• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Discussion Topic - Can Lying Or Stealing Ever Be Acceptable?

• Members

What we should be getting from Scripture is that no Christian should ever lie. A Christian is to put their complete faith and trust in God under all circumstances.

God has proven Himself faithful to those who refuse to compromise and give in to sin. God doesn't need our "help" and God never puts us in a situation where we have to lie or commit any other sin.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm just saying that under certain circumstances and motives, its possible that what we judge as a "lie" may not be a "lie" in God's eyes. That's all. Not really debating. Just saying what I think.

Its okay if you think I'm being really sinful in my beliefs. haha. I doubt that I'll ever have to apply that belief in my own life. I try to be truthful in all things. Lying is actually something I did habitually when I was a child...when I got saved, God took that totally away and I've been painfully honest ever since. haha. Thus, instead of saying "Yes John81 I agree" in order to keep out of trouble, I am honestly saying what I think. LOL.

I'm saying that there is nothing in Scripture to tell me that during military deception or something like that its wrong to deceive the enemy.

I mean, God tells us to OBey the government...but throughout history when the government banned Christianity, they went underground. This is blessed of God (the early church thrived underground) and God blessed it by saying "We ought to OBey God rather than men." So we have to compare Scripture with Scripture...yeah we OBey our government unless they tell us to do something wrong.

So yes, we do not lie...UNLESS by telling the truth we hurt the cause of Christ, or endanger our family or country!

• Administrators

Joel has requested that this be locked, so I'm going to go ahead and do so. Just to clear something up, Joel, I was agreeing with Carl about not feeling this discussion is a waste of time. I realize you may have felt that I was commenting on your comment, but I wasn't. For what it's worth, there are many times that,even when scripture has been given, discussion needs to continue to iron things out in people's minds and hearts. Scripture has been given that seems to indicate a paradox, and thusly, it would be appropriate to say that the discussion actually isn't over. If someone wishes to begin another thread, feel free to do so.