• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Research: Does your KJV have the "Five Books of Psalms"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Bible I've had since my teen years, a KJV edition of the Ryrie Study Bible, published by Moody Press, DOES NOT have the book divisions. My wife and youngest son carry a KJV Large Print Compact Bible (one a cross design (2008) and the other a "snap flap:) and both DO have the book divisions. All of my older kids carry Zondervan KJV Study Bibles, and has been already revealed, they DO NOT have the book divisions. I will also point out that the Zondervan, Cambridge and Oxford all have very minute variations from each other...but that is for another discussion.

When I find my other KJVs I'll post their results.

Just FYI, my (Baptist) "Believer's Study Bible" NKJV by Thomas Nelson DOES have the book divisions.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

In another forum I asked about "The Five Books of Psalms." I've been told that a Nelson Thin Line KJV does have these "Headings."

Here is my specific research type question: Does your Bible contain these Headings?

You would find the headings at the beginning of Psalm 1 ("Book One"). The other "Book Headings" would appear before Psalm 42, 73, 90, and 107.

I would appreciate if you checked your Bible and post the results.

ALSO
Does anyone know if these Psalm "Book Headings" appear in the Ben Chayyim Hebrew Old Testament.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Yes Sir, mine has the "Book" headings, of which you speak!

"Published In Braille by
Braille Bibles International
www.braillebibles.org"

In all fairness, I think they use a Thomas Nelson printing. BTW, the listing of the website doesn't necessarily imply endorsement; I was just writing what is on the first page of every volume!

• Members

My 1611 KJV (facsimile) by Holman does NOT have these "Book" headings.
The headings DO NOT appear in my:
• World Pocket KJV
• Cambridge Concord Reference Bible KJV
• Anthony Plain Text KJV Bible

They DO appear in:
• Nelson King James Reference Bible
• Holman UltraThin Ref Bible (funny as the Holman 1611 does NOT have them)

I just asked my wife and they're in hers! She uses a Thomas Nelson Regency, copyright 1990! She's had it for around 13 years.
IMHO, sounds like a TN thing!

• Members

The Bible I've had since my teen years, a KJV edition of the Ryrie Study Bible, published by Moody Press, DOES NOT have the book divisions. My wife and youngest son carry a KJV Large Print Compact Bible (one a cross design (2008) and the other a "snap flap:) and both DO have the book divisions. All of my older kids carry Zondervan KJV Study Bibles, and has been already revealed, they DO NOT have the book divisions. I will also point out that the Zondervan, Cambridge and Oxford all have very minute variations from each other...but that is for another discussion.

When I find my other KJVs I'll post their results.

Just FYI, my (Baptist) "Believer's Study Bible" NKJV by Thomas Nelson DOES have the book divisions.

Two things! Apparently, others than the Thomas Nelson printings have the headings!
Well, make that three! I mentioned my braille Bible earlier! I'll take what I have now, over the stuff that was put out, several years ago! IMHO, what I have now is in line more with the Bible than what I had before! Plus, the verses all start at the beginning of a line! It makes it somewhat difficult when finding where a paragraph begins, but Jess helps me with that!
Lastly, we all know a true Baptist, wouldn't use a NKJV, right?