• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is the condition of being saved?

Guest Guest

• Members
No one can lose there salvation, it is a free gift. You either accept it or reject it. Jesus died for ALL sins. When you ask Jesus into your heart, all God see's is the blood of is son. If Jesus is in you, you can't go to Hell, no matter what you do afterwards.

Jason

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:15-16 (KJV)

True, God would have let them use the words "have eternal life," in John 3:15, not "have everlasting life," in John 3:16.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 5:39 (KJV)

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54 (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:28 (KJV)

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 17:2 (KJV)

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:21 (KJV)

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23 (KJV)

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 4:14 (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:24 (KJV)

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:40 (KJV)

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 6:47 (KJV)

Yes, those who claim salvations can be lost overlook many verses that makes it quite plain, it cannot be done, thanks only to God's mercy and grace.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:15-16 (KJV)

True, God would have let them use the words "have eternal life," in John 3:15, not "have everlasting life," in John 3:16.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 5:39 (KJV)

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54 (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:28 (KJV)

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 17:2 (KJV)

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:21 (KJV)

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 4:14 (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:24 (KJV)

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:40 (KJV)

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 6:47 (KJV)

Yes, those who claim salvations can be lost overlook many verses that makes it quite plain, it cannot be done, thanks only to God's mercy and grace.

:amen: :icon_biggrin: People who think that they can loose their salvation doesn't understand it. How can you UN-BORN yourself, after being BORN AGAIN? It doesn't make sense to me. Once you're saved, you're saved for all eternity. All you have to do is read God's Holy Word and pray.

• Members

My salvation is completely based on the finished work of my Saviour - not on what I can do, but on what the Lord Jesus Christ has already done. I had to receive salvation as a free gift - because there was nothing I could ever do to earn or merit it. I could never do anything to earn salvation; therefore I could never do anything to lose it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The condition is very simple: "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Acts 16:31

And Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."