• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is the condition of being saved?

Guest Guest

The bible tells us that the condition that we have to be in, in order to be saved, is a sinless condition.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

If we should sin, then we should repent, immediately, if we want to stay in a saved condition.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Notice the words, "if any man sin", that statement shows us that it is possible to sin and to miss out on our Salvation. That is why, we have the benefit of repentance, to get back in good standing with God. We call on Jesus and his blood covers our sins. There is a place in God, that we can get to that will help us to overcome the world and all the temptations, and that is only with the POWER of the Holy Ghost.

We will not have salvation until we endure to the end, then we will be saved.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Jesus tell us... and it is stated 3 times in the Gospels....that we have to endure to the end. There will be some not enduring to the end, and will miss out on receiving everlasting life.

Salvation means?. rescue, escape, deliverance?and that won?t happen until Jesus comes in the clouds, like he went away and takes us out of here.

So between that time and now, we should live our lives as Christ-like, without sin. The meaning of sin is anything that is not righteous.

WWJD .... What Would Jesus Do?.. OR ....What Wouldn't Jesus Do?... If in doubt don't do it!

• Members

You are mistaken. If we could lose our salvation we would all go to hell.

"Romans 3:10-12 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

"Psalm 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?"

By Gods grace, it isn't our salvation to lose.

"Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

That this grace cannot be lost through sin or unbelief is proved by this verse among others.

"2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

He cannot deny himself no matter what his children do. He is completely responsible for the salvation of the individual who has believed on him. If this were not so the veil of the temple would never have been rent. That veil was a picture of the covering between a holy God and his people lest his holiness consume them. Hebrews teaches us that veil was the body of Christ. If Christs death did not completely cover all our sins no matter what after salvation we would surely die the first time we transgressed again. We would instantly be exposed to the wrath of Almighty God. That does not happen: we are not the children of wrath even as others. The veil was rent, Christs blood is enough to cover all sin, past present, and future.

Paul said of Israel:

"Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."

This witness is true of those who believe they can lose salvation by their own works as well.

May be you are wrong.

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

If Demas turned because he loved this present world, it may not be impossible for others also.

Proverbs 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.

If the scripture speaks of a backslider, then suppose the backslider was once not a backslider.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

The people was onced saved, but afterward destroyed because they believed not.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even the angels lost out that chose to go with Lucifer.

Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The ones that hear and receive the word, and believe for a short time, fell away after being tempted.

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Remember the parable of the 10 virgins, 5 did not make it because their oil was low, and when the Bridegroom came, they were not ready....but they were still VIRGINS.

I see your point, but do you see mine............

• Members
May be you are wrong.

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

If Demas turned because he loved this present world, it may not be impossible for others also.

Proverbs 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.

If the scripture speaks of a backslider, then suppose the backslider was once not a backslider.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

The people was onced saved, but afterward destroyed because they believed not.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even the angels lost out that chose to go with Lucifer.

Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The ones that hear and receive the word, and believe for a short time, fell away after being tempted.

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Remember the parable of the 10 virgins, 5 did not make it because their oil was low, and when the Bridegroom came, they were not ready....but they were still VIRGINS.

I see your point, but do you see mine............

Pardon me for being blunt, but I have not read one thing were you have rightly divided the Word of God by anyone's standards. May I suggest you find a good course in Hermeneutics! You mix God's promises for the nation of Israel with the parables Jesus gave for the Kingdom age with truths that the Holy Spirit gave through the apostles for the church. You are wrongly dividing the word of God I'm afraid.

This is not said with a mean heart; but out of conviction that you are seriously misguided and in need of finding the truth of God's grace and his grace through Christ only. You are working your way to heaven and don't even realize it; your way is no better than the Roman Catholic way. The only difference is they mix their own works with the earthly priests as intercessors. You straight out are depending solely on your works. Please, before it is too late listen to the good people on this board who are giving you the truth of Christ's blood and God's grace and no mixture of our works for salvation!

• Members
The bible tells us that the condition that we have to be in' date=' in order to be saved, is a [u']sinless condition.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

June, have you looked at the context here? Also, do you think "free from sin" means the same thing as "sinless," given the context? (By looking at the context, I mean reading the entire chapter and book in which you find this verse, instead of pulling it out of its context, to stand all alone, and then reading meaning into it that just isn't there.) Here's an example of how something can be taken out of context:

Let's say I said the following: "Meg said that I like chocolate, but I really don't." Someone passing by hears only the words, "I like chocolate," and gets a totally false idea about the meaning of my words, because she didn't hear them in the context of what I was really saying. If I had written that sentence down, someone who disregarded the context of the phrase would say, "See, it's right there written in black and white: 'I like chocolate.' The writer of this sentence obviously like chocolate. How could you think any differently?" I think you'd agree that such a person has ignored the rules of interpreting sentences.

That was a somewhat silly example, but when you hear people around here talk about "context," this is the sort of thing they're referring to. You simply cannot yank one phrase, or one Scripture verse or passage, out of its context and expect to have a clear understanding about what it means. On a larger scale, you cannot take a chapter, or even a book, out of context of the whole of Scripture. The Bible, being the Word of God, forms a cohesive whole, and does not contradict itself in doctrinal matters. We could go on all day "proof texting"--quoting verses out of context to prove that "our view" is the correct one. Really, you can use this method to make the Bible say practically anything you want it to say. I ought to know, because I was once the champion of this ill usage of the Bible.

If we should sin, then we should repent, immediately, if we want to stay in a saved condition.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Notice the words, "if any man sin", that statement shows us that it is possible to sin and to miss out on our Salvation. That is why, we have the benefit of repentance, to get back in good standing with God. We call on Jesus and his blood covers our sins. There is a place in God, that we can get to that will help us to overcome the world and all the temptations, and that is only with the POWER of the Holy Ghost.

Again, I would encourage you to interpret this verse in context, not to yank it out of context, and add your own ideas to what it means. John is basically saying that he is writing to keep his hearers (all believers in Christ--all people who have already been saved) from falling into sin...and that, if a person does sin, God does not hold that sin against that person, since Jesus has already saved him and has become his advocate.

O.K...You could very well say at this point, "Now you're reading your own meaning into it." And you could be right...but we're even as far as that goes, since both of our interpretations could fit the words of the passage. So, how do we find out which is the correct meaning? By looking at the CONTEXT of this verse, and the CONTEXT of the book of 1 John, and by comparing this verses to other Scriptures dealing with sin and salvation.

We will not have salvation until we endure to the end, then we will be saved.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Again, of what is Jesus speaking of here? The end of what? You're assuming it is the end of the world, but is it really? To whom is He speaking? And, if it is the end of the world, who is to say that all men who are saved will not endure to the end, by virtue of the very fact that they have been supernaturally regenerated? Again, you have no answers to these questions unless you examine these verses in CONTEXT, and compare them with other Scriptures.

I say all of this not to discourage you, or to browbeat you. If I wanted to, I could quote TONS of verses and passages which refute your statements about sin and salvation. But I have chosen not to, because I do not believe that method to be the most productive. Just as Satan did when he tempted Christ, we can twist the Scriptures to mean anything we want them to. It is only when we immerse ourselves in Scripture as a whole that the clear themes and pictures begin to emerge.

TRC123 you wrote
Pardon me for being blunt, but I have not read one thing were you have rightly divided the Word of God by anyone's standards.

You are pardon, but I don?t divide the Word of God by any standard?.I take the Word for what it says.

May I suggest you find a good course in Hermeneutics!

Hermeneutics is methods used in interpreting the Bible?.That is the problem here, I guess if you don?t have the Holy Ghost to understand then you have to rely on someone?s theories or speculations. I just take the Word for simply for what it says.

You mix God's promises for the nation of Israel with the parables Jesus gave for the Kingdom age with truths that the Holy Spirit gave through the apostles for the church. You are wrongly dividing the word of God I'm afraid.

You re-posted the scriptures that I used to make a point? that we are not saved until we endure to the end. That after we get into a saved condition then we must stay in that condition until the end. If you read the scriptures then you will see, there were no promises in those scriptures, so how could I have mix them with works or anything else.

I do not want you to take this wrong, but if you got offended at the scriptures, maybe you should talk to Jesus about it?..after all he is the Word made flesh. I am working my way to heaven, and I DO realize it. Do you realize that you are trying to get there also?

Everyone that claims Christianity is trying to get to heaven, even the Catholics. I learned a long time ago that you never put anyone down for their beliefs, only help them to see more Light. You may need to do a Bible Study on offending his little ones. Do you want a millstone tied around your neck and be cast into the sea?

Annie, Please give the the scriptures that will help me to understand that ....that after I feel that I am saved that I can live anyway and do anything that I want to and still make it to heaven. May be I can understand that I don't have to live so holy, and Jesus will still take me to heaven....I really want to know the scriptures that says that I am going to be saved, no matter how I live, because Jesus loves me so much and would never let me burn in a lake of fire.

• Members
Annie' date=' Please give the the scriptures that will help me to understand that ....that after I feel that I am saved that I can live anyway and do anything that I want to and still make it to heaven.[/quote']

I have made no such claim. I do not believe that way at all. You're the one making the claim that salvation = sinlessness. I merely challenged you to look at the contexts of the verses you quoted. The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, which, in this case, is you. My point was simply that you cannot use Scriptures taken out of context as the basis for any doctrinal position. You have ignored the context, and have therefore mistaken their meaning. These verses do not support or prove your position when taken in context. That's all I'm saying.

Why would you want to use salvation as an excuse to sin? I sure don't. Anyone who views salvation as a mere "fire escape" or "free ticket to heaven" has an equally shallow understanding of the Scriptures as you seem to.

Again, I hope you understand my heart in saying these things. I'm not at all criticizing you; I used to believe almost EXACTLY like you, until I began to realize that there's a whole lot more to the picture than a few isolated verses taken out of context. So, I really do understand where you are coming from. When I believed as you do, I was an expert at refuting all of the "proof texts" my Baptist friends would throw at me. Proof texts are just not effective, simply for the reasons I stated earlier: you can make Scripture say anything you want. It is common for unstudied, immature believers to "hang their hats" on proof texts, mainly because they haven't taken the time to look into the matter further. Studying Scripture as a whole--in context, with no preconceived notions--is what changed (and continues to change) my whole perspective. (Caveat: I'm not claiming to be a mature believer. I'm still learning and growing, just as we all are.)

Happy New Year! .....Annie and the rest of the Brothers and Sisters that should view this post.

Annie you wrote.....Why would you want to use salvation as an excuse to sin? I sure don't. Anyone who views salvation as a mere "fire escape" or "free ticket to heaven" has an equally shallow understanding of the Scriptures as you seem to.

Let me be clear, Annie, what I wrote previously to you was more like a light-hearted way of saying that I do not believe anyone sinning such as cussing, drinking, looking like the world, not separated out from the world, hating, jealousy, etc......not living the life of holiness will enter in the gates of heaven. The Bible states that without holiness no man shall see God.

Annie wrote....Again, I hope you understand my heart in saying these things. I'm not at all criticizing you; I used to believe almost EXACTLY like you, until I began to realize that there's a whole lot more to the picture than a few isolated verses taken out of context.

Annie, you know that I did not take any scriptures out of context. The scriptures mean what they state. Jesus was speaking to his disciples, don't you call yourself a disciple, are you not following Jesus,... I am. The parable that Jesus was speaking about the seed, which is the Word of God, and how it started to grow in a person, then it did not take root... and temptations came and the person fell away.....Tell me, How was that taken out of context? The Bible is written for us today...Jesus Christ does not change....He is the Word made flesh....He came in the volumn of the book..Isn't that wonderful to know?

Annie wrote...So, I really do understand where you are coming from. When I believed as you do, I was an expert at refuting all of the "proof texts" my Baptist friends would throw at me. Proof texts are just not effective, simply for the reasons I stated earlier: you can make Scripture say anything you want. It is common for unstudied, immature believers to "hang their hats" on proof texts, mainly because they haven't taken the time to look into the matter further. Studying Scripture as a whole--in context, with no preconceived notions--is what changed (and continues to change) my whole perspective.

Annie...I do not know about "proof texts", that must be something new, that man has written. The Bible is not to be changed from it's real meaning. It appears to me that you know about the Holy Ghost...and you know that the Holy Ghost is the teacher...the Bible states "if you have the Holy Ghost that you don't need man to teach you". Once you must have understood the teaching of the Holy Ghost until you were drawn away.

I am also a preacher's wife, and I have two daughters.... My mother is 85 years old and she was once a Baptist...which she lived a good repented life. In 1950, she read the scriptures that spoke about the Holy Ghost in Acts 2nd Chapter, verses 37-39 and she knew that she didn't not have the Holy Ghost as they received in the Early Church. She had to go about 50 miles to get to a church that baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. At that time there were not many churches like there are today. When you have to depend on the leading of the Holy Ghost instead of man's teaching then you can understand the true meaning of the scriptures.

• Members

June,
Are you a Oneness Pentacostal or an Apostolic. You have been mistaken, this is a Baptist Message board. You are not going to convert a real Baptist with your false doctrine. The Gift is the Holy Ghost, not the tongues. And Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
tells me that the power the Holy Ghost gives is to be a witness for Christ but you can't witness for Christ unless you are a witness of Christ Luk 24:47-48
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things

• Members
Happy New Year! .....Annie and the rest of the Brothers and Sisters that should view this post.

Happy New Year to you as well!

The Bible states that without holiness no man shall see God.

You're right. That's what the Bible says. The question is WHOSE holiness it means. Ours or Christ's? That question cannot be answered by one "proof text;" it has to come from a proper understanding of the whole of Scripture. (By "proof text," I mean a single verse that has been yanked out of context in order to "prove" someone's position.) There are plenty of verses which advocate holy living. At the same time, Christ called the "holiest," most righteous, separated people on earth "whited sepulchres" and "serpents." And He said, "Unless your righteousness EXCEEDS that of the Pharisees', you will not enter heaven." And yet other Scriptures say, "There is none righteous," and "there is none that seeketh after God," and, "All have sinned." Eph. 2:8-9 indicate that we're saved by grace and faith, "not by works." Titus 3:5 says the same. But James says we are justified by works. Other verses compare "faith" and "works," saying that we're justified by faith. All of these verses don't even scratch the surface when it comes to studying out what the basis for salvation is. And any one of these verses, by itself, does not give the whole picture. Yet, people insist on using them as "proof texts" in a discussion about salvation, just as you are doing, by basing your position on the one verse which states "without holiness shall no man see God." There's more to the picture than that one concept. And the only way we can see the whole picture is to study all of Scripture.

Annie, you know that I did not take any scriptures out of context. The scriptures mean what they state. Jesus was speaking to his disciples, don't you call yourself a disciple, are you not following Jesus,... I am. The parable that Jesus was speaking about the seed, which is the Word of God, and how it started to grow in a person, then it did not take root... and temptations came and the person fell away.....Tell me, How was that taken out of context? The Bible is written for us today...Jesus Christ does not change....He is the Word made flesh....He came in the volumn of the book..Isn't that wonderful to know?

I think you must have misunderstood me. Of course the Scriptures mean what they state. Saying that, though, does not answer the question, "What do they state?" Sure, Jesus was talking to His disciples, but what was He talking about? You haven't answered that question. Also, the parable of the ground. Yes, Jesus meant what He said. But what did He say? What are the implications of interpreting the parable as you do? How do other Scriptures inform our understanding of the meaning of the parable?

Again, we could go back and forth all day, proof-texting each other to death, and neither of us change our opinions. It is only when you have developed a system of soteriology (doctrine of salvation), using the WHOLE of Scripture, not examining it in bits and pieces, that you are able to form a basis from which a "position" can emerge. And that is not accomplished by proof texting. No one can convince us to change our minds by quoting isolated Scripture without showing how it harmonizes with all the other Scriptures. This process (of forming a biblical basis for salvation) can only happen as we open our minds to the whole of Scripture, instead of focusing on just one idea.

I am also a preacher's wife, and I have two daughters.... My mother is 85 years old and she was once a Baptist...which she lived a good repented life. In 1950, she read the scriptures that spoke about the Holy Ghost in Acts 2nd Chapter, verses 37-39 and she knew that she didn't not have the Holy Ghost as they received in the Early Church. She had to go about 50 miles to get to a church that baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. At that time there were not many churches like there are today. When you have to depend on the leading of the Holy Ghost instead of man's teaching then you can understand the true meaning of the scriptures.

My great aunt insisted that if one was not baptized "in the name of Jesus," then they weren't truly saved. My grandma still believes in the "second gift" of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, etc. I believe the Holy Spirit resides in me, as a born-again Christian, just as Jesus said He would, and that He is the one who convicts me of sin and illumines the Scriptures, although I do not speak in tongues, and I have not received what Grandma calls "the second blessing." All of these positions are "based on Scripture," in that anyone can use certain Scriptures to arrive at them. But the most well-informed position has the broad backing of the entirety of Scripture, not just a few isolated verses.

It might be that you are not in a position to understand what I'm saying. I was there; I know how it is to have somebody talking what seems like gobblety-gook, while I quoted proof texts left and right to bolster my position. I have been blessed since then to have sat under the teaching of wise and excellent people who didn't assume anything, but merely let Scripture speak for itself, in context and harmony with the whole of Scripture. God has taught me so much, and now I'm beginning to understand how much I really don't know.

Annie?it is apparent that you are the one that is yanking scriptures out of context. So I will explain the following verses. These are line upon line, and are in the KJV Bible.. No ?proof text? needed.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: (sometimes our correction is not happy..it hurts) nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. (after correction we are made righteous) 12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; (raise your hands and pray) 13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. 14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: (This was not Jesus speaking, because He is the Lord) 15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; 16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Annie you wrote?My great aunt insisted that if one was not baptized "in the name of Jesus," then they weren't truly saved. My grandma still believes in the "second gift" of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, etc. I believe the Holy Spirit resides in me, as a born-again Christian, just as Jesus said He would, and that He is the one who convicts me of sin and illumines the Scriptures, although I do not speak in tongues, and I have not received what Grandma calls "the second blessing." All of these positions are "based on Scripture," in that anyone can use certain Scriptures to arrive at them. But the most well-informed position has the broad backing of the entirety of Scripture, not just a few isolated verses.

Annie it seems that you have a wonderful great aunt and grandma that truly trusted in the Word of God?.I can not understand why someone would not want the wonderful experience of the Holy Ghost?Hun, you do not have the Holy Ghost like your aunt and grandma?it is just more of God than you got now. What if?.they are right and you are wrong?isn?t that too much to risk losing your birthright.

Annie you wrote?.It might be that you are not in a position to understand what I'm saying. I was there; I know how it is to have somebody talking what seems like gobblety-gook, while I quoted proof texts left and right to bolster my position.

Annie, I was in the same position that you were. I can relate in a way, but I never spoke of the truth spoken of my great aunt, and grandma and mother as gobblety-gook. I would be ashame to. This is where I am different from you?.I accepted the truth and obeyed the scriptures, where you rejected, I accepted. Go back and listen to what your grandma has experienced, because it was the same as the 120 experienced on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2nd chapter. If it was good enough for all the disciples and the rest of the 120, it is good enough for me. Thank God for the saints of old, your great aunt and grandma and mine.

• Members
Annie, I was in the same position that you were. I can relate in a way, but I never spoke of the truth spoken of my great aunt, and grandma and mother as gobblety-gook. I would be ashame to.

If you had followed my line of reasoning (in context :wink ), you would know that the "people who seemed to me at the time to be speaking gobblety gook" were not my great aunt and my grandma, both of whom I greatly respect, but my Baptist friends who discarded my "proof texts" in favor of encouraging me to search and harmonize the Scriptures as a whole to form a foundation upon which to base my position on salvation. Like my grandma, aunt, and whole family, I was brought up to quote "proof texts" to "prove" that believers can lose their salvation, must be baptized a certain way to be saved, etc. I agreed with Aunt Lois and Grandma Sarah. I had the passages and verses to "prove" my (our) viewpoint. I can list them even today. Those who talked about considering those Scriptures in context, comparing Scripture with Scripture, and using sound hermeneutics were the ones sounding like they were speaking gobblety gook. Hopefully, that clarifies what I was saying. (And, please don't think I was accusing you of purposely taking my statement out of context. Undoubtedly, it was my unclear communication that was at fault. I was just having fun with the "in context :wink " comment.)

As I said before, I'm not going to get into a proof-texting war with anyone. We could go round and round all day, with no real progress to show for our efforts. If you are interested, what I can do is to show how you are indeed taking passages out of context, and reading meaning into them that just isn't there. That's what I have endeavored to do, but you have addressed none of my questions/objections; you've just trotted out more proof texts unrelated to the ones I addressed. We can play at cat-and-mouse, but that's hardly a responsible way of treating holy Scripture or the serious matter of salvation.

Let's let Gods word answer the question for us," Sirs,what must I do to be save? BELIEVE and thou shalt be saved"

Anyone who believes you can lose salvation,or that you have to work for it by the works of the law ( repenting of sins ) or through good works is putting faith in a false gospel.

I'll explain the truth on this subject in a blog that I'll call "What must one do to be saved?"
Anyone who wants the truth can check it out.

• Members

No one can lose there salvation, it is a free gift. You either accept it or reject it. Jesus died for ALL sins. When you ask Jesus into your heart, all God see's is the blood of is son. If Jesus is in you, you can't go to Hell, no matter what you do afterwards.

Jason