed.

One time I sent our pastor an email thanking him for his recent sermon and telling him some of how it blessed me. He was very pleased because he said from where he was it didn't seem like the message was getting across so it was encouraging to know it did.

• Members

I know our pastor is happy to receive any compliment or comment that lets him know someone is paying attention and being blessed.

One time I sent our pastor an email thanking him for his recent sermon and telling him some of how it blessed me. He was very pleased because he said from where he was it didn't seem like the message was getting across so it was encouraging to know it did.

I believe that happens to many pastors.

All of us need to encourage our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, more especially our church family. If we fail at that, we have failed Christ.

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

• Members

HAHAHA Rick and Bro Matt!!!!!

My hub is happy to get any compliment. Pastors easily feel down or discouraged or feel as if they are not doing a good jOB so its so helpful any time anyone says something positive.

• Members

HAHAHA Rick and Bro Matt!!!!!

My hub is happy to get any compliment. Pastors easily feel down or discouraged or feel as if they are not doing a good jOB so its so helpful any time anyone says something positive.

"Something Positive"
(That's for all you preachers!)