• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Life on other planets ??????????

• Members

Everything God created in the 6 days of Creation was on earth. The entire Bible is introduced with the "earth", practically, other than the heavens, which is the sky, and then where God lives.

how would you react if they did find life. I'm not saying the bible isn't true. I don't think there is no other life out there. But I am not going to give up my faith over it if they did find life.

• Members

how would you react if they did find life. I'm not saying the bible isn't true. I don't think there is no other life out there. But I am not going to give up my faith over it if they did find life.

Actually I can confidently say they won't...not counting supernatural "life" as in angels/demons...but they won't find animal or human life not on earth.

If I had time I am fairly certain I could prove it from Scripture but I'm heading out right now. :-)

God has the power to create life where, when, and howsoever He chooses.
God is the creator of all and any life.
God did not feel the need to reveal to me anything about life on other planets.
God's word clearly focuses on Christ in both the OT and NT.
It seems to me the emphasis in my Bible is to dwell on "spirit and truth" worship of God.
So my reply to the author of the Bible in question is, how does your theory edify?

• Members

God made His highest creation (man) in His image/likeness - then came in the image/likeness of man. How would some alien race even fit in there? Better hope they never fell into sin - because Jesus became a man to die ONCE for the sins of man. No hope for other fallen races.

• Members

I beleive that life was intended to be on other planets. Eventually with no death man would have had to spread out to the other planets. This may explain the dried up river beds and such. But with the fall God shut the door on populating the heavens. We're stuck on this rock until sin is taken care of.

Psalms 115:16
The heaven, even the HEAVENS, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Maybe when things are made anew man will be able to populate the other planets.

• Members

Knowing that man would sin before He ever created man - why would God foolishly create other planets to be inhabitable, then later remove those conditions when man sinned? It would make sense to either not do it at all, or wait until His creation is restored before making other planets habitable. Sin has not gone to those other planets (fallen man is on this planet - and Satan has been cast down to this one) - so our sin would not effect other "inhabitable" planets and make them inhabitable.

• Members

Knowing that man would sin before He ever created man - why would God foolishly create other planets to be inhabitable, then later remove those conditions when man sinned?

Knowing that man would sin why would God create anything, period? The whole earth travails and groans because of the fall of man.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

God has the power to create life where, when, and howsoever He chooses.
God is the creator of all and any life.
God did not feel the need to reveal to me anything about life on other planets.
God's word clearly focuses on Christ in both the OT and NT.
It seems to me the emphasis in my Bible is to dwell on "spirit and truth" worship of God.
So my reply to the author of the Bible in question is, how does your theory edify?

Thanks for your post. I agree with your reply.

...Bob

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Perhaps a better question is "why are there other planets if there is no life on them?"

The fact there are other planets in existence will always have man guessing if they are inhabited or not, man will always question their reason for being?

Personally, I believe God intended for man to eventually be fruitful and multiply throughout the universe on these other planets, just consider what would have happened if Adam & Eve had not sinned and lived forever along with all of their offspring, and their offspring, and theirs, etc, etc...soon enough God would have to speak the word and get the next planet ready for colonization. Hollywood has been portraying this for years!

The "planets" are only recorded once in scripture, and the context is idol worship:

2 Kings 23:5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.

I believe one day there will probably be life on other planets, but it won't be during this life, but in that which is to come...

• Members

Perhaps a better question is "why are there other planets if there is no life on them?"

The fact there are other planets in existence will always have man guessing if they are inhabited or not, man will always question their reason for being?

Personally, I believe God intended for man to eventually be fruitful and multiply throughout the universe on these other planets, just consider what would have happened if Adam & Eve had not sinned and lived forever along with all of their offspring, and their offspring, and theirs, etc, etc...soon enough God would have to speak the word and get the next planet ready for colonization. Hollywood has been portraying this for years!

The "planets" are only recorded once in scripture, and the context is idol worship:

2 Kings 23:5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.

I believe one day there will probably be life on other planets, but it won't be during this life, but in that which is to come...

This is what I think. Can I prove it? No.

By the way, there have only been 519 other planets discovered and the majority of them are gas giants (similar to Jupiter). I believe there are only three other planets outside our solar system that have been discovered that are similar to earth (called Super-Earths). Even with those "earths" scientists have never actually seen them with the naked eye (i.e. telescope). It's pretty much guess work based on observing the host star.

• Members

Whatever future purpose any planets might have, at the moment they are set perfectly for the benefit of earth. When one studies the "interaction" of the planets it becomes clear they are set just right to serve as needed gravity factors, deflectors and other useful things. As Scripture would indicate, even the creation in space was set forth for the benefit of man.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

My problem with the idea of sentient life on other planets (i.e. aliens) is this: the Bible says that the WHOLE creation groaneth and travaileth in pain because of the results of sin. Thus, if there were sentient beings on other planets, they must thus be under the curse of sin just as we are. So, even though they are not of Adam's seed, they would be (unjustly) suffering the consequences of Adam's sin. And how could such beings be saved from the consequences of sin that they must be suffering, since they are, again, not of Adam's seed, and thus could have no Kinsman-Redeemer in Jesus Christ?

Just my :twocents: on this issue. Any thoughts/corrections welcome.