• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Blood, Guts, and Hair

• Members

I put this on my blog, but I thought I'd put it here to. Curious if there are any B-Ball fans out there. :coolsmiley: Here's a cut and paste from my blog.....

So, you've seen stuff on my book and my family, now I'm going to tell you a little bit about me. Actually, just my "fandom" of the Phoenix Suns. I've been a Phoenix Suns fan since I was thirteen years old, in the days of Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan.

In the entire Suns existence, they have never won a championship, and they've only made it to the finals twice, one of those times was with Charles Barkley.

They have a tremendous rivalry with the San Antonio Spurs, who have won several championships. The Suns have been eliminated 4 out of the last 5 times by the Spurs. In fact, on more than one occasion, if the Suns had gotten past the Spurs they prOBably would have won it all.

In 2007, the "real finals" took place between the Suns and the Spurs in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs, and the Spurs won 4 games to 2 in a very hard series. After that, they steamrolled everyone they faced next. That series included bloody noses, head injuries, fights, league suspensions, and its fair share of conspiracy. It was arguably one of the most exciting series ever.

Well, now the Suns are once again locked in basketball conflict with their bitter rival, the Spurs. In a best of 7 series, they have a 1 game to nothing lead, with the next game being tonight.

The last game was a hard fought battle to the end, with the Suns coming out on top. There is no guarantee of anything, tensions are already high and it's started to get "a little chippy" already. I hope the Suns win, but if they do, it's not going to be without some loss of blood, guts, and hair.

nash-bloody-nose.jpg