• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Free Bible College; online video, Independent Baptist

• Members

You are looking for something a little more official. I enjoy taking the classes but it's not accredited. The Pastor of the Church does classes for his Church members on Saturdays and Sundays (between Church services) I believe. He records them, writes up class notes, study notes, exams, etc. I don't want to marginalize it because it's been a blessing for sure but from what I've seen of your others posts, you are looking for something a little more professional (accreditation, textbooks, etc). Just my opinion.

You pinpointed my needs precisely. Thanks

• Members

I have taking free online courses from various places but this place is the best. I really enjoy the teaching and even though it is not accredited in a human way I believe it is in a Heavenly way. I have already completed several courses and I am enjoying this year's courses.

Edited by MatthewDiscipleOfGod

• Members

Maybe you got me wrong on that, I'd have no prOBlem going to these folk's church. If there was no other option for a Bible school I'd also have no prOBlem with doing this one, I called them "great folks" and I like their statement of faith. I just disagree on the local church part. :)

I know, just giving you a hard time brother.

• Members

Thanks for this post. I began praying about attending during my morning devotions. I need to speak with my pastor about it.

We're busy these next few days. Our chairman of the deacons has gone home to glory and we're all a little strapped for time right now. Our pastor will hold the services and they are tomorrow.

• Members

Thanks for this post. I began praying about attending during my morning devotions. I need to speak with my pastor about it.

We're busy these next few days. Our chairman of the deacons has gone home to glory and we're all a little strapped for time right now. Our pastor will hold the services and they are tomorrow.

Several years ago, not many months after I was called to this church, we had a great church leader, a deacon, that died. That was a tough time, yet i can say about holding his funeral service, it was both easy and hard. Anyone that has been in that position knows exactly how it is. What is hard is to hold a funeral service for someone you know has gone through the gates of hell, there is nothing easy about that. At such times I am just thankful for the privileged of getting the opportunity to proclaim the Gospel and the support my Savior gives me.

• Members
You might get some very good teaching & Bible training from them... HOWEVER, I would encourage you to read their doctrine & statement of
faith carefully. They are extremely separated & narrow in their doctrine (KJV worship, Baptist-bride, closed communion, anti-mission board, etc...)
I'm sure all that will come up in the courses they present.

This is a reply I received from a very close friend.

Paraphrase: For a strong, mature believer, I'm sure they could work through it all.

So, I will enroll but after they upload 1st year course work. I want to work through the entire 4 years of lessons.

• Members

I'm unsure a Pastor of a Church that was "KJV Worship" would say the NIV has some truth to it and that someone could get saved by reading it. But, that's just my take on it. I don't know what anti-mission board is. I see no prOBlems with closed communion whatsoever, I think it's the best way to keep people from eating unto damnation. If you are closed, you don't have a member of a church that isn't in good standing just coming on in. Yeah, it is on them but why would we want that on us (if they partake of the Lord's supper and end up getting very ill or dead because they were not right with God?)

They might be Baptist bride, seems to me a lot of those your friend mentioned can be non-essentials and I've seen good biblical arguments for those issues.

• Members

I'm unsure a Pastor of a Church that was "KJV Worship" would say the NIV has some truth to it and that someone could get saved by reading it. But, that's just my take on it. I don't know what anti-mission board is. I see no prOBlems with closed communion whatsoever, I think it's the best way to keep people from eating unto damnation. If you are closed, you don't have a member of a church that isn't in good standing just coming on in. Yeah, it is on them but why would we want that on us (if they partake of the Lord's supper and end up getting very ill or dead because they were not right with God?)

They might be Baptist bride, seems to me a lot of those your friend mentioned can be non-essentials and I've seen good biblical arguments for those issues.

Most Bible "versions" contain enough of the Gospel the Holy Ghost can bring one to salvation in Christ through them. I know of many people who were saved while using MVs. While I wasn't saved through an MV, at the time I was saved the only Bible I had and read was an RSV. I even know one young man who was saved while reading the Living Bible, thought that "Bible" seems so exceedingly watered down to me I have no idea how it happened other than by the grace of God.

Anyway, I know many who are KJO that believe one can be saved through a MV but they all believe in order for full spiritual maturity and growth to take place they need to get into the KJB as soon as possible.