• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What happens to babies during the Rapture?

• Members

Ah, but if life begins at conception, there has to be a soul - else what's in the womb is an animal. And then abortion wouldn't be so wrong, would it.....

Good point...although no matter what God has set human life as precious and has disallowed any killing of human life...just because He doesn't SAY when the soul enters in...

At one point I did believe that the soul entered at conception...and prOBably still do for the most part....the only thing is that logically speaking it sort of conflicts with the "all babies go to heaven" idea so.... I suppose God has it all worked out somehow! I suppose its likely all of them could be heavenly "spectators" who, like I said, may end up living as adults in the millenium and then making their choice. The Bible says the blood will be up to the horse's bridle...that's ALOT of blood...therefore ALOT of people...if you count all babies and children and then anyone born during the millenium...basically everyone in all of history except those in hell....no wonder the battle will be epic. IF that is a possible scenerio.

As an afterthought, it could be possible that in God's foreknowledge the early miscarriages may not have souls... I mean think about it, sometimes babies are born with "parasitic twins" that are not really humans, they are growths... the key to this idea would be that ONLY GOD knows which is which and it is never for us to say what it is, nor mess around with the womb to manipulate getting rid of life in any form. Often the early miscarriages die because of some sort of drastic genetic prOBlem that does not allow them to even live.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's why I was saying, though life begins at conception, nOBody really *knows* at what age the unborn baby has a soul that actually goes to heaven or hell.... logic (again) would seem to be against the idea of every 8 week miscarriage going to heaven but on the other hand I know that's an awful thought to Christians who have lost babies so... I guess John's right, some things are better left unrevealed I suppose!

James 2:26, "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

If a body is alive, that means there HAS to be a spirit inside of it. At the moment of conception, a baby has the entire DNA it will need for the rest of its life, so it is a complete body that just needs to grow and develop. It makes no sense that God would create a body and spirit, and leave the soul out for some undetermined amount of time. Then there are the examples of God calling Jeremiah IN the womb and John the Baptist acting like a holy roller IN the womb too.

There are several verses and examples in the Bible that teach that God uses (or salvages) bad things for good.

Ps. 76:10, "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee..."

Rom. 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

I think the weight of scripture definitely leans towards babies in the womb having a body, soul, and spirit and going to heaven if they die.

• Members

James 2:26, "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

If a body is alive, that means there HAS to be a spirit inside of it. At the moment of conception, a baby has the entire DNA it will need for the rest of its life, so it is a complete body that just needs to grow and develop. It makes no sense that God would create a body and spirit, and leave the soul out for some undetermined amount of time. Then there are the examples of God calling Jeremiah IN the womb and John the Baptist acting like a holy roller IN the womb too.

There are several verses and examples in the Bible that teach that God uses (or salvages) bad things for good.

Ps. 76:10, "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee..."

Rom. 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

I think the weight of scripture definitely leans towards babies in the womb having a body, soul, and spirit and going to heaven if they die.

Good verse (unless you want to argue spirit vs. soul haha)..... anyway then if that is the case, there must be some sort of "group" of people in heaven who did not choose, and somehow, maybe during the millenium, they have to be given the chance to choose.

Otherwise yeah as John said, we could just kill all the kids and give them all a free pass to heaven...

• Members

Forgive me, I've came into this conversation late and don't have time to read through all the post. If it has been discussed, can someone please direct me to the post(s) dealing with the idea of "age of accountability." If it has not been discussed, I would love to see someone with some familiarity start another thread to discuss the idea's origins and/or scriptural support.

• Members

Good verse (unless you want to argue spirit vs. soul haha)..... anyway then if that is the case, there must be some sort of "group" of people in heaven who did not choose, and somehow, maybe during the millenium, they have to be given the chance to choose.

Well, Adam and Eve never had to choose to accept Christ or anything like that until they fell. Same thing with babies, kinda.

• Members

Ah, but if life begins at conception, there has to be a soul - else what's in the womb is an animal. And then abortion wouldn't be so wrong, would it.....

Indeed, it's our soul that makes us more than just an animal. The way I read the verses which deal with God talking about those in the womb I do believe we are conceived fully human, soul included.

• Members

Another point to ponder is that Christ said the road to heaven is narrow and few find it. We know only a very small percentage of the population will enter heaven.

Now, consider the size of the New Jerusalem which we will be living in. It's a huge cube shaped city which would cover about half of America. Jesus also said in His house are many mansions. Is much of the New Jerusalem going to be empty? I can't recall the number but it was in the billions of how many could fit in the New Jerusalem very comfortably.

Will some of this space be filled by the babies and youngsters that have died over the centuries? Have they had a chance to make a choice at some point, in some area of heaven or will they all have to be returned to earth a the beginning of the Millenium?

Just some more thoughts to consider in all this.

• Members

Will some of this space be filled by the babies and youngsters that have died over the centuries? Have they had a chance to make a choice at some point, in some area of heaven or will they all have to be returned to earth a the beginning of the Millenium?

Just some more thoughts to consider in all this.

I think if they were returned that would be kinda weird.

But then grasshoppers with hair and teeth is kinda weird too.

• Members

I think if they were returned that would be kinda weird.

But then grasshoppers with hair and teeth is kinda weird too.

The first time I heard it I thought it was impossible...but the more I think about it....millions of people in heaven from "default" rather than a true choice...I dunno, it sounds more and more possible.

• Members

The first time I heard it I thought it was impossible...but the more I think about it....millions of people in heaven from "default" rather than a true choice...I dunno, it sounds more and more possible.

I'm sure once they get to heaven they'll choose Him. I don't think the people in the Old Testament got down on one knee and prayed, "Dear Jesus, forgive me for my sins, by faith I accept your sacrifice on Calvary for the payment for my sins..." But when Christ showed up and they were all hanging out in Paradise waiting for Him, there was no question of them accepting Him. :coolsmiley: Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

I'm sure once they get to heaven they'll choose Him. I don't think the people in the Old Testament got down on one knee and prayed, "Dear Jesus, forgive me for my sins, by faith I accept your sacrifice on Calvary for the payment for my sins..." But when Christ showed up and they were all hanging out in Paradise waiting for Him, there was no question of them accepting Him. :coolsmiley:

The people in Paradise were already "saved" by faith in the coming Christ, just as we are saved by looking back. Unless you want to start a thread on dispensationalism...