• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Bunch Of Random Writing.

• Members

I sat down and wrote some of this late Saturday night a long time ago (it seems like a long time ago, anyway), and I wrote the rest Sunday afternoon. It's not that good, and some stuff's wrong with it (example: 45. when referring to a pistol, when it's supposed to be .45), but here it is. God bless.

Time: 12:32 a.m.
Place: The United States Paranormal Investigative Base in South Georgia.
Date: 2/9/2013.

"See anything, Phil old boy?" a base guard, named Gabriel Collins, asked his partner. The two men were seated side-by-side at the OBservance center of the base - a place where the images of every video camera in the base could be viewed in a nine inch screen. This was an essential part of the base, and it saved them more than a little bit of trouble.
It took Gabriel's partner a minute to respond, as he was looking at a screen intently, a perplexed look on his face. He took a sip of his piping hot coffee, and then turned muttered a view things to himself.
"I coulda swore I just saw something on that screen..." he mumbled almost incoherently. Gabriel laughed, and smacked his partner on the back, which nearly sent the the contents of the coffee cup all over the very expensive equipment. This did the trick in getting Phil's attention.
"Hey, what did ya do that for?" he growled angrily at his partner. Gabriel moved back slightly in his chair, his arms raised a bit over his head with his palms pointing towards Phil, thus signifying he was taken a bit aback at his partner's behavior.
"Hey, cool it, man!" he exclaimed. "I didn't mean nothing by it; I was just trying to get your attention."
Phil's face softened. "Oh. Sorry." he looked down at his coffee cup, a bit embarrassed. "So, why were you trying to get my attention?"
"I just wanted to ask ya if you'd seen anything," he answered. He then smiled. "So, have you? Or this going to mark the year anniversary since nothing of remote dangerousness has happened at this base?"
"Oh, that incident..." Phil cleared his throat. "I remember that well. But, yeah, it looks like it's going to be. I haven't seem too mu...Hey, wait a minute." The guard turned quickly to the screen he had been looking at a moment before, and then gasped. "Holy cow! That is anything but normal!"
Gabe's hand instinctively went to the 45. caliber pistol in a holster at his side. "What is it, Phil?" he queried, a bit frightened.
Without even responding to his friend's question, Phil pushed a bit red button on the desk's control board, and then began speaking into a microphone right in front of him.
"Attention! Attention! There is a disturbance at control post 7 in the right of the base. Send a squad of men there, pronto!"
Seconds after Phil finished, a siren started sounded, and his message was repeated throughout the entire base. Shortly after, a voice came to him and Gabe's ears.
"What's going on, Phil?" the voice, belonging to Commander Bennett, the base's overseer, asked.
"I don't know, Commander," answered the exasperated guard. "I saw something...something...abnormal. I know for sure it wasn't one of our men. I don't even think it was human."
"I've sent fifty men armed with machine guns and rifles over to the place you pointed out, along with two jeeps with machine guns mounted on them, and a tank. If anything's there, it isn't going to be around much longer."
"Gotcha, Commander, and thanks. Give us an update when you know more."
"Roger. I'll do just that."
Meanwhile, at control post 7...

"You guys see anything?" Lieutenant Trent Ford, leader of Squad Alpha, asked his fifty men. They had arrived at control post 7, and had found it completely abandoned.
"Negative, sir," responded one of his men; a Sergeant Nolan. "Nothing."
Lieutenant Ford scratched the side of his head (which wasn't covered by his helmet), and sighed, shaking his head.
"I would think Phil was just playing tricks on us," he started, "excepts that the ten men who were stationed here are no longer here." He gripped his Uzi tighter. "I don't like this one bit."
He then turned to his left, where one of the jeeps was stationed.
"Private, you drive that jeep all around here. If you see anything - and I mean anything - call me. Got that?"
The private nodded, revved up his jeep, and took off.
"Hey, Lieutenant, I found something!" yelled a soldier. Lieutenant Ford and a few of his men quickly ran in the direction of the voice, which was a few yards away from where the control post tower was.
"Yeah, Nixon?" he yelled as they were jogging towards the soldier. Seconds later, they arrived at where the soldier was. He was looking at something on the ground. When he saw his comrades nearby, he turned to them, his face pale.
"Grant? What's wrong with you, man?" Lieutenant Ford asked, his eyes narrowed. The Corporal gulped, and pointed at a lump of...something on the ground.
"Lieutenant...guys," he choked out softly, "that's...what's left of Private Greg Wilson. His body is tore all up. I don't know what...happened to him."
Lieutenant Ford's eyes widened. Phil wasn't joking around.
"I've got to let the Commander know about this right away," he announced as he reached for the walkie-talkie on his belt. He quickly pushed a few buttons, and soon had Commander Bennett on the portable phone.
"Yes, Lieutenant? You found something?" he inquired, a slight tinge of excitement in his voice.
"Yes sir," the Lieutenant responded, "we have." he took a deep breath, and then continued. "We found Private Greg Wilson, the second-in-command of control post seven, dead as a doornail."
This brought a gasp from Commander Bennett. "What?!" he yelled loud enough for everyone nearby to hear him. "Who...or what...killed him?"
The Lieutenant sighed. "I don't know, sir. That's what we're trying to find out."
"Yes, I understand, Lieutenant...sorry for my outburst. Let me know when you...learn more. Understood?"
"Understood, sir," he answered, thus ending their conversation. As he put his walkie-talkie back on his belt, he turned to the men who were with him, looking somewhat paler than before.
"Men," he began, "we're going to scan this area - all of us. And if we see anything unusual..." he paused. "Shoot to kill. Sergeant, you go inform the other men of this. The rest of us are going to go and see if we can find this...monstrous thing."
The sergeant nodded OBediently, and began running back to where the others were waiting for further orders from Lieutenant Ford. Whether they liked them or not, they were about to get some.
"Alright, men," the Lieutenant continued, "let's move out!"

"What a waste of time this is," thought Private Hank Peterson, who was driving the jeep Lieutenant Ford had sent out. "We've been driving around for five minutes and haven't seen anything."
Suddenly, the walkie-talkie on his belt started ringing, telling him someone was trying to get in touch with him. Undoubtedly, Lieutenant Ford. Thus, he slowed down the jeep a bit, reached for his side, grabbed the walkie-talkie, and put it up to his right ear.
"Yeah?" he mumbled less than enthusiastically.
"Private Peterson," the voice - Lieutenant Ford's, as Peterson had predicted - began, "I want you to come and meet up with me and a few guys with me over at the stream. I've already sent out the other guys. We could use a lift."
"Yes sir," he sighed, "one taxi coming up."
"Thanks, Private. See you in a minute."
Private Peterson quickly put the walkie-talkie back on his belt, and then did a 180* with the jeep. His two companions - one sitting beside him on the front of the jeep, and one sitting behind the machine gun - didn't enjoy this, and told him so.
"Hey, watch your turning, Peterson," the gunner complained. "I almost flew right out of my seat."
Private Peterson snorted, not caring a bit. "You'll get over it."
"Maybe he don't want to get over it," growled the man sitting next to Peterson.
"OK, OK, I'm sorry, alright?!" Peterson exclaimed. "Let's keep our mind on..."
Graarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A massive roar erupted from nearby, sending chills down the spines of the three soldiers.
"What was that?" asked Private Peterson shakily. "Wait...I see something! Gunner, open fire! Ben, you blast that...thing with your rifle, pronto! I'm going to see if we can...outrun it, whatever it is!"
The soldier slammed down on the accelerator, which increased the jeep's speed considerably. That's when they saw it in more detail. A huge, awful creature, right behind them - and gaining fast. The gunner was letting loose a bunch of 50. caliber bullets on it, and Peterson's companion, Clark Greene, was shooting at it with a 22. rifle - but it still kept coming. They couldn't tell what it was; the light was too dim.
"Come on, guys, kill it!" yelled Private Peterson angrily, giving the jeep all it had. "KILL IT!"
"We're trying!" yelled the gunner. "But it isn't dying!"
Finally, things turned for the worse. The creature leaped a gigantic bound, landing on top of the jeep. It grabbed Peterson and his two companions, and then sent their bodies sailing through the air. After slashing the tires, it looked around, hoping to see more victims - more blood to spill. It must have liked irony, as it picked up the jeep and put it under one of its massive arms - hoping to throw it at some more of the men. With a deep, throaty chuckle, the creature dashed off in search of more men to kill.

"This is getting ridiculous," muttered one of Lieutenant Ford's men. "It's been almost ten minutes, and they still haven't gotten here. What's the deal?"
"Indeed, it is," agreed the Lieutenant. "Let me try calling up Peterson." He retrieved the walkie-talkie from his belt, and pushed a few buttons, expecting to hear Peterson's voice a second later. However...
Krrzzzztttt!!!! "Static..." muttered Lieutenant Ford. "Static only comes when the walkie-talkie you're trying to call is out of range, or broken. And it can't be out of range; they should be nearby..." he gulped. "Something must have happened!"
As the final words left his mouth, one of Lieutenant Ford's men tapped him on the shoulder. The Lieutenant spun around 180*, placing the man who had committed the act in his line of vision.
"Sir," he started, "we've gotten reports back from all five of the other groups, excepts for Peterson's. None of them saw anything, excepts..." he looked away from Lieutenant Ford's piercing gaze. "...they found the bodies of all fourteen other men. Just like the other guy's body; torn to shreds. They found six together, then four, then two pairs."
Lieutenant Ford bit his lip. "Well, if they didn't find anything, they didn't find anything. Call Commander Bennett and have him send out a few search copters to try and find Peterson and his men. After you try calling the two guys with him, that is."
"Already done, sir. Static, just like Peterson's."
Lieutenant Ford's eyes widened. "This is bad. They must have met with the...thing. Corporal..." he turned to one of his other men, who was looking down at the slow-moving waters of the stream. Upon hearing the Lieutenant's voice, however, he turned to him.
"Yes sir? What is it?"
"Have Commander Bennett send four jeeps and two tanks over here where we are. I want to find out what's going on if it kills me."
The Corporal nodded. "Yes sir. But..." he paused. "...what are we going to do?"
"Wait, my good man," replied Lieutenant Ford, "wait."
This didn't appear to thrill the Corporal too much, and with good reason. Nonetheless, he nodded, and reached for the walkie-talkie on his belt. At the same time, the man who Lieutenant Ford had ordered to call Commander Bennett so he could send out some search copters, walked over to him.
"The search copters are coming, sir," he reported. "Any further orders?"
Lieutenant Ford shook his head, and looked at his group of five men.
"None. Excepts..." he smiled weakly. "...wait."

"Come, men - move, move, move!" Captain Theodore Woods, who was being sent out with two tanks, four jeeps, and one hundred and fifty men at the orders of Commander Bennett. He was at control post 7, and had just finished giving his orders to all of the men present. Lieutenant Ford's men had rendezvoused there once they had finished searching the area.
Captain Woods quickly hopped up into a jeep, his AK-47 on a sling over his shoulder. "Alright, driver, lead the way to the stream!" The driver of the jeep nodded, started the jeep up, and drove about fifteen feet in front of the large assortment of men and vehicles.
The two tanks and the four other jeeps quickly followed behind Captain Woods, with the large group of infantry following behind. They weren't making too good time, as the infantrymen could only run about eight miles an hour, or they'd get too tired quickly.
Fortunately, the stream was only about a mile from where they were, so it wouldn't take too much longer. Still, it was more than Captain Woods would have liked; he was fidgety and nervous. To easy his uneasiness, he grabbed his walkie-talkie, and called up one of the search copters.
"Yes sir, Captain?" asked one of the men in a copter somewhere around the compound.
"Private Harris, have you found anything?"
"No sir, we haven't seen anything yet. Excepts...hey..."
"Private, what's going on?"
"Ehh, nothing, sir. My eyes were playing tricks on me."
"That's what Phil thought at first two, but he was wrong. I don't want you pushing things off too easily. Got that?"
"Yes sir. We're going to bring the copter down a bit to check it out. Wayne, aim that searchlight down there..."
An awkward silence ensued, as Captain Woods waited to found out what the men had found - if it was anything. His convoy continued as normal, and they were now only several minutes from the stream.
Finally, the silence was broken, as Captain Woods heard a chorus of yells from the men in the copter. They had found something.
He gripped his walkie-talkie tightly, and spoke into it in an urgent tone. "Private Harris, I want a report right now!" His request was soon answered, as he heard a few gasps coming from the Private.
"Sor...ry, sir," he answered. "We...we just found Private Peterson and his two comrades. Both dead; torn to shreds like the others!"
"I see...is the jeep nearby?"
"No sir, it's not. We've scanned the area around the bodies with the searchlight, but haven't seen anything."
"Very well. Report this to Commander Bennett, quickly. After that, you and the rest of the boys can go on back to the hangar, unless the Commander's got something else for ya to do."
"Yes sir, Captain. See you soon, I...hope."
"Don't worry, Private; our boys will have this...thing killed soon. No worries."
"Yeah...no worries," Private Harris agreed unenthusiastically. "Bye, Captain."
Their conversation ended, Captain Woods put his walkie-talkie back on his belt. He thought it would be best not to tell his men of what he had just learned, as it might would spook them. He was already spooked, and he didn't need any of his men getting that way. No sirree.
"The streams just up ahead, sir," Captain Woods' driver told him. "As soon as we pass over that hill and drive down a bit, we'll be there."
Captain Woods sighed in relief. He wanted to get this over with. Excitement wasn't a particularly common thing here, but they had their moments occasionally. This was a lot more than a moment - and he didn't like it one bit.

"Sir, here comes Captain Woods and his convoy," Sergeant Henry Nixon told Lieutenant Ford. "I see the headlights of the jeep."
This was good news for Lieutenant Ford and his men. They didn't particularly enjoy just sitting around here, sitting ducks for the thing. Their confidence, however, was revived when they learned that they would soon have a whole lot of back-up.
"Excellent," the Lieutenant sighed. "I was worried."
In a matter of moments, the entire convoy was at the stream, and Lieutenant Ford and his men jogged over to where Captain Woods was. They didn't like the stern look on the Captain's face; they figured something had prOBably happened. Something bad.
"Hello Captain," greeted Lieutenant Ford as he did a quick salute. "Any news?"
"Yeah. One of the search copters found Peterson and his boys..." he gulped. "...dead. Torn to pieces, like the other guys."
Lieutenant Ford's face paled. "D...dead?" he echoed. "That's...bad. Very bad."
"Yeah, it is. You guys seen anything?"
Lieutenant Ford's face then hardened, and he shook his head. "No sir. Nothing as of yet. Though, that could...change quickly."
"Indeed, it could." He glanced back at his convoy, which was arranged perfectly. The men were arranged in an orderly formation, with a tank on the right, left, and front, along with two jeeps in the back, and one on each side of the two left and right tanks. They were ready for action.
"...But, if that does change..." he smiled. "...we can handle it adequately."
Suddenly, a loud yell erupted from of Lieutenant Ford's men who were with him at th stream before Captain Woods' convoy had arrived.
"Look! There's something in the sky!" Captain Woods and Lieutenant Ford looked up, and saw a sight you don't see everyday - a jeep flying in the air! Without saying another word, all of the men around Captain Woods' jeep flattened themselves to the ground, and the men in the jeep jumped out and followed suit.
They did so just in time, for the jeep hit that jeep, and crushing it.
"What...what was that?" Captain Woods queried as he stood up and brushed himself off. The other men who had hit the ground did the same.
Graaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! A massive roar bellowed across the field - evidently from the jeep-thrower. That was all it took. Captain Woods and the others quickly joined the convoy, and the jeeps and tanks formed a protective barrier around the infantrymen without even being ordered by the Captain. The men on the inside had their guns pointed out from behind the tanks, ready to fire at the...thing.
Then they heard it - loud footsteps, like those of a giant. Seconds later, they saw it - the thing. It was huge; massive. It looked like it could crush an elephant with its bare hands, without exerting any effort. It was the killer - the cause of all these prOBlems.
Without wasting a second, Captain Woods gave his orders. "OPPPPEEEEENNNN FIIIIREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" he yelled lustily, not allowing any fear to enter his voice.
The men did so gladly, and shots from AK-47s, 45. magnums, 22. rifles, and other assorted guns, grenades, tank shells, and machine guns bullets from the jeeps were flying towards the beast. It was like the ultimate fireworks show. However, the beast kept coming - even after getting hit time after time.
"It's not stopping!" Lieutenant Ford gasped as he fired a borrowed rifle (after all, an Uzi isn't the most effective for long-range shooting). The bullets and shells kept flying, and, by now, the creature was only about twenty feet from the formation. It wasn't running; merely walking. It was like it was enjoying the attention or something.
However, it evidently started getting impatient; it pounded its chest with its massive fists, and then let loose another fearsome roar. With that, it lunged towards the convoy - ready to spill blood.
It picked up a jeep in each hand - the men still in them - and threw them into the (now scattered) group of infantrymen, roaring all the way. It then grabbed a tank's barrel, bent it, and then sent the tank soaring into the air, landing fifty feet away or so.
"Throw all of your grenades at it!" Lieutenant Ford ordered as the creature grabbed the two remaining jeeps and - which were still firing at the creature - and tossed them both at one of the tanks. The impact had a great effect, as the tank rolled on its side, then on its top - trapping the men inside.
Already, over a hundred men had been killed, and only one tank remained. Nonetheless, the brave soldiers fought on, firing shot after shot. None of them had any effect upon the creature, though, as it kept killing more soldiers.
"Bazooka men, give that thing all ya got!" Captain Woods yelled over the fray. Three men followed his orders, and sent three shots at the head of the creature. They were well-aimed shots, but they had no effect!
Finally, relief came - the sound of rotor blades spinning was heard in the sky, and a group of six helicopters armed to the teeth with rockets and such was seen by the men. This brought a cheer from them; they had a chance now!
The copters fired a barrage of rockets at the creature, which didn't make it happy in the slightest bit. It ignored the infantrymen, and instead rushed over to the remaining tank, which was still firing at the monster. With a grunt and a roar, it picked the tank up over his head, and tossed it towards one of the helicopters. It hit the rotor blades of it, and the copter was soon plummeting towards the ground. However, to the creature's dismay...
"Look, that pilot's directing his copter towards the creature!" Lieutenant Ford OBserved as he fired pointlessly away at the creature with his 45. magnum. Sure enough, the pilot managed to crash his copter directly into the creature, which took the monster to the ground. As it threw the copter of himself, more rockets from the helicopters were fired towards him - which, to the amazement of Lieutenant Ford, Captain Woods, and their few remaining men, actually seemed to harm him!
The point was driven home when the creature roared a roar of pain, and dashed off away from the stream - towards, most likely, wherever it had come from. The battle was not won, no; but the creature was driven off temporarily.
"It's over!" exclaimed Private Nixon, who had been one of the few survivors.
"For now," Lieutenant Ford agreed. "But prOBably not forever."
"Indeed," Captain Woods agreed. "We'd better call in for a few jeeps to come pick us up, and to send some medics and such out here. These guys are to have to be flown to the army hospital nearby."
As the men contemplated what to do next, they noticed the remaining copters were landing - undoubtedly, to take them back to base. The pilot of the largest copter hopped out, and rushed over to the group.
"Lieutenant Ford, Captain Woods; we're glad you're alright. Commander Bennett sent us out here after we didn't hear anything from y'all."
"Thanks for saving our lives," Captain Woods chuckled. "We'd all be dead if it wasn't for you guys."
The pilot smiled. "No prOBlem. It's what we do. Anyway, come on; you guys can ride in my copter. We've already arranged for some helicopters full of medics to come and pick up any men who might be alive. After I drop you guys off, I and some more of my boys will fly around the compound to see if we can possibly find that creature and maybe finish it off."
"That'd be great. I'm just glad we're...alive."
"Yeah, I can imagine. Well, come on; let's go."
The men quickly rushed over to the copter and jumped in, glad to leave the gory scene. The helicopters all started up their engines, and started back towards the headquarters of the base. They knew that their troubles were most likely just starting - because, if this thing wasn't killed, it could destroy a lot of things and kill a lot of innocent people. Not good.

Time: 2:30 p.m.
Place: The White House.
Date: 2/10/2013.

"So...what exactly did your men describe the...thing as?" President James Lewis asked Commander Bennett. They were in the Oval Office, and the president was briefing the Commander on what was going on. James Lewis was an interesting president; fairly conservative, and a Christian. Sadly, a somewhat weak one. He managed to beat out Barack OBama in the 2012 race for the White House by a couple of percentage points.
"They thought it looked like an alien or something, sir," the Commander answered as he wiped his sweaty brow with a handkerchief. "It was strong enough to throw a tank with one hand!"
The President leaned back in his chair. "That's pretty strong, alright. How many men did you lose?"
"Around two hundred and fifty, sir. Only a few men survived the creature's attack on the convoy. The copters finally managed to wound it or something; otherwise, all of the men with the convoy would have prOBably been dead!"
"Yes - so I heard." The President bit his lip. He was still a newbie in the area of being President, though he had been a senator for a while. Finally, he leaned forward in his chair, his hands entwined whilst lying on the table. "I don't want the press or the public hearing about this," he told the Commander. "This could cause a panic. Only call upon people you know you can trust; no one else. This is your responsibility, as Commander of the Paranormal Investigative Agency in Georgia. I want you to get to the bottom of this at any...well, almost any cost."
Commander Bennett nodded. "I understand, sir, and I will try not to fail you."
The President smiled. "I know you will, Commander. Oh..." he quickly paused, and retrieved a pen from his suit jacket. He then grabbed a small notepad, ripped a piece of paper out of it, and scribbled some things. Finally, he handed it to Commander Bennett, and then continued. "...You might try getting in contact with this fellow. He's helped out the government a few times before."
"Yes sir, I know of him," Commander Bennett commented as he studied the name, address, and phone number on the paper. "I'll try and get in touch with him soon."
With that, Commander Bennett and the President stood up and shook hands.
"Good luck to you, Commander," the President wished. "And God bless."
Commander Bennett, being a hardened atheist, merely nodded and humored the President. "Yes sir. I hope He does."