• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A classmate

• Members

Today one of my classmates from 1965 was buried. He was a very friendly person and it seemed that through the years he got to know most everyone across the county. I was thinking back on his life, not in a judgmental way, but thinking about his life, the things he did. And please, I know I fall way short of the glory of God, but with some people I just fail to understand them at all.

He married one of our classmates, I'm not sure how long they were married, but I think it was just very few short years. She had a daughter before they married and he adopted her. Anyway they divorced, I understand never having anything to do with this adopter daughter again. Them he married a woman who I will say was simple minded. A sweet woman, but she did not have much intelligence. They had one daughter who is somewhat challenged.

During part of this marriage we worked together, but things were going on that I did not know about till later on. On weekends he would be gone all weekend, leaving them at home, without food or money. I found out about this after their marriage was over with through a mutual friend, he and his wife were furnishing his wife and child food, and at times heat ,firewood, in the winter months.

On weekends I'm not sure of all that he did, but one of the things he was doing was attending the local Eagle's Club, where drinking and dancing was taking place. He met his present wife there and for some time he lived with her on weekends leaving his wife and child at home with nothing. he finally divorced his wife to marry her. After which he got another trailer house which he moved onto the property where the trailer house set where his ex-wife and daughter lived. For years she lived there, but finally moved back home to take care of her mother in her old age. She did tell my wife she could not take it no more, she had to get away from her ex-husband and his wife.

During the last few years he and wife went to church fairly steady I hear, also I understand they still loved to attend the Eagle's. Today they had his funeral service, his pastor, and his pastor's wife who is ordained preceded at his funeral services. Yes, the church they attended believes in speaking in tongues, women preachers and pastors and such. I did not attend.

I really home he repented of everything, that he did turn his life around, that he did have Jesus as Savior. But I still, at 63 years of age, cannot understand the things many people do. The hurt they cause to those they claim to love.

It hurts to see someone you've know for most of your life do such things And of course when they are in the middle of wrong doing the last thing they want is for a friend to point of all the wrong they're doing, such people will quickly tell you to mind your own business, I know this 1st hand.

All that said, I know I can never understand such things. PrOBably some, perhaps even many of you know someone who is similar to this person. How can they do this? I'm just glad that we do have a Father, and a Savior, that we can trust Him, and there will be a day when He comfort those done so wrong and have been hurt so bad.

• Members

unfortunately, I am too familiar with this type of story. Which why I keep hearing people say men are pigs. Some men are selfish like that. Not all are like that though(and I hold them with Great esteem).

oh and women can be just as bad.

I'm glad he turned his life around. It's too sad he didn't do that a long time ago.

• Members

This story could be about any of us but for the grace of God.

He saved my soul when I didn't deserve it. I was saved in 1984 and was busy doing the devils work. Thank the Lord I heard the preaching of the Word!

I really don't know that many men, I've know several drunks, who have left their wife and young child at home every weekend without money, food, heat, while they spend every weekend partying and staying with friends. Most infidels do not treat their wife and children in this manner.

I found out today a pastor friend of mines son's wife left him and their 2 children this week and ran off to another state.

But believe me, in making this post I did not imply the least bit that I deserved the grace God has shown me, nor to be saved, and I know well I fall way to short of the glory of God.

I just can't understand the least bit how any man can do such a rotten thing to his wife and his own baby girl, and as previously stated, I hope he truly repented and accepted Jesus as Savior, but its true, the church he attends is suspect, and may well not teach salvation comes only because of the mercy God has had on by grace through faith in Jesus Chris, not of self, not of works, that its a gift.