• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

That old black Book

• Members

Amidst the debate... let me praise the Lord!

I recently had a Wed night series on "The History of God's Bible." There was much said about the KJV and the new versions which are corrupt. I talked about the very early corruption, how Rome "took over", and then how God blessed by keeping a Godly and True "stream" alive. We were blessed by learning about men and women who stood for the true word, whether that was Wycliffe, Tyndale, John Rogers, or the KJV translators. We talked about the corruption of Westcott and Hort and Revision...

I am glad to report that since that study was done, several people in the church came to me asking me to get KJV Bibles for them. Several were shocked to learn the truth about their corrupt Bibles. (These are non-members and non-workers as we are a KJV church and all workers must use KJV).

So... I praise the Lord for the entire line of "True" Bibles leading up to and including the KJV .

Edited by holster

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I recently had a Wed night series on "The History of God's Bible." There was much said about the KJV and the new versions which are corrupt. I talked about the very early corruption, how Rome "took over", and then how God blessed by keeping a Godly and True "stream" alive. We were blessed by learning about men and women who stood for the true word, whether that was Wycliffe, Tyndale, John Rogers, or the KJV translators. We talked about the corruption of Westcott and Hort and Revision...

I am glad to report that since that study was done, several people in the church came to me asking me to get KJV Bibles for them. Several were shocked to learn the truth about their corrupt Bibles. (These are non-members and non-workers as we are a KJV church and all workers must use KJV).

So... I praise the Lord for the entire line of "True" Bibles leading up to and including the KJV .

:amen: Praise God for preserving His Word for us! :bible:

• Administrators

Just so no one thinks I am off my rocker, I am not talking about a new version of the Bible.:th_tiphat:
The English language changes through time. The English language is not preserved, the good old King James Version is.

holster, praise the Lord. Keep sticking and preaching with the KJV.

• Members

Just so no one thinks I am off my rocker, I am not talking about a new version of the Bible.:th_tiphat:
The English language changes through time. The English language is not preserved, the good old King James Version is.

holster, praise the Lord. Keep sticking and preaching with the KJV.

I for one don't think you off your rocker! I know where you stand. And I agree and yet dis-agree due to fear.

I agree in that if a good man (or men) changed a few words we would still have the word of God. For example: "prevent" changed to "precede," "suffer" changed to "permit," etc. The true meaning is not changing as the two words mean (or meant) the same thing.

Yet I disagree because of the "slippery slope" prOBlem. Once people get to changing things... where does it end? Man being what he is could he be content to just update a few words?

So I'd rather learn and memorize a few archaic words and leave well enough alone.

• Administrators

I never banned anyone for disagreeing with me, yet!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

I do agree with you about the "slippery slope" and I do not see a need for it now, but I can in the future if the English language changes. I'm just talking about the type of changes that have already been made since 1611. All of those changes that were made from 1611 to 1769 still kept the KJV preserved perfectly for us. Like I said, it is not the English Language that is preserved perfectly.

And none of what I am saying would be a new version or revision.

• Members

The Wyclif is not the KJ, that's what's wrong with it.

Huh?

And no, you did not quote scripture, I just though you might not know this, so I passed it along just in case you did not know.

Ah, I see. Thanks! :)

Of course I think they do so for 2 reason, money and to change the Bible to better support what they teach.

Most Bibles are translated by a committe made up of people from different denominational backgrounds to ensure no doctrinal biases are used in the text. Of course, the Holman Christian Standard Bible is sometimes derogatorily referred to as the "Baptist Bible" by its detractors because nearly half of the translation team was Baptist and it was published by a Southern Baptist owned company, but I digress. :) Edited by Live4Him

• Members

Yes, some use the new versions ignorantly, and when informed understand. Yet there seems to be a big group that no matter what you show them, they want nothing but the new versions.

• Members

Yes, some use the new versions ignorantly, and when informed understand. Yet there seems to be a big group that no matter what you show them, they want nothing but the new versions.

There is also a great deal of negative press out there about the KJB and also a lot of false information that turns many away from the KJB.

I can't even count the number of times I've heard, "The KJB has lots of errors" or the similar, "The KJB isn't as accurate as some of the newer translations". This comes from the false information out there which proclaims that newer and better manuscripts have been found which the KJB translators didn't have access to so the KJB is flawed and the newer translations are more accurate.

Of course it doesn't help that so many professing Christians are biblically illiterate and don't do much reading and little, if any, actual studying of whatever Bible translation they own.

• Members

Yes, it seems slander is alive and well in the Christians community, the uses of the new versions are good about slandering those who hold to the KJ's. Of course if they held to it, it would shine in and show their liberal ways.

Thank God we are not sinners like they are! :saint2:

• Members

Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

But there sin is worse than ours. After all, there sin could cause them to have their names removed from the Book of Life.

(By the way, I'm just messin with you. I know I am a sinner. PrOBably one of the worst.)

• Members

Only thanks to God's grace.

I recall something I said in church several years ago while I was the Sunday school superintendent giving the morning devotional. There were several 'amens,' but later I thought about what I had said, hoping I in no way came across as the Pharisee does when Jesus tells of the Pharisee praying to himself in Luke 18 and the publican saying, "God be merciful to me a sinner."

Its quite easy to come off a bit arrogant while not meaning to.