• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Legalize Pot

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should marijuana be legalized?

• Members

We already have enough prOBlems with cigerette, why add pots?

Medical pots? I don't know, maybe, but people who are monitoring may suffer second-hand pot smoking. Especially if they take certain medicines and it can't be mixed (they have to drive home and all that).

I think smoke in general can cause lung cancer because a few firefighters, especially forest firefighters, have died of lung cancer rather they smoke or not.

Edited by Psalms18_28

• Members

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267696/National-weed-day-2010-US-4-20-pot-protesters-light-April-20th.html <--- I wonder how the green tree hugging-glOBal warming people feel about this? and I wonder if this kill birds and frogs?

Edited by Psalms18_28

• Moderators

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267696/National-weed-day-2010-US-4-20-pot-protesters-light-April-20th.html <--- I wonder how the green tree hugging-glOBal warming people feel about this? and I wonder if this kill birds and frogs?

Colorado legalized medicinal pot. Already there are over 3000 dispensaries (there are only 5 million people in the state making a dispensary per 200,000 people) and ALL of them are in seedy neighborhoods according to state officials. Drug related crime and violence doesn't seem to have diminished either.

• Members

Colorado legalized medicinal pot. Already there are over 3000 dispensaries (there are only 5 million people in the state making a dispensary per 200,000 people) and ALL of them are in seedy neighborhoods according to state officials. Drug related crime and violence doesn't seem to have diminished either.

That reminds me the time of U.S. history when England wanted more tOBacco and the colonists kept taking land from the Native Americans to grow tOBacco to keep up with the demands. It was terrible. Yes, for every farm they have, trees need to be taken down. People love their pots. Just like how people loved their cigerette and alcohol.

• Members

I was in Denver a few months ago and saw one the dispensaries. It was in the central business district that was hardly "seedy." Of course, there will be dispensaries in seedy places, just like their are pharmacies, doctor's offices and dentist in seedy areas. Poor people deserve access to medicine the same as the more fortunate. And oc course legalizing pot isn't going to stop all drug related crime. Nothing will stop crime, as we are a sinful batch. There will still be other drugs that remain illegal and provide the incentive for such crime. But that's not the point. The point is that most (and by most I mean the vast majority) of people that smoke pot are not otherwise violent or engaged in criminal activity. It is the fact that pot is illegal that makes them into criminals. If you legalize pot, you disaffect all of those people, decrease the burden on police, correctional facilities . . .

• Members

I was in Denver a few months ago and saw one the dispensaries. It was in the central business district that was hardly "seedy." Of course, there will be dispensaries in seedy places, just like their are pharmacies, doctor's offices and dentist in seedy areas. Poor people deserve access to medicine the same as the more fortunate. And oc course legalizing pot isn't going to stop all drug related crime. Nothing will stop crime, as we are a sinful batch. There will still be other drugs that remain illegal and provide the incentive for such crime. But that's not the point. The point is that most (and by most I mean the vast majority) of people that smoke pot are not otherwise violent or engaged in criminal activity. It is the fact that pot is illegal that makes them into criminals. If you legalize pot, you disaffect all of those people, decrease the burden on police, correctional facilities . . .

If you feel that way, then I wish people wouldn't make a criminal out of cigerette smokers either. Some people are very hyprocrite about that. Not everyone want a second - hand pot smokers around them and their children.

• Members

If you feel that way, then I wish people wouldn't make a criminal out of cigerette smokers either. Some people are very hyprocrite about that. Not everyone want a second - hand pot smokers around them and their children.

I'm a big believer in designated smoking areas in public. That way, the people that don't want to smoke or be affected by second hand smoke know where not to go, and the people who want to smoke have a designated area in which to excercise their right to smoke. But you can't really compare cigarettes and pot. They are made of up different chemicals that have different affects on the body. The only thing they really have in common is they are both smoked. There is actually very little smoke produced from pot. The smoke you see is actually from the burning of the paper the pot is rolled in. The active ingredient in pot (THC) is contained in vapor, not smoke. A friend of mine in college had a device called a vaporizer that actually burned the pot up (left nothing, not even ashes) and there was no smoke involved at all.

• Moderators

The location info was about 10 months ago as addressed by a Co state official and reported by a liberal news source (NPR), just relating in the same manner it was reported at that time (I live 185 mi from Denver and go there as little as possibe).

• Members

I'm a big believer in designated smoking areas in public. That way, the people that don't want to smoke or be affected by second hand smoke know where not to go, and the people who want to smoke have a designated area in which to excercise their right to smoke. But you can't really compare cigarettes and pot. They are made of up different chemicals that have different affects on the body. The only thing they really have in common is they are both smoked. There is actually very little smoke produced from pot. The smoke you see is actually from the burning of the paper the pot is rolled in. The active ingredient in pot (THC) is contained in vapor, not smoke. A friend of mine in college had a device called a vaporizer that actually burned the pot up (left nothing, not even ashes) and there was no smoke involved at all.

No wonder you call yourself "wild"! You cannot compare pot with booze either, they are totally different. While booze takes a lot to get a "buzz" pot does not. Someone could have a drink, and it affects their reaction, as in driving skills, but pot usually goes beyond that. I know, I smoked it for years, especially in the Army. We saw it as harmless, but we knew it wasn't. Pot could have gotten me killed in Vietnam at least 2 times! I could not react quickly, and could not remember what I was supposed to do when I saw an enemy sanpan coming my way. I had a radio, a weapon, and supposedly common sense (the latter somewhat lacking). It also "mellows" you out especially against violence. Woodstock bragged that there was no trouble among all those pot heads and that it would not be that way with booze--they were right! Booze brings out the animal in us, but pot makes us too pacifistic so that when life may be threatened, we jeopardize the lives of family and friends to easily when under the influence.

You said that it enhances emotions, as does liquor, but (if I may be so bold) liquor dampens your ability to function sexually, while pot exemplifies it. Again, look at Woodstock--nothing but one big orgy, and inhibitions were left at home when pot came in. Is that the kind of society we want?

The medical thing is only an excuse, just as we used to deny that it was evading reality when we smoked it but it was--that too was just an excuse. You can cite examples of people that it "helped" but there are multitudes that it hurt too, and those don't get top billing among some crowds. I used to say the same things, and yes, it led to hashish and LSD, and acid (purple haze) and on and on and many times ended in suicide.

I must say, from your other posts, I am appalled that you would even consider such an ungodly thought as legalizing something that puts us in euphoric, unreal state, and not where the Lord would have our minds to be. True liquor does it too, but it takes a lot more that one drink (as opposed to one joint) Of course, it matters not if I am disappointed in you, but I wonder what the Lord would say about it?

• Members

No wonder you call yourself "wild"! You cannot compare pot with booze either, they are totally different. While booze takes a lot to get a "buzz" pot does not. Someone could have a drink, and it affects their reaction, as in driving skills, but pot usually goes beyond that. I know, I smoked it for years, especially in the Army. We saw it as harmless, but we knew it wasn't. Pot could have gotten me killed in Vietnam at least 2 times! I could not react quickly, and could not remember what I was supposed to do when I saw an enemy sanpan coming my way. I had a radio, a weapon, and supposedly common sense (the latter somewhat lacking). It also "mellows" you out especially against violence. Woodstock bragged that there was no trouble among all those pot heads and that it would not be that way with booze--they were right! Booze brings out the animal in us, but pot makes us too pacifistic so that when life may be threatened, we jeopardize the lives of family and friends to easily when under the influence.

You said that it enhances emotions, as does liquor, but (if I may be so bold) liquor dampens your ability to function sexually, while pot exemplifies it. Again, look at Woodstock--nothing but one big orgy, and inhibitions were left at home when pot came in. Is that the kind of society we want?

The medical thing is only an excuse, just as we used to deny that it was evading reality when we smoked it but it was--that too was just an excuse. You can cite examples of people that it "helped" but there are multitudes that it hurt too, and those don't get top billing among some crowds. I used to say the same things, and yes, it led to hashish and LSD, and acid (purple haze) and on and on and many times ended in suicide.

I must say, from your other posts, I am appalled that you would even consider such an ungodly thought as legalizing something that puts us in euphoric, unreal state, and not where the Lord would have our minds to be. True liquor does it too, but it takes a lot more that one drink (as opposed to one joint) Of course, it matters not if I am disappointed in you, but I wonder what the Lord would say about it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not promoting the use of pot. I just don't think it should be illegal. Despite being illegal, it is used by millions of people here in the U.S. everyday, and has been being used since it first made its way here. I don't know why people think that if it were legal, then our entire society would all of a sudden change. Most likely, several people you come in contact with everyday smoke pot. The only difference that will occur if it were made legal is that they wouldn't have to hide it from the government. I live in one of the most conservative states in the Union and less than an ounce (which is a lot of pot for one person) is only a misdomeanor - the same as a speeding ticket. You pay a fine and go home and smoke some more. I think there is a strong argument that it cost our country more, both financially and otherwise, for it to be illegal than it would if it were legal.

In the end, I just don't beleive it is my jOB to police what everyone else is doing. It's none of my business what other people want to do with their body. Some people want to get "high" or drunk, and as bad as I might think that is, it's none of my business. They have their own life just like I have mine and they should be free to live it just as I am free to live mine. The only reason your everyday person wants it to be illegal is so they can control what others do, force their beliefs on others and try to direct society towards their idea of what is right. That's not America. Never has been, never will (God willing).

• Members

I understand. It's more like nasonex spray that my son take for allergies, right? Nasonex contain medicine in a spray form. I don't know what a vaporizer is though.

BUT, I keep reading how everyone think smoking it in the regular way is better. Edited by Psalms18_28

• Members

One of the argument about pots and driving, was that pots make you more paranoia (don't know the exact term for this type of sentence) therefore you drive more carefully. I had a laugh at that because I remember my drunk father and how slow he drove because he wanted to be more careful... paranoia, yep. Edited by Psalms18_28