• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

c'mon people!

• Members

I can't. I'm a terrible poet and writer :)

Just let your heart do the talking, the words are not as important as the subject; It does not have to rhyme, many good odes don't rhyme, it just needs to be genuine. Even fiction comes from the heart though it is not what most would think to be genuine. Write about what moves you...what is dear to you, and you will be surprised at what you can do. Here it is:

My Nemesis

My enemy is stronger than I;
He seeks me out, from dusk to dawn,

• Members

C'mon on now, everyone's talent does not lie in writing poetry.

I'm one of them. Plus, I'm not big on reading poetry, but for those whose talent lies in writing poetry, that's just great, and the same goes for those who love reading it.

Ugh, when the talent does not lie within, the heart just doesn't do the talking poetic language.

I'm glad God give us all different talents.

• Members

C'mon on now, everyone's talent does not lie in writing poetry.

I'm one of them. Plus, I'm not big on reading poetry, but for those whose talent lies in writing poetry, that's just great, and the same goes for those who love reading it.

Ugh, when the talent does not lie within, the heart just doesn't do the talking poetic language.

I'm glad God give us all different talents.

Well said, brother. I'm not too big on reading or writing poetry, but there are occasions when I'll do it. Though, I think I've only really written three poems I like that much (two of which are song lyrics). I'm more of just a general writer.

God's given us all different talents, as you said, and we need to utilize them for His glory.
God bless,
Joel.

• Members

That's the point! It is not merely poetry, (which is really of little use) but writing also. Jerry8087..., I know you can write! Poetry is merely entertaining, but the writing can be both amusing and instructive, as well as funny and heartwarming.

By the way, isn't this new look great? (The forums)

• Members

Yes, its looking good, the more I get use to it, the more I understand it, the more I like it.

Yes, I understand well, writing whether it be poetry or stories, is entertaining to some people, but all people do not have that talent, again, I'm one of them.

Sad thing, many who have such a talent, waste it on worldly stuff, junk, that never edify's anyone in a godly manner.