• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Using Creation Science Materials

• Administrators

Enlarged March 17, 2010 (first published January 27, 2010) (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article) -

The field of creation science has grown by leaps since the publication of The Genesis Flood in 1962 by Henry Morris and John Whitcomb. There are many organizations and publishers that promote the creationist viewpoint, including The Institute for Creation Research (1970) and Answers in Genesis (founded in Australia in the 1970s as the Creation Science Foundation).

Since the 1990s, the Intelligent Design (ID) movement has broadened the attack on Darwinism. Though ID proponents typically are not Bible believers and might even claim to be agnostic in regard to the identity of the Designer, they argue that the Darwinian mechanisms of natural selection and random mutations are insufficient to explain the facts that exist in life. William Dembski says that the basic claim of ID is that “there are natural systems that cannot be adequately explained in terms of undirected natural forces and that exhibit features which in any other circumstance we would attribute to intelligence” (The Design Revolution, p. 27). Intelligent Design proponents point to the intricate design that we see everywhere, from the DNA molecule and the living cell to the perfectly balanced conditions on earth that allow life to exist. Influential ID books include Michael Behe’s Of Panda’s and People (1989) and Darwin’s Black Box (1996), which argue the concept of “irreducible complexity,” Phillip Johnson’s Darwin on Trial (1991), William Dembski’s The Design Inference (1998), and Stephen Myer’s Signature in the Cell (2009).

BENEFITS OF CREATION SCIENCE MATERIALS

Today there are a vast number of books and DVDs, even entire school curriculums, that debunk Darwinian evolution from various perspectives, and there are many benefits that derive from the use of these materials.

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I thoroughly enjoy David Clouds weekly writings! I couldnt agree more w/any man than this one! I agree w/him on the fact that we need to be discerning on how and how much we use creation science materials in our daily witness/ministry.
We have a man at our church who wrote a huge S.S.booklet on creation science vs.evolution.I have ALWAYS had some conviction about this from the standpoint that he seems to delve TOO deeply into it for the stated pupose of ``giving the lost a better understanding to lead them to CHRIST .
My question would then be : IS NOT Gods Word wholely sufficient in and of itself to lead a soul to Christ ?If so then isnt it also sufficient in and of itself to TEACH the saved in Christ THE WAY to witness to the lost ?
I know this might sound like a rhetorical question ,but I do get perplexed on such matters that seem SO scripturally simple to me .
Would appreciate any and all feedback on the subject . Especially scripture references.
In Christ Jesus