• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tiger Woods Withdraws

• Administrators

So Tiger Woods withdrew himself from the Players Championship today saying he has been playing with a bad neck for a month now. I'm not doubting that he does not have pain in his neck, but he should have finished the game. No doubt in my mind that if he was in contention, that he would have finish. He played with a hurt leg at the US Open.

• Members

So Tiger Woods withdrew himself from the Players Championship today saying he has been playing with a bad neck for a month now. I'm not doubting that he does not have pain in his neck, but he should have finished the game. No doubt in my mind that if he was in contention, that he would have finish. He played with a hurt leg at the US Open.

Bro. Matt, Perhaps you could share why you think that one of the best golfers in the world should jeopardize his long-term health if there is no compelling reason to do so (i.e. needs the money, on the cusp of a major tournament win.....)?

• Members

True. Yet things are a bit different in his corner today.

One other thing, he plainly reject the one true living God in favor of a false God.

• Administrators

Bro. Matt, Perhaps you could share why you think that one of the best golfers in the world should jeopardize his long-term health if there is no compelling reason to do so (i.e. needs the money, on the cusp of a major tournament win.....)?

Simple, you finish what you start. Don't quit. He always played hurt when he was winning, so this makes him a sore loser. He took his clubs and went home. May I ask why he jeopardize his long-term health when he was winning?

• Members

Simple start what you finish. Don't quit. He always played hurt when he was winning, so this makes him a sore loser. He took his clubs and went home. May I ask why he jeopardize his long-term health when he was winning?

I'm not sure that your ascertain is correct:

"This is the first time Woods has withdrawn from a tournament since the Nissan Open at Riviera in 2006, when he barely made the cut and withdrew from the final two rounds because of the flu.

He also withdrew from the 1995 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills as a 19-year-old amateur because of a wrist injury from hitting out of the fescue grass.

Woods missed eight months in 2008 after undergoing knee surgery."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/golf/tiger_withdraws_from_players_championship_GiGmQftdwFdLHDOFTWZcqN#ixzz0nUhwsb00

Seems the record shows there are at least three other times he's withdrawn due to illness or injury............

Personally, I don't care for how Mr. Woods has lived his life and he has disappointed many people in many ways, I wouldn't even want to look like I was making an excuse for his past poor behavior.

With that said, I don't think he has to "tough it out" just because some fans think he should. Personally, I wouldn't "tough it out" if I were injured and in danger of loosing my entire future's earnings potential just because some fan thought I should. But, we can agree to disagree. I respect your opinion, I just disagree with it.

• Administrators

That article just proves my point. Where is the article when he withdraws when he still is contention? I could be wrong, but I could not find one. He is like the little kid on the playground that is losing so he takes his ball and goes home.