• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Easter

• Members

I had the privilege of preaching at a church in the area on Sunday. In the evening service, I went through the last week of Christ. After completing the lesson, I opened it up to questions. One question was, "why is easter celebrated on different Sunday's every year?" After explaining that the holiday Easter is actually a pagan holiday celebrating fertility and that it's symbol is the bunny and the egg. Lights turned on and one individual responsed that maybe they shouldn't participate in the local easter egg hunt.

Not the purpose of my message, but praise the Lord, somebody actually figured out that Jesus is the reason for the resurrection and we shouldn't be celebrating bunnies.

• Members

where I live, they have this tradition of knocking eggs and saying 'Christ has risen' and then the person whose egg got knocked replies: 'Christ has risen indeed'. Everyone emphasizes the so-called 'holiness' of this day.

Edited by Amaryllis

• Administrators

There was a young fellow who was a bit different from the other boys in His Sunday School class. They always made fun of him and just didn't treat him well (and this shows the poor teaching they got at home...). The Sunday before Easter, the teacher gave each boy a plastic egg and told them they needed to put something in it that spoke of spring and Easter, and bring it back on Easter.

Easter Sunday came, and the boys were all in their places, excited about what was in their eggs. The teacher opened each one, one at a time. Flowers. grass blades, leaves all spoke of spring and the beginning of growth. Then came the different boy's egg. When the teacher opened his egg, there was nothing in it! All of the boys began to chuckle and make unkind comments. The different young boy simply said, "The egg represents the empty tomb..."

• Members

There be many uninformed people out there that will teach our Christian children to do many unethical things.

Sad to say, there be many church leaders that do not know any better & or know better but still let unethical things come in and be taught to our children and or in our churches.

I to am quite amazed that so many Christians can be shown where such junk comes from, yet will hold on to and defend.

• Members

HE IS RISEN

1 Corr 15:12 ¶ Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Paul received it from Christ.

1 Corr 15: 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, OT scriptures, that is.
1 Corr 15:4 And that he was buried, He was dead, not in a swoon, we don't bury dead people. and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: He was visible and was seen
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, They could have been asked, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

He was seen and touched says John. 1 John 1: 1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
Also:
John 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 ¶ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

HE IS RISEN

Our faith is not in vain.

Praise the Lord.