• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Testimony

• Members

I grew up as a steadfast Roman Catholic (whatever that is), went to Church just about every week and always went on Christmas and Easter. Was baptized in the Catholic Church. Had first communion (eating of body and blood of Christ) in the Catholic Church. Was confirmed in the Catholic Church (where you accept Jesus as your savior supposedly). Confirmation was never really explained to me and I'm sure most if not all kids at that age are just going through the motions...confirmation is like a pre-cursor to High School graduation...you get a bunch of money, the spotlight is on you (not on Jesus Christ as it should be) and you get an extra middle name (picked from the list of saints). I never accepted Christ at that time, I barely had even read a Bible since the Catholic Church seems to disdain keeping Bibles in the pews. I was a "good" teenager, didn't go to parties, didn't do any drugs and very active in Boy Scouts (received Eagle Scout shortly before I graduated High School).

I entered the Marine Corps July 1997 and while I had a fun time, things spiritually were getting farther and farther away from me. I drank more beer and hard liquor in a day than most people would in a month. I floated checks so I could buy booze. I was prOBably close to being an alcholic but I was single and didn't have many cares in the world.

Thank God he sent me a wife (albeit a lost wife), my way and I straightened out a bit. We had a child and I stopped partying and became more responsible...I was only 20 at the time. But we were still two lost sinners on our way to Hell but now we had a son who was born into a lost family and it cracks me up to think what could have happened to him if we didn't get on the right path. I went on 1 ship deployment and 2 deployments to Iraq (with another son born to us 3 weeks before I left on my first deployment to Iraq). I still didn't care about but I might have prayed a couple times to keep me safe and to keep my family safe. Praise God he kept me safe and he kept my wife safe so that she could lead me to the Lord. I didn't take it well at first, she would witness to me and I wouldn't hear it. I was a GOOD person! I haven't killed anyone! I'm not a socerer or a whoremonger! I'm not any of those things! Oh, what's this...if I'm a liar I'm going to hell to? That's where God catches all of us...we've all told a lie before and I knew I was a dirty rotten liar. But I still put my blinders on! I still resisted and even contemplated divorcing my wife so I didn't have to live with some Bible thumper. It chokes me up a bit thinking back on how angry and insensitive I was to her, I'm glad she forgave me. I can to truly know and believe on Jesus Christ in late Feb 2005 when I was 25 years old and had two sons age 4 and 2. I'm so happy God gave me another chance to be a part of His family so that I can give the Gospel to my children and to my family is lost so that they may know Him.

As many of you know I still continued to drink after I got saved...my testimony and witnessing just wasn't important to me. Sure, I was still saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and my life did change quite significantly but the alcohol and cussing still stayed with me. Recently I posted a message on here about alcohol and it opened my eyes, I really started getting into the word and learning what references to wine really meant and asking God to take the blinders off...make me understand what it is He wants me to do. I've been alcohol free for a couple months now I think (it doesn't matter how long it's been just that I keep doing it) and I've never had a clearer mind. I'm eager and crave the knowlede that his word holds...I've learned more in these last couple months than I have my entire life. Not only do I read my Bible mutliple times daily and go to Church 3-4 times a week...I listen to sermons on iTunes when I'm not in Church...I hae this new energy and craving to learn and to live for God. It's an exciting feeling and I wanna share it with everyone.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I grew up as a steadfast Roman Catholic (whatever that is), went to Church just about every week and always went on Christmas and Easter. Was baptized in the Catholic Church. Had first communion (eating of body and blood of Christ) in the Catholic Church. Was confirmed in the Catholic Church (where you accept Jesus as your savior supposedly). Confirmation was never really explained to me and I'm sure most if not all kids at that age are just going through the motions...confirmation is like a pre-cursor to High School graduation...you get a bunch of money, the spotlight is on you (not on Jesus Christ as it should be) and you get an extra middle name (picked from the list of saints). I never accepted Christ at that time, I barely had even read a Bible since the Catholic Church seems to disdain keeping Bibles in the pews. I was a "good" teenager, didn't go to parties, didn't do any drugs and very active in Boy Scouts (received Eagle Scout shortly before I graduated High School).

I entered the Marine Corps July 1997 and while I had a fun time, things spiritually were getting farther and farther away from me. I drank more beer and hard liquor in a day than most people would in a month. I floated checks so I could buy booze. I was prOBably close to being an alcholic but I was single and didn't have many cares in the world.

Thank God he sent me a wife (albeit a lost wife), my way and I straightened out a bit. We had a child and I stopped partying and became more responsible...I was only 20 at the time. But we were still two lost sinners on our way to Hell but now we had a son who was born into a lost family and it cracks me up to think what could have happened to him if we didn't get on the right path. I went on 1 ship deployment and 2 deployments to Iraq (with another son born to us 3 weeks before I left on my first deployment to Iraq). I still didn't care about but I might have prayed a couple times to keep me safe and to keep my family safe. Praise God he kept me safe and he kept my wife safe so that she could lead me to the Lord. I didn't take it well at first, she would witness to me and I wouldn't hear it. I was a GOOD person! I haven't killed anyone! I'm not a socerer or a whoremonger! I'm not any of those things! Oh, what's this...if I'm a liar I'm going to hell to? That's where God catches all of us...we've all told a lie before and I knew I was a dirty rotten liar. But I still put my blinders on! I still resisted and even contemplated divorcing my wife so I didn't have to live with some Bible thumper. It chokes me up a bit thinking back on how angry and insensitive I was to her, I'm glad she forgave me. I can to truly know and believe on Jesus Christ in late Feb 2005 when I was 25 years old and had two sons age 4 and 2. I'm so happy God gave me another chance to be a part of His family so that I can give the Gospel to my children and to my family is lost so that they may know Him.

As many of you know I still continued to drink after I got saved...my testimony and witnessing just wasn't important to me. Sure, I was still saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and my life did change quite significantly but the alcohol and cussing still stayed with me. Recently I posted a message on here about alcohol and it opened my eyes, I really started getting into the word and learning what references to wine really meant and asking God to take the blinders off...make me understand what it is He wants me to do. I've been alcohol free for a couple months now I think (it doesn't matter how long it's been just that I keep doing it) and I've never had a clearer mind. I'm eager and crave the knowlede that his word holds...I've learned more in these last couple months than I have my entire life. Not only do I read my Bible mutliple times daily and go to Church 3-4 times a week...I listen to sermons on iTunes when I'm not in Church...I hae this new energy and craving to learn and to live for God. It's an exciting feeling and I wanna share it with everyone.

Joined the Marines? Boy, you were a sinner! (Go Army!)

• Members

Praise God!

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Taking a stand takes the Holy Spirit working through the man.

• 3 months later...