• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What do you think?

• Members
Does anyone get the feeling the devil is seriously using people with vastly different doctrinal beliefs than we do to break up our board or corrupt it? It is discouraging to me. I'm going to add this in particular to my prayer list.

You are correct bzmomo7, and it just proves once again that this board is trying to do a work for the LORD, else why would the devil be attacking it. I'm reminded of that verse in times like this that says we shoud not be overcome by evil but rather overcome evil with good.

• Members

Could be the devil...but humans are so corrupt these days that we may be giving Satan too much credit. LOL.

This board has been through alot....I think we'll keep making it! God is good, and we have a great admins.

• Members

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant: because your aduersary the deuill, as a roaring Lion walketh about, seeking whom he may deuoure.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the deuill.
Eph 6:12 For wee wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darknes of this world, against spirituall wickednes in high places.

From KJ 1611

I'm sure we probably at time give credit to the old devil when he had not been involved, but at the same time I feel we fail to give the old devil all the credit he deserves. Many Christians believe in Jesus but does not believe that old sneaky devil of which the Bible warns us even exist. Perhaps they picture him as only a cartoon character running around in red flannel underwear carrying a pitchfork.

• Members

.....Greater is he that is in you...than he that is in the world! There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. The wicked flee when no man persueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion....

So to the devil and his puppets who threaten war, even on this site, I say "quit talking and bring it on.....this is a battlefield" ....Christians put on the armour of God and stand in the day of battle and fight the good fight.... fear not them which can kill the body but after that are powerless....but rather fear him who is able to cast the body and soul into hell..... I shall not fear a whipped dog whose end is near and whose barking hath no effect upon me....nor shall I fear that wicked who must get permission from the Almighty to even step in my yard.

I come here for fellowship with other soldiers of the cross....and that is what we are. Shall we not expect an attack whilst we are yet on the battle field? Keep the armour on....keep the sword at hand... we are on the winning side!

• Members
.....Greater is he that is in you...than he that is in the world! There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. The wicked flee when no man persueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion....

So to the devil and his puppets who threaten war, I say "quit talking and bring it on.....this is a battlefield" ....Christians put on the armour of God and stand in the day of battle and fight the good fight.... fear not them which can kill the body but after that are powerless....but rather fear him who is able to cast the body and soul into hell..... I shall not fear a whipped dog whose end is near and whose barking hath no effect upon me....nor shall I fear that wicked who must get permission from the Almighty to even step in my yard.

I come here for fellowship with other soldiers of the cross....and that is what we are. Shall we not expect an attack whilst we are yet on the battle field? Keep the armour on....keep the sword at hand... we are on the winning side!

Oh, I agree! We're in a battle whether we like it or not......might as well put up a good fight. It's just that I could name quite a few people who I've not seen post here in quite some time and others who seemed discouraged and disappeared altogether. What is the appropriate way to respond to the scoffers who come on? (I'm not talking about the ones seeking information, but the ones who come on with a lot of "knowledge" and start proclaiming their version of "Truth" with authority.) Sometimes I feel like they are trying to run us off our own board and make it like all the other more liberal ones out there.

What is the appropriate way to respond to the scoffers who come on? (I'm not talking about the ones seeking information, but the ones who come on with a lot of "knowledge" and start proclaiming their version of "Truth" with authority.) Sometimes I feel like they are trying to run us off our own board and make it like all the other more liberal ones out there.

When people like that join they usually either leave fairly shortly of their own free will or they end up getting banned sooner or later. There is a board rule against coming to the board just to argue doctrine. Obviously that is somewhat subjective, but when a individual such as a catholic, pentecostal, JW, etc. comes to the site and their attitude clearly shows they are only here to "prove us wrong", they are dealt with eventually. In the mean time as far as the proper way to respond, you are welcome to either address their claims for the benefit of others(they usually have no intention of listening themselves) or you can ignore them. Just try not to let them annoy you to much. That is their goal.

• Members

[quote="bzmomo7"][quote="PastorHarrison"].....Greater is he that is in you...than he that is in the world! There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. The wicked flee when no man persueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion....

So to the devil and his puppets who threaten war, I say "quit talking and bring it on.....this is a battlefield" ....Christians put on the armour of God and stand in the day of battle and fight the good fight.... fear not them which can kill the body but after that are powerless....but rather fear him who is able to cast the body and soul into hell..... I shall not fear a whipped dog whose end is near and whose barking hath no effect upon me....nor shall I fear that wicked who must get permission from the Almighty to even step in my yard.

I come here for fellowship with other soldiers of the cross....and that is what we are. Shall we not expect an attack whilst we are yet on the battle field? Keep the armour on....keep the sword at hand... we are on the winning side![/quote]

Oh, I agree! We're in a battle whether we like it or not......might as well put up a good fight. It's just that I could name quite a few people who I've not seen post here in quite some time and others who seemed discouraged and disappeared altogether. What is the appropriate way to respond to the scoffers who come on? (I'm not talking about the ones seeking information, but the ones who come on with a lot of "knowledge" and start proclaiming their version of "Truth" with authority.) Sometimes I feel like they are trying to run us off our own board and make it like all the other more liberal ones out there.[/quote]

Well....hmm....two thoughts:

1. Deal with their nonsense and false doctrine sharply & scripturally, through your own study and discernment so that, as Seth pointed out, readers get to see the right and the wrong. (Of course the qualifyer is that I've noticed here boards get shut down instead of the false doctrine prolific).

2. Be mindful, that if I were Satan and I knew of this board...and saw it as a threat, I'd put a puppet or so, maybe more, on it to sow false teaching and false doctrine... I'd use Christians...they fit into Christian circles better than wolves, but I'd send Christians who are so full of Biblical ignorance, wrath, envy, railings, and so carnal and worldly that their pride would do all the work for me here..... sad but true.

Even if they only do a little damage, sow a little strife, cause a little division....they've tangled up the wheels here, slowed down the board, caused confusion in the minds of weaker Christians and so angered the good workers of God here that they're not working. Is it worth it to me? Yep!!!! Doesn't cost me a dime!

We're not ignorant of his devices..... yes, you are right, we're in the last days.....the battle is getting hot and is scheduled to get much hotter still. Christians are dying for their faith in many places....we can expect some persecution here too before its over! It ought not discourage us....it ought remind us this is a battleground.... We ought be praying for each other to stand resolute!

When the smoke clears.....we win! :cool

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I don't just agree completely with what you said but how you put it makes me want to stand up to every problem maker/ false doctrine quoter here. All I need to do is quote scripture!! Amen!! You just say it like it is and I love you for it!

So to the devil and his puppets who threaten war, even on this site, I say "quit talking and bring it on.....this is a battlefield" ....Christians put on the armour of God and stand in the day of battle and fight the good fight.... fear not them which can kill the body but after that are powerless....but rather fear him who is able to cast the body and soul into hell..... I shall not fear a whipped dog whose end is near and whose barking hath no effect upon me....nor shall I fear that wicked who must get permission from the Almighty to even step in my yard.