• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hymns on iTunes

DennisD

• Members

Anyone have any luck finding good Christian Hymns that are just singing without instrumentals? Or maybe with piano or guitar? I have some luck but seems most have drums or don't really follow the hymnal music (as far as holding notes for a certain time and whatnot).

I'm specifically looking for "Mansion Over a Hilltop" and "It Is Well With My Soul" but am hoping to find an album with multiple wholesome Christian Hymns. I plan on singing "Mansion Over a Hilltop" as a special at Church this weekend and just wondered if anyone had any tips for searching on iTunes.

Thanks.

• Members

A couple months back I bought an album called 100 Best Loved Hymns and it's pretty good. But I found I had to go through them to pick out the ones that I believed were what I was looking for. Here is the list I can up with, still missing quite a few of my favorites (I typed them fast I might have messed up a few):

Amazing Grace
Blessed Assurance
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Rock of Ages
Savior Like a Shepherd
Love Divine
Love Lifted Me
Trust and OBey
Wonderful Words of Life
There Is a Name I Love to Hear
Blessed Redeemer
Whiter Than Snow
Revive Us Again
Since Jesus Came Into My Heart
Jesus Paid it All
No Not One
Take the Name of Jesus
Victory in Jesus
What a friend We Have in Jesus
I am Bound for the Promised Land
We'll Understand it Better
Count Your Blessings
Glory to His Name
There Shall Be Showers
Open My Eyes That I May See
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
Old Rugged cross
Fairest Lord Jesus
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Guide Me Thou Great Jehovah
Redeemed
Stand Up Stand Up for Jesus
Onward christian soldiers
All the Way My Savior Leads Me
We Are Marching to Zion
Just As I Am
In the Sweet Bye and Bye
There Is Power In the Blood
Like a River Glorious
There Is a Fountain
Shall We Gather At the River
I Love to Tell the Story
Pass Me Not O Gentle Savior
Lily of the valley
I Need Thee Every Hour
Sweet Hour of Prayer
I Know Whom I Have Believed
More Love to THee O Christ
Praise Him, Praise Him
When We All Get to Heaven
My Jesus I Love Thee
Softly and Tenderly
Heavenly Sunlight
Higher Ground
I Know That My Redeemer Liveth

• Members

Harding University Concert Choir is from my home state. Once in a while when leaving church service on Sunday evenings I will hear a 30 minute program of their singing. That is a coC University.

I'm amazed at the number of people who record some of our old hymns that adds a new sound to them, in doing so I feel they ruin some very good songs. The other day I heard a woman singing 'How Great Thou Are,' she butchered up this song very bad, although she had a very good voice.

I might add, some of them now days adds so much music to their songs that you can hardly hear the words or the voice doing the singing.

• Members

Harding University Concert Choir is from my home state. Once in a while when leaving church service on Sunday evenings I will hear a 30 minute program of their singing. That is a coC University.

I'm amazed at the number of people who record some of our old hymns that adds a new sound to them, in doing so I feel they ruin some very good songs. The other day I heard a woman singing 'How Great Thou Are,' she butchered up this song very bad, although she had a very good voice.

I might add, some of them now days adds so much music to their songs that you can hardly hear the words or the voice doing the singing.

:thumb: I agree

• 3 months later...