• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Friday Church News Notes

• Administrators
PDF VERSION

May 21, 2010, Volume 11, Issue 21

The Friday Church News Notes is designed for use in churches and is published by Way of Life Literature’s Fundamental Baptist Information Service. Unless otherwise stated, the Notes are written by David Cloud. Of necessity we quote from a wide variety of sources, but this does not imply an endorsement. For instructions on how to unsubscribe to this list or to change mailing addresses, please consult the information paragraph at the end.

charismatic_chaos16
CHRISTIANITY TODAY REJOICES IN CHARISMATIC LEAVEN (Friday Church News Notes, May 21, 2010, www.wayoflife.org fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) - In a recent article, David Neff, vice president of Christianity Today, writes positively about the Charismatic movement and likens it to leaven. “Some analysts say the mainline charismatic renewal fizzled. It is more accurate to describe it the way Jesus pictured the kingdom of God: like yeast that spreads through bread dough. You can hardly identify it as a movement anymore, but it has changed the way most churches worship. Repetitive choruses and raised hands are now common. Except in pockets of hardcore resistance, the fact that a fellow Christian may praise God in a private prayer language hardly elevates an eyebrow” (“Ardor and Order,” Christianity Today, May 12, 2010).Hughie Seaborne of Australia, , a former Pentecostal, makes the following important comments: “During the years I was indoctrinated with the teachings of Pentecostals and Charismatics, there was always a doubt that I couldn’t put my finger on until 1994 when the Toronto Blessing broke on to the world stage and forced me to do some serious study, especially on end-time revivals. Once I came to the conclusion that Toronto couldn’t be from God, and if Toronto was supposed to be the lead up to the revival which was going to usher in the Kingdom, as everyone was claiming, then OBviously the hope of such a revival was based upon deception. When I finally came to this conclusion, it was like someone turned on a light. The absence of a worldwide revival in one’s eschatology gives major portions of Scripture a whole new meaning. ... As for Matthew 13:33, the leaven, which represents false doctrine, is taken by the woman and hidden in the three measures of meal. The meal represents pure, unadulterated doctrine. The Bible says she hid it! She didn’t do this openly, but by stealth. She didn’t come out and announce to everyone that she was going to leaven the meal. So straight away I should have been able to see, contrary to what my Pentecostal/Charismatic indoctrinators taught me, that she is doing something evil to the doctrine. This has absolutely nothing to do with world evangelism and unprecedented end-time harvests, as David Neff is no doubt suggesting. It has to do with the spreading of wrong doctrine in the teachings of the professing churches. And it has spread and permeated the teachings to such a degree that, like leaven in the loaf of bread, it is no longer discernible. But it has achieved its intended purpose, as David Neff has unwittingly divulged in his glowing article. ‘It has changed the way most churches worship...except in pockets of hardcore resistance.’ I wonder who he is referring to? It’s those fundamentalists who still think Scriptures such as 2 Timothy 4:1-5 and 2 Peter 2:1-2 are relevant. I wonder who the woman is in Matthew 13:33? I can’t help thinking of Revelation 17:3-6. The amazing thing about the Charismatic Movement is that there has been a ‘woman arrayed in purple and scarlet’ lurking in the background from its very inception, hiding in the shadows, pretending not to be a part of the goings on. However, a little research reveals otherwise. When I got saved in an Anglican/Uniting Co-operating Church in Weipa in 1982, we had two services on a Sunday. One in the morning, which was Charismatic Anglican, and the other in the evening which was attended by progressive type Catholics who were into the Charismatic experience. That was my introduction to ecumenism, which, in line with my teaching, I first thought was a great thing. I got on really well with the RCs until I started asking very simple doctrinal questions. Today, Charismatic experiences, and all that that embraces, is the glue that binds the Ecumenical Movement together. The Roman Catholic who has professed to have spoken in tongues, for example, immediately qualifies as a brother or sister in Christ. There’s leaven that’s been mixed in the meal, by a woman.”

View the full article

• 11 years later...
  • Members

"LOAF OF BREAD".   

... "no longer discernible" .   i.e.  The whole loaf of bread is corrupt?   Over the whole earth.   

On 5/21/2010 at 6:21 AM, PastorMatt said:

like leaven in the loaf of bread

Wayoflife.org and David Cloud have some accurate, precise, and wide application too,  information in free articles online that fairly clearly , or moreso,  exposes the false gospels that pretend like everyone is our friend, everyone is okay.