• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Texas denies divorce to gay couple

• Members

This article on Fox was just too much, LOL...big prOBlem here! Couple women got "married" in another state...adopted a kid. Moved to Texas. Don't wanna be married anymore. Want divorce. Texas says, "Um, you weren't married here, you can't get divorced here."

1. WAY TO GO TEXAS!!!! haha

2. You fought for your right to get married so what, you could just get divorced in a couple years? It was worth it huh?

3. So you adopted a kid so you could put them into a split family situation huh? Nice. Thoughtful. Loving.

4. Incidentally can't people figure out that if two people can't scientifically even try to have a baby, then maybe they shouldn't be married???? (and no I'm not referring to being barren...)

• Members

This article on Fox was just too much, LOL...big prOBlem here! Couple women got "married" in another state...adopted a kid. Moved to Texas. Don't wanna be married anymore. Want divorce. Texas says, "Um, you weren't married here, you can't get divorced here."

1. WAY TO GO TEXAS!!!! haha

2. You fought for your right to get married so what, you could just get divorced in a couple years? It was worth it huh?

3. So you adopted a kid so you could put them into a split family situation huh? Nice. Thoughtful. Loving.

4. Incidentally can't people figure out that if two people can't scientifically even try to have a baby, then maybe they shouldn't be married???? (and no I'm not referring to being barren...)

well..... hetersexual get divorce too. But if a state don't recongize certain type of marriage, they don't need to waste their time and tax money helping people get divorce. They'll just have to split up without the court... it's cheaper that way. The only prOBlem is splitting homes, furnitures, etc. This can be a prOBlem for anyone who live together: family, friends, roommates, etc. As far as custody, that's a little tricky, but I think they will have to go back to the state they got married in to work out their divorce and custody. I would not live in a state that does not recognize my marriage.

I believe in making babies in a natural way. I do not believe in IVF and such. Too much prOBlems... like weeding out deaf genes (or hearing genes -- deaf people prefer deaf children, they are easier to raise than hearing children... just like hearing parent find hearing children easier to raise). Our population is high as it is anyhow. Edited by Psalms18_28

• Members

Ppl who are gonna get married and divorced every two or three years should just be honest and live together haha...its the same thing in God's eyes anyway, really....

(I'm mostly kidding...don't worry.)

• Members

Ppl who are gonna get married and divorced every two or three years should just be honest and live together haha...its the same thing in God's eyes anyway, really....

(I'm mostly kidding...don't worry.)

actually there is some truth in that.

There are few people who think marriage license is all about waving document in the air and say I"m married! But how they define marriage is totally different from how other people define marriage. Their definition of marriage does not include finanical (they don't file joint tax, don't share bank, pay their own things with their own money, etc.), they don't think their husband/wife need to know everything-- Another word, keeping the communication open naturally, and so on. And they tell me if their spouse screwed up, they are getting a divorce. They don't believe in God, nor making commitment to each other for life. I was thinking " are you married, or are you just living together? I'm confuse???" Edited by Psalms18_28

• Members

I don't see why those who have been married and divorced 4, 5, 6, 7, and more times, gets married.

I read in today's paper that my not so great state, from this time on will let homosexuals and those who just live together, adopt and be in the foster program.

Its no longer about what is best for young children.

• Members

Most of those who continually marry and divorce have the mindset that "it was all the other persons fault" the marriage didn't work. The next mate they find they are sure "is the one" but most often, they find the new mate in the same place or way they found the others and there is little difference. So, try, try again.

We even see professing Christians who fall into this trap. Rather than wait on God's timing they go out to help God find them a mate. Typically, they go to places a Christian shouldn't be to begin with. They find someone they like, decide this is from God (without actually asking God and listening to His answer) and they end up marrying a nominal Christian or sinner they are sure they can save once they are married.

As for the homosexuals...the first couple that was married in Mass divorced not long afterwards. Study after study has shown that homosexuals are not faithful partners. They tend to have a large number of partners over a lifetime and there are very, very few who remain with one partner for a number of years.

Homosexuals don't actually care about being married, what they want is the approval and acceptance that comes with having the legal "right" to marry.

• Members

I watched part of a study on them on TV one afternoon, seems everyone of them has major emotional prOBlems. Of course living in sin brings major prOBlems to a human.

Some people don't see it that way. In their opinion, it's "homophOBes" (in their wording) fault for that. Same reason when people think deaf people are depressed because they can't hear. But it isn't always the case. It's the attitude, viewpoints, etc. of hearing people that see in deaf... "poor girl, she is deaf, we have to help her hear and speak".... NO, no, we want people to accept our deafness and the use of sign language, not oppress us. Just showing what I mean and why I feel sciencific research on social/emotional psychology to prove a point is useless in some cases... I do know they believe once majority of people are more accepting, they think they will have a healthier and happier life. But would they? I think it's possible. people love to sin as long as no one is getting in the way. Laws alway make us mad. Edited by Psalms18_28

• Members

Its a shame such a good word got messed up because of the sins of a few. I find that the word gay doesn't get used much.

My wife had a 1st cousin who named her daughter Gay, sweet Gay turned out gay. It sadden my heart. When she visited when she was young I carried her riding dirt bikes back through the woods, sure hurt us when we found out the direction she took.