• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Logic.

• Members

Has anyone here studied/taken logic? I've done some (two years; one called The Fallacy Detective, and one called The Thinking Toolbox, by the same authors), and have really enjoyed it. It's amazing how many fallacies are out there in our world - I'd like to do more if I can.
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

• Members

Sounds interesting to me! I love logic and also psychology, but ironically never was able to take those courses because I went to a small Bible college.

• Members

When one uses human logic, don't they usually come up with the idea that there can be no God. What is logical about a virgin birth? A man being purely God while at the same time being 100% human. What is logical about a man dying them rising again on the 3rd day. What is logical about all humans being resurrected from the grave and or being caught joining Christ in the air? What is logical about a heaven and a hell?

All of this passes up all human logic which reminds me, Abraham believe God and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

I don't believe there was any logic at all with Noah and his preaching, he just believe God and preached what God led him to, seems those who used logic thought he had lost him mind and they all died in the water while Noah and 7 souls were safe inside of the Ark.

That is only my humble opinion about logic.

• Members

When one uses human logic, don't they usually come up with the idea that there can be no God. What is logical about a virgin birth? A man being purely God while at the same time being 100% human. What is logical about a man dying them rising again on the 3rd day. What is logical about all humans being resurrected from the grave and or being caught joining Christ in the air? What is logical about a heaven and a hell?

All of this passes up all human logic which reminds me, Abraham believe God and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

I don't believe there was any logic at all with Noah and his preaching, he just believe God and preached what God led him to, seems those who used logic thought he had lost him mind and they all died in the water while Noah and 7 souls were safe inside of the Ark.

That is only my humble opinion about logic.

There is nothing wrong with logic, God gave us the ability to reason and expects us to use it. It only becomes a prOBlem when man thinks to highly of his ability to reason and foolishly thinks he can argue with God. That would be like a first grader arguing with a college math professor and telling him his math is wrong on a advanced equation. The first grader would be so far short of level the college professor is at that the first grader wouldn't even be able to understand what the professor was doing let alone be in a position to correct him. Faith would be the first grader realizing and reasoning that the professor knows a lot more about math than he does and therefore believing the professor to be right even if he couldn't understand the professors equation with his first grade math. Just like in that illustration even faith itself originates in the ability to reason. Our reasoning ability can show us areas where we know that what God said is true, that builds trust, and trust builds faith. If faith was completely blind we would have no basis for believing God and the bible over buddhism, islam, the book of mormon or any other false religion you could think of.

• Members

Yes, yet the logic that is usually taught is human logic, which comes from the wisdom of man, not the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. I rest my case.