• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who would this be?

• Members

Aliens???? Populating other planets in eternity?

The aliens thing is a weird teaching, but it is by no means something that is emphasised in his eschatological teachings.

The gentile nations populating other planets has Scripture to it. The increase of Christ's kingdom never ends. There's nothing weird or heretical about that teaching, unless you want to call Clarence Larkin a heritic.

Where is his teaching on prophecy "overall incredibly messed up"?

Anyway...he's not qualified to be a pastor according to the King James Version of the Bible, having been married three times, divorced twice.

Separate issue. We're talking about end times. Like I said before, his teaching on prophecy is right on down the line with Clarence Larkin. Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

The aliens thing is a weird teaching, but it is by no means something that is emphasised in his eschatological teachings.

The gentile nations populating other planets has Scripture to it. The increase of Christ's kingdom never ends. There's nothing weird or heretical about that teaching, unless you want to call Clarence Larkin a heritic.

Where is his teaching on prophecy "overall incredibly messed up"?

Separate issue. We're talking about end times. Like I said before, his teaching on prophecy is right on down the line with Clarence Larkin.

Clarence Larkin is an extremist dispensationalist. His charts are off in some areas that are critical to fundamental Baptist doctrine, and eschatology.

• Members

Mystery Man?
(Hope this is the right category)

Rev 19:10 "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Who do you think this brother is? We see Him as an authority figure in Heaven, but he remains unnamed. Any suggestions?

It could be anyone. Rev. is a mystery so we won't know the whole picture until the time come. But I do know that he is not to be worshipped so there's no need to know who it is for the time being.

At first, I thought it might be John. But I figured it is an angel. Edited by Psalms18_28

• Members

It could be anyone. Rev. is a mystery so we won't know the whole picture until the time come. But I do know that he is not to be worshipped so there's no need to know who it is for the time being.

At first, I thought it might be John. But I figured it is an angel.

Someone gas suggested that (An angel), but I don't think so. As you have said though, it doesn't really matter much--just a matter of curiosity. Daniel is as good as any, but I go along with the fact that it could be "anyone" too. We just don't know. I just wondered if anyone had a hint from Scripture as to who it might be. Whoever it is he must have a very special place in Heaven. Edited by irishman

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Of course there is no way to know--I merely thought it a good topic to muse on. Hopefully none of us become stuck on any certain character; It is quite interesting that this was a redeemed one that became a spokesman for our God though. OBviously, the Lord did not name him, so it is better, I suppose, that we do not try to either.

Just curious as to what light might be given on this.